What the (expletive deleted) is going on?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Having been somewhat discouraged by dropping only 4 kilos in weight since the beginning of Feb 2013, I’m even more discouraged and bewildered by stepping on the scales this morning – yesterday was a fast day – only to find that the whole lot has gone back on again since three days ago. Has that ever happened to anyone else out there? BTW it’s the same set of scales, in the same spot and on the same floor surface as usual.
    Paradoxically, I’ve just put on some new stretch denims and am wondering whether I should have got a size smaller!

Muscle weighs more than fat… measuring your waist can be a better guide. Or body fat scales.

I’d have to agree with SJ_Jones. I hardly noticed any change in my body for the 1st 2 months – imagine my shock when I finally thought I’d better just check and found I’d lost over a stone. However, recently I’m losing inches like crazy (like crazy for me anyway) and people are noticing my weight loss but I’m not actually losing much at all in comparison to that 1st 2 months.

If you are embarking on a fitness regime at the same time as starting this diet then you might well have replaced some fat with muscle.

I’m happy to say it’s all dropped off again, plus another 1/2 kilo. I’m still mystified by what happened. Could it be part of the same syndrome that manifested itself once in my late 20s? I put on a stone in four days while travelling in hot, sunny Portugal and, like my travelling companions, eating very little in the extreme heat.Two of them lost weight, one stayed the same. Very annoying!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.