Why is it harder 4 months down the track

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Why is it harder 4 months down the track

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Revel3 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, I have been doing the fast (2 days per week) since January and have had no problem with it. Its actually been quite easy. I lost about 3 kg and people started noticing. but……April was a nightmare and I just couldn’t get through each fast day. I just couldn’t cope with it. I have stopped doing 2 day fasts pwer week and only just coping with one fast day a week but even then I dont seem to handle it. I have since put on quite a bit of that weight. Does anyone have any ideas why it changed from being really quite easy to almost impossible to do! Thank you.Mel from New Zealand

Hi Mel, I think it has to do with losing your initial motivation, it gets boring.

What helped me was to shake things up by going for a while on calorie counting, trying to stay at 1200 cal per day. (I use myfitnesspal for logging my food and set it to lose a pound per week) I also introduced quite an extensive fitness regime to which my new sports watch with heart rate monitor helps tons. It gives me soo much motivation to “earn” calories, which when calorie counting I can eat back. Suddenly, instead of having to stay under my TDEE I can enjoy eating pretty much as much as I like.

I have to also say, by doing the above I continued to lose weight, improved my endurance and health. For the time being, I am back on 5:2, because I do like fasting.

I am very close to goal weight now, 700g shy of 56kg and I will continue to do things my very own way. This way no week is like the other and it keeps me motivated. If I can not do enough sports, I eat less. If I had a very good day and burned tons of calories, I can enjoy a full dinner without having to worry, eventhough I keep on logging all my food. If I want to really indulge or give my weightloss a new boost I go on ADF (alternate day fasting).

I actually believe that changing things around can be very beneficial as the body can never gets used to what you are doing, but than…others might disagree. For me at least this works wonderfully well.

Finally, I read tons of books about nutrition and a healthy life style has now become a hobby of mine. I love trying to incorporate healthy food and coming up with new recepies for my smoothies.

So, apologies for this long blurb, what I am trying to tell you is, do not worry about doing things differently and falling off the wagon. There are tons of ways of losing weight when doing 5:2 and what ever works for you is fine.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Thanks Stef, that is really helpful. I might actually take a break for a month then come back to it. That could help refresh and to get back on track. Thanks again.Mel

I think that sometimes your body just needs a change/jolt/shakeup. I was doing well on the 5:2 fasting having also started in January. I had a couple of weeks off I March because my mother died and I couldn’t cope with funeral planning etc and fast. Those 2 weeks I lost 2lb! I’m stuck a bit at the moment, fasting but weight static, but I know from years of dieting that if I stick with it at this point I will see a significant drop. It’s almost as if my body is waiting to see if I’m serious about this losing weight business before it will let go of the flab.
    I’m doing more exercise and I know that always results in some water retention that takes a few days to work through.
    My main lesson learned is not to take too much notice of the scales as there are so many reasons why they fluctuate. I’m old enough to have learnt the hard way that you have to be in this for the long game. And if I go off track sometimes that’s fine as long as I get back on track as soon as possible. Good luck everyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.