Women and prediabetes, question! Need advice please :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Women and prediabetes, question! Need advice please :)

This topic contains -6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jsmitty 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am 44yr old woman normally quite healthy. Got a physical and bloodwork can back for 1st time ever prediabetic! I started 5/2, love it, but am reading for women in particular it can actually cause diabetes? Do I stop the 5/2?

Who exactly has written what exactly? How closely did the study protocol match Dr Michael Mosley’s dietary recommendations? How many human females were studied?

I am not aware of any research suggesting any of Dr Mosley’s diet plans causing either form of diabetes (type 1 or type 2) in any population group.

There is research linking a lower carbohydrate Mediterranean-style diet, increased physical activity and weight reduction generally with a lower risk of insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetes. Research shows that the health benefits are not gender-specific.

As with any eating plan some people make up their own regimen. I have seen many such DIY diets that are imbalanced and poorly varied, and some people develop worrying symptoms linked to their poor diet choices.

Some who are intermittent fasting two days per week are ‘eating whatever they want’ on non-fasting days. No medical professional would advocate this over a properly balanced and very varied wholefood diet.

What has the diagnosing doctor or other medical professional recommended diet-wise? Have you shown them the book that you are following, or your detailed daily food diary?

I am 8 weeks in and loving the 5/2 fast! I have lost 9lbs and while I didn’t do measurements, I’ve definitely lost inches! This will be a continued lifestyle for me, I really like how good I feel. Here is my question though. I really have another 10lbs to lose, but seem to be stuck at the 9lb mark. Do I add a 3rd fast day?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.