When to eat on a fast day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I saw the TV show that Michael presented where they did an experiment on 2 groups who ate the same but at different times. Those that ate breakfast late and dinner early lost more fat. However the fast diet book says go as long as you can without eating, so I have been eating my 500 calories in the evening. But with this new study, should i now eat my 500 calories in the day time instead? i also wonder if it is best to have my 500 calories which I mostly makeup of protein, straight after exercise so my muscles can use it? In the same tv show they did an experiment that showed muscles need protein as soon as they are exercised. Thoughts anyone?

hi
    I am just about to start this ………..thursday will be my first fast day……..i need to lose a lot, currently weigh 95kg and hope to get down to 60kg……….i watched michael mosely two weeks ago where he’d been out testing and chatting to people who fasted etc………….it did seem to make sense so am not just embarking on this journey………………………..like you………..trying to work out that plan of the fast day……………any tips appreciated x

Sid the longer one goes without eating the better of course, at least up to a point but that point is probably in months for most of us rather than hours.

Many people find having all their calories in the evening as it helps them with sleep issues than can occur in some with fasting. Use higher protein and fats and stay away from carbs. Eliminate high sugar foods don’t add any sugar or artificial sweeteners at all.

Carefully plan what you’re going to have and KNOW what the full calories are before you make it. Be mindful and conscious of everything you consume.

Zero caloric intake water fasting is the other option. Eliminates all worries and having to plan things.

Im with QO, find a pattern that works for you. Experiment. Eat early and see what happens. Eat late and se what happens. Have 3 small meals and see what happens. Once you’ve found your sweet spot stick with it. The other thing is to ditch sugar AND artificial sweeteners!! Read the food labels carefully. Fat versus sugar content. No contest ditch the high sugar foods!!

For me I ended up going zero cal and two consecutive days. But I stress, find a pattern that suits you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.