Why the rush?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I see so many posts about losing more than 1kg a week! The Fast Diet is a long term life changer. Don’t rush it. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Rejoice at a 1lb a week!!!! Any more and you risk your body closing in on you, it will defend itself! Take it calmly and slowly, little every week. After all, if you plan to keep the weight off you will have mindset to go 6:1 for rest of your life. Taking 4000 calories out every week, you will lose 1lb a week over long term. Don’t despair, stay with it. You will become more active as the weight drops off. Don’t shock the body, slowly slowly catchy monkey! Be patient, don’t become one! I want to be target weight for the rest of my life, I hate yo-yo diets and this diet is a real hope. I have lost 2.5 stones in six months and the wife 1.5 stones and have really enjoyed it. Yes you need target weight, not time span, as if you follow this diet you will get there, saving any medical reasons of course. Take your time…….

This makes a lot of sense to me.

I have a large amount of weight to lose – and have tried an assortment of methods to shift the weight.

With some diets I have lost a few pounds but put it back on again and then some!

Now I am 5:2ing and it just feels ‘right’. I have lost almost a stone so far – and for the first time I actually feel I have a method of weight loss that I can actually stick to.

Every half pound (or as I like to see it a packet of butter!) that I lose is a small victory. Most weeks I manage to lose a pound…This week I was excited at a pound and a half. Much more than this is just not sustainable. ….Oh and I am achieving this with little/no exercise!

Disability means that I cannot expect to become more active as I lose weight…but I expect to find other health benefits as my weight reduces!

And one other ‘advantage’ to losing weight slowly…I worry that as I have a huge amount to lose there is every chance that if I lost weight too quickly then I would be left with huge flaps of skin…. I still expect a little of this, but hope to minimise it by losing weight slowly (but steadily!) and letting the skin’s natural elasticity do as much as it can!

I think I’m one of the long-termers on here (started August 2012) and totally agree. Anyone expecting quick results may or may not get them in the short term but even if they are one of the ‘lucky ones’ who lose a lot of weight early on, the chances of keeping that level up long-term are slim to none.

I lost most of my (so far) 4 stone (aprox) in the first year and since last August I’ve only lost about 1 stone. If you work it out that’s about 0.6 of a lb per week over the last 2 years. Yes, I lost 1 stone in my first 2 months on this WOE but that just brings down my weekly average ever since even lower doesn’t it. I’d recommend to anyone to just get comfy with it, make it your lifestyle and settle in for the long haul. I’d also recommend only weighing/measuring once a month, as 0.2 or 0.3lb per week isn’t all that but if you consistantly see that you’ve dropped at least 1 or 2 lb per month then you can see a consistant downward trend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.