What diet plan do you use on Non fasting days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
What diet plan do you use on Non fasting days?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  galexinda 9 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• What diet plan do you use on Bon fasting days?
    I use a combination of Mediterranean diet and high protein (well at least trying the high protein combination!).
    Can anyone share what they so??
    Will be interesting to know just in case I get fed up with my diet

I don’t have a diet plan for non fast days. I’d like my weight loss to be sustainable so I continue to enjoy the food I love. I’ve always eaten healthily and rarely eat junk food and takeaway nor snack between meals. Since starting 5:2 my portion sizes are more realistic. I find I’m satisfied sooner and stop eating.

On non fast days I continue to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and the odd beer during the day whilst on holidays. I’ve been following the plan for 4 months. Took a three week break over Christmas whilst holidaying with friends and did not gain weight. Since starting I’ve lost 10kg. I’m short 160cm, female and in my 60s. This is working for me because I do not diet on non fast days.

My doctor has me on a strict diet on non-fasting days. 2eggs and fat-free bacon or slice of smoked salmon from breakfast, 125g protein and salad vegetables for lunch, 125g protein and vegetables for dinner. Lots of water, 3 pieces of fruit (low GI) per day and a handful of roasted almonds if I get the munchies. No potatoes, no bread, rice or pasta. Plus 30 minutes of exercise per day. It’s doable, but I get a bit tired of chicken breasts.

You don’t have to eat chicken all time, lean beef, lamb fillet, pork steaks, skinless duck breasts, fish, or a vegetarian option of chick peas or lentils. You could always ahve a lighter breakfast occasionally, maybe some plain yoghurt with fruit and then have a bit more protein for dinner.

Thanks all.
    do you find that you get to eat all your TDEE calories a day? fall below or over shoot?
    I tend to generally fall below, being new on 5:2 I guess I am over cautious…

Hi please can you tell me what to eat on fasting days am not sure what to have?

currently I usually have fruit yoghurt or cereal for breakfast ,smoked salmon and scrambled egg or plain jacket for lunch and maybe omelette for evening meal and water throughout the day

beyond this am not sure what else to eat on my 2 fasting days am no good at calorie counting

tried to cut out bread and most dairy , juices and coffee on these days

can anyone recommend where I can find what to eat please on my 2 fast days?

thank you have a good day all

desperate to lose my bulging tummy which is so uncomfortable it s making me miserable on a daily basis and is no good for my heart (had 2 H/Attacks) so really need anyone s help

regards
    Lesley-Deanna

I give myself a cooking break on fasting days. I have things like a pack of posh prawns and rocket which is low calorie, or an M&S or waitrose calorie counted ready meal with spinach. Chunks of cucumber are good to snack on too

I have nothing for breakfast except a green tea and then I wait till lunch as that is generally when the hunger hits me. I then have a protein shake for lunch which is a proper meal replacement. Its got no sugar but high in protein (obvisouly). I then drink water throughout the day and usually make up a weight watchers jelly which has no sugar and pretty much no calories. I then have some protein like chicken or an omelette for dinner.

Just started 5:2 so I’m recording everything I eat and looking at the nutritional analysis over a period of a few days to get a general idea of how I’m doing. If I see a shortfall in any particular nutrient I look up on the internet and find natural sources to eat. Haven’t gone over my TDEE yet – eg today I have eaten well and a variety of foods but still under 1000 cals – don’t feel hungry or deprived and getting most of the nutrients around the RDA level. Just about managing the 500 cals on a fast day – in fact I should be aiming for about 360 if we go by the instruction that it should be 1/4 of your daily calorie allowance!

Never been one for pasta, bread, rice etc but I do love my veggies and fill up with them. Usually have some cereal eg weetabix for the fibre content. I do have a sweet tooth so a few days a week I eat something like blancmange or an ice cream or a cake. I don’t drink alcohol, tea or coffee and have one diet pepsi and one soda water per day maximum – drink lots of filtered water. I have fruit about once every 4 days.

On a fast day I usually miss breakfast (or have a slice of lean ham), have a salad for lunch and chicken with vegetables in the evening.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.