Winning

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Last night I felt like I broke the hold food had on me. Previously, I always needed to know where my next meal would be coming from and I couldn’t head out for a day of sightseeing (as an example of a day spent away from home), without taking food with me. I was always thinking about, or going to the supermarket, planning or cooking my next meal, or baking. 10 years or so years ago I read in a magazine that every time you get hungry it is a sign your metabolism is slowing down and I think it really stuck with me – hunger was a ‘bad thing’.

Last night I got back from a Nike Run run, it was a fast day and I didn’t eat anything when I got home. Before, this was not possible. No way would I skip a meal, or even be content with something really simple. I now know that I CAN not eat. I don’t implode, the world doesn’t end, and I don’t even get that hungry. I also know that a wee can of tuna, a glass of gazpacho or a pottle of yoghurt and a piece if fruit are perfectly acceptable meals.

I can feel the this happy bubble of freedom in my chest. It’s a good feeling.

Good luck to everyone today – I hope it’s a great day for all (or has been a great day for those in the South!)

What a wonderful feeling of achievement you must have – good for you! 😀
    It sounds like you have a much healthier relationship with food.
    Hope things are on track for your December goal 🙂

🙂 That’s a very motivating post, especially for any new members. I feel like that too. Freedom and control are such great things to have now.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement team!

I forgot to mention that I have also stopped ‘secret eating’ – waiting for others to be out of the room before sneaking treats. I don’t eat anything to be embarrassed about!!!
    So yes, a much happier, much healthier relationship with food. Freedom and control 🙂

I still haven’t done a weigh and measure update (as I have been a daily weigher/reactor in the past, and not doing so turned this into a long term trial rather than the usual three days ( as many of us know, giving up our favourite foods feels pretty impossible and I’m really not successful at it!!) but am fairly sure I am getting closer to fitting my jeans in December. When I see my boyfriend again after 6 months – eeeee!!

Secret eating is a bit problem indeed, I think a lot of people who are losing weight tend to do it… However I’m all alone here in China, so I don’t really have anyone around me monitoring what I do 😉 Here at work they keep offering me cookies and things like that, which is also fun.
    So yeah, I have to completely motivate myself in terms of secret eating… for the other motivation I have you guys of course!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.