Why such slow weight loss?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Why such slow weight loss?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BellaB 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am 39 – soon to be 40yr old female. Mum of 4 boys. This is the first diet/way of eating I both agree with and have found working for me. I don’t weigh myself, not yet. Prefer to go by my mirror and feel of my clothes. I know i have lost weight. I can feel it. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks. Started doing 16:8, then tried 5:2 and now trying 4:3.

My question is, what is the reason/science behind the slow weight loss? I would have thought weight would drop off me not eating for 24 hours and limiting my calories so much. But I don’t think it is and no one has noticed it yet.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Hello BellaB,

If you take a look at No. 4 in the 1st post of the following thread then there may be some helpful guidance/answers for you.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

There may also be some useful discussion of the science in the FAQ in the top menu.

It’s good that you can feel the difference with your clothes because altho’ weight is an easy metric to measure on a repeated basis, it is one of the least informative assessments to make of someone’s health and wellbeing (beyond obvious red flag points).

I started IF in 2011. I’ve shed 60lbs and been in maintenance for a while and all I can say is that nobody has commented on my losses (altho’ whether or not they’ve noticed and refrained from commenting is a different matter – tho’ this would be most unlike my F&F 🙂 ). The upside of the lack of comments is that when you enter maintenance, you don’t have a source of positive approbation and affirmation to lose, IYSWIM – because I know that some people end up missing the ‘attagirl’, ‘attaboy’ comments when people are accustomed to your new shape.

Thanks SSure. Great advice. Will check out those links. Congrats on sticking to this for so long and 60lbs is an awesome achievement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.