When do I weigh myself?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mogaman 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I can’t work out when to weigh myself each week. After a fast day is obviously not accurate. I fast Monday and Thursday. Before I start fasting on a Monday is not realistic either. Any suggestions?

Why isn’t weighing yourself the morning after your fast day not accurate? Pick a day and I would pick Tuesday morning after your fast day. Just make sure its the same day and the same time every week. I weigh myself first thing after a fast day when I get up just before I shower. If the weight is going down all good. If its going up I need to reassess what Im doing.

Your weight can easily vary 2-3 pounds depending on the time of day and what part of the week you measure. So pick a day/time and make sure its the same every time you weigh yourself. From a psychological viewpoint why not pick the day/time where your likely to weigh the least. That’s the morning after a fast day. Good luck.

Yes good idea. I thought the day after fasting was likely to give me false hopes. But of course if it’s the same day every week – overall I should see a realisitc trend. Thanks for your reply 🙂

I weigh daily, just to keep myself on track. Some think that is obsessive and discouraging, but if I don’t know that I’ve gained 2 pounds, how can I work to lose it?

@fasting_me I’ve done the 5/2 since 2013. I am maintaining my ideal weight of 118 pounds (I’m 5’1″.) I weigh myself at the end of each month. If I’m true to the way of life (WOL.) there’s no way I’d gain two pounds and not know it. I have certain pants, skirts, and dresses that only look good on me and fit easily if I’m compliant with the WOL. I had a mom who weighed herself every day her whole life and she did become obcessive. Use an App to keep track of everything tou eat and you’ll know if you’re slipping!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.