would this work?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaybird2 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• So I’m still getting to grips with how I want to do this fasting, and trying to find what would suit me better and my lifestyle. So my question is:

If say Tuesday was one of my fast days. Could I eat my calories up until 2 pm, and then not eat again until Wednesday morning at breakfast? For me it would suit be better to do it this way, and when the evening comes, be able to relax and do some mindfulness meditation and maybe have an early night, instead of eating. It would also suit me better as during the day I look after my twin toddlers and I would prefer to have my calories with me then, not to have them after they have gone bed.

The 5:2 WOL works whichever way you want to plan your Fast days as long as you stick to your calories Some people just eat one meal late pm or evening.While others spread out their calories over the whole day or don t eat at all and just drink water or other liquids.
    If it makes sense to you and you can control your eating using that method it is all that matters.But do not be rigid try others ways if you find it too challenging
    I am Buddhist and do use Mindfulness meditation to support me with the 5:2.
    I am also aware eating your main meal before 12 noon is practised by the monks and nuns in my local Buddhist Monastery everyday so it can done successfully.
    May all go well for you

Jaybird2, thank you so much for your reply. I am also a Buddhist, in the making anyway, I am part of an online sangha in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, I was so pleased to see mindfulness had its own place in the 5:2. As you say, many monks and nuns only eat once a day, its a way of life for them. I do want to give my body time to fast, with no calories whatsoever, so I think this will work for me, and will be trying it shortly (eating breakfast and lunch, and then calling it a day calorie wise). Thanks again X

Thich Nhat Hahn what an inspiring teacher he is. Have you been to Plum village? Do you live in France?
    I follow the Ajahn Chah Theravada Forest tradition from Thailand. Tomorrow we are celebrating Visakha at the Temple
    Not sure if you follow the same calendar maybe as Thich Nhat Hahn is from Vietnam originally right.

I am sure you will find the Buddhist approach to eating and diet in general very supportive and what- ever type of meditation you practice I am convinced it helps let go of unhealthy cravings and encouraging moderate eating.
    Bless you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.