What is your single favourite recipe?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
What is your single favourite recipe?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LittleWing 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello, I am only on week 4 of IF and am curious to know what your single favorite FAST day recipe is? Your most filling, flavorsome, satisfying recipe? With stats please 🙂
    I am a creature of habit and find myself making the same thing all the time but last night I made the cauliflower pizza from Lavender and Lovage and it was awesome! The whole pizza was only 480 Cals and I only eat an evening meal on FAST days so can eat it all! It was a bit of prep work though so I think I’ll buy up a heap of cauli’s at the market, whip up the bases/crusts and freeze them. They would be great as a bread substitute with soups, casseroles or dips, great as a veggie burger or to replace felafels. I can see so many uses for them and it is YUM!

So do you have a new fav, or an oldie but a goodie that you can always rely on?

Sarah Raven’s Chicken Puttanesca (Page 145 in the Fast Diet Recipe Book). 247 Calories per serving. Delicious!

an omelet with cheese and fresh tomato. Delicious, filling, and lots of protein!

I make fresh soup every Monday. I look forward to it every week. Also, any veg that have got squiggy over the week can go right in there, no problem, no waste. It’s so filling.

I also want to second the chicken puttanesca. I make it all the time. Although when I log the ingredients I use on Fatsecret, I’m pretty sure I’m closer to 300kcal, iirc.

Thanks for the replies! I too LOVE soup and omelets! Will definitely have to check out the chicken puttanesca!

Thanks again for the replies!

I like to keep it all as fresh and healthy as possible – there is just no other substitute for me and its all so low cal – my plate was extremely full – so was my belly 🙂

Last night i made steamed veg and fish: spinach (sprinkled with nutmeg), courgette ribbons, broccoli, asparagus, sugar snap peas and skinless and boneless cod loin marinated in fresh lemon juice and parsley. Totaled 280 cals – not bad!

Egg and tomato quick and easy and Less than 200 calories to my thinking

In a small Pyrex or Corelle bowl put see through pyrex is better in my opinion

dice half a tomato
    dice 1 tablespoon of Onion
    tablespoon fresh chopped chives or parsley (optional)
    garlic to taste I use a clove crushed or teaspoon of crushed/minced in the bottle
    a pinch of crushed chili pepper or more or less to taste
    1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
    ground black pepper and a bit of sea salt

toss it altogether the salt helps bring out the juices which aids in the cooking

In a non stick fry pan heat to med-low and put the smallest bit of oil and crack in one egg, cover with the contents of the bowl. Invert the bowl over the egg. You’re sort of poaching the egg you can have it soft or hard. Serve in the bowl, put a bit of lime or lemon juice on it and eat.

Takes all of five minutes to mix and 3 to cook. Great quick snack for breakfast after a fast or lunch on a fast.

Have just written a post seriously questioning the calories in this dish… mine is currently in the oven and smells so good but I really don’t believe its 247 cals, or anywhere near! 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.