What I ate today including a fish recipe I made up!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
What I ate today including a fish recipe I made up!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MrsD28below 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Today was a fast day. I had planned to eat a banana for breakfast but didn’t wake up at all hungry so I didn’t bother. Mid-morning I made soup using up vegetables left over from last week. 285g carrots, 1 leek, a Kallo vegetable stock cube and a tablespoon of caraway seeds. I made up around a litre which worked out at 3 portions – I calculated this as 60 calories per portion. I ate mine with 2 Finn crisp crisp breads thinly spread with reduced fat humous. Late afternoon I walked the dogs then made a delicious dinner. I sauted a small-ish red onion in a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of Harissa paste in a pan with a lid that I could transfer to the oven. When the onion had softened I added 2 chopped leeks and a can of chopped tomatoes. Once these had softened and mixed I piled a carton of flower sprouts on top, put the lid on and transferred to the oven which I had pre-heated to 180 degrees. After 10-15 minutes once the flower sprouts had started to soften I gave it all a stir and placed two cod fillets on top, put the lid back on and returned to the oven for a further 15 minutes, just enough to cook the fish. I served it with some bulgar wheat sprinkled with lemon juice. A really tasty meal which came in at around 320 calories for each of us. Give it a try if you like fish!

Hi MrsD28below
    What are flower sprouts, cauliflower, brocolli?
    Sounds delicious

Hi JoJo I only discovered it recently in Waitrose. Tastes like a cross between kale, purple sprouting broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Sounds weird but tastes good and around 50 calories per 100g. Have only steamed and baked so far but would stir fry really well I think. Have a good day 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.