Will the 5:2 help lower my genetically high cholesterol

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Will the 5:2 help lower my genetically high cholesterol

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ruby1812 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I am a fit, healthy, fairly active 53 yr old female, I do some form of exercise daily and have a general good diet. My vice is that i am a snacker. The 5;2 is good for me cos it keeps me focussed and stops my snacking!!!! I have been following the 5:2 plan for 3 weeks now, fasting Mondays and Thursdays ( It help now that my husband has decided to join me, having eachother for support helps).

My main question is whether my overall cholesterol and LDL cholesterol will improve after some time on our new life’s journey of being on the 5:2?

My overall cholesterol is now 7.2, slowly increasing each year, ( each time i get my blood results back and see this slow increase, I am devastated) I am not on medication, my GP said my good cholesterol is very good, so no need) My LDL is high at 4.4. My HDL is very good at 2.5 and my triglycerides also good at 0.6. I don’t eat cakes, fatty food,take away, limit cheese and eggs, my food of preference is vegetables and salads! Its true!

Both my parents are on cholesterol medication. I am going to strongly adhere to the 5:2 and in 3 months have another blood test…..I was interested if anyone else is in a similar situation with genetically high cholesterol, and whether the 5:2 lifestyle help reduce genetically high cholesterol over a period of time. thanks 🙂

Hi Ruby and welcome:

Many people report their cholesterol levels decrease as they lose weight.

There is little relationship between diet and cholesterol levels, and no evidence at all that eating fat results in high cholesterol. In fact, research shows that as you get older, the higher your cholesterol levels, the longer you live (and vice versa). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QetsIU-3k7Y

I would not (don’t) worry.

Good Luck!

Thank you simcoeluv for your response…i’ll check out the link you sent me.
    thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.