whaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaa :( :( :(

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
whaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaa :( :( :(

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Sassy 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• so yesterday i was doing fine

& then major mess due 2 do chocolate ugh

how can i b doing great for 7 months & now

a mess?

so repair 4 this wk is

8785 cals(1255cals*7 days was 1410 average but lowered it due 2 plateau)-2298 cals (sunday feastday)-1792 cals(mon nonfastday)-520 cals(tues fastday)-2505 cals (weds messed up bad nonfastday)-70 cals (2day thu fastday)-1300 cals(this friday nonfastday-300 cals (this sat fastday)= 0 back 2 an average of 1255 cals

should i just chuck it all?

or do the above?

where did this weakness come from after all this time?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa πŸ™

I think you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it. You are a human being like the rest of us, and we can’t all have a will of steel ALL of the time. Put it behind you and carry on as you would normally. Remember – this is NOT a diet like all the rest, where you are either ‘succeeding’ or ‘failing’. This is a ‘plan’ that we love for its flexibility and for the fact that it allows us to have bad days every now and then without feeling guilty.

Tomorrow is another day πŸ™‚ Let’s hope you feel better about yourself soon (and put the rest of the chocolate in the bin – if there is any left!)

What would happen if you “should i just chuck it all?”

➰

wiltldnrUSA,

Yeahhhh, you’re human!! Sometimes a good chocolate blowout is needed. Don’t worry about it for another second (says the one who ate everything but the kitchen sink, last Sunday)! I felt awful for a bit, then got over it. And guess what? Didn’t really gain anything.

I read or heard somewhere, that it’s actually good to sometimes consume higher calories in a day, when you are “dieting”. This can “trick” your body, as it can get complacent if you’re always “good”, and can actually cause a plateau if you don’t. And it’s as though your body forgives you. I choose to believe this. πŸ˜€

Plus, didn’t it feel good to just let go and eat, just take a break from it all for a little while? I am learning that it’s ok to give myself the permission to do so occasionally.

Like so many have said, tomorrow is another day. Forget yesterdays folly, and eat some yummy fruits and veggies today, rather than try to overcorrect the binge – or it may drive you to eat more chocolate. Plus, you’re definitely not alone!

1st of all thanks 2
    StephB TidyChick rockyromero

StephB

merci thanks gracias profesora

i just finished posting/replying that exact thing yesterday

& boom

i think i will go w/ the plan i posted

then i’m back

but if not

as u said forget about it

& no there isn’t any more chocolate left

that was a family king size bar of pure 900 cals @ 10:30 @ night

i don’t mind it on a feastday which is sun only but a nonfastday ugh

si no se aventura no se pasa la mar πŸ™‚

TidyChick

“Plus, didn’t it feel good to just let go and eat, just take a break from it all for a little while? I am learning that it’s ok to give myself the permission to do so occasionally.”

yes it felt super great
    however, my body tends 2
    want 2 feel super 4ever & 4ever & 4ever πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    so will go back 2 the plan posted

rockyromero
    “What would happen if you β€œshould i just chuck it all?”

ur right nothing would happen

it is so nice 2 have this forum as a sounding board

2 show our vulnerabilities & have such luving support

And you didn’t LEAVE any chocolate for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???????

Don’t beat yourself up, girl. Tomorrow is another day!

Good to have you back in a positive frame of mind, wiltdlnrUSA! And don’t go buying any more family-sized chocolate bars! πŸ™‚

thanks Carla

nope none left 4 u OR me πŸ˜€

thanks StephB

i had 2 of those bars (less expensive frugal girl)

thinking i’ll b

like the slim french woman

un petit gout de chocolate

and elegantly glide through in that french way

un petit this un petit that

a little piece throughout the months on feastday sunday only

well NOT πŸ™‚

You make me chuckle! I’ve never been one of those people who can make a bar of chocolate last all week by having a square a day, ‘petit a petit’. It’s all or nothing (usually all rather than nothing) if there’s a bar of chocolate in the house! Or bags of nuts… Or packets of crisps… If I don’t buy them I can’t eat them! Best of luck with your next fast wiltldnrUSA!

StephB

nuts is fine because i’m a calorie counter

& 1 pistachio no salt is 3 cals πŸ˜€

& 1 nacho cheese dorito is 12 cals (not on fastday)

chocolate the real kind i’ve not had in many many yrs since i was diagnosed w/ type2
    but one article & then many saying that u can have sweets once &
    a while

changed all that

in france

even when i was a size 4 super slim

i was 2 big in france

part of my body

as un monsieur said

it’z doz not fit

dans une verre de champagne

uz r

(gesturing)

des cruches de lait

blushed blushed blushed

well as u know

the plan is 70 cal 2 day fastday

so far it is zero

i have a very bad habit of not drinking @ all

then i realize late @ night & drink 4 glasses

have 2 think about 70 cals

any suggestions?

A dorito is WHAT?! Binged on those nasty things at a 1st birthday party on Saturday… I never eat them normally but couldn’t keep away from them, dipped in the 4 classic dip selection on offer…! Think it was just because it was cr*p ‘food’ I would normally never by for at home!

I am struggling on a plateau at the moment too…does make me feel like throwing in the towel, actually. Are diets meant to make you feel so scared of what will happen if you let go? Cos as much as this as touted as a lifestyle it still fills me with fear… The thought of straying and regaining everything that was lost…
    Am planning on getting preggers next month anyway. That’ll probably put a spanner in the old weight loss works!!

LittleWing

congrats on wanting 2 get pregnant
    i like u

love crunchy food

that is why freeze dried vegetables and fruits r more fun

& my air popped popcorn fastday meals r a must 4 me

somehow this lifestyle has let me have the fortitude
    on nonfastdays

doritos & yes i count the cals

i have had only 1 nacho i figure it is better than nuttin

now chocolate as u saw in this post

can not b in the house πŸ™‚

I’ll second that, no chocolate in the house for me, I lose any semblance of self control, but as far as alcoholic drinks,
    I completely forget they’re around. Interesting what our individual triggers are, I’ve had the chocolate mania since childhood.

I am a bit confused what is the difference between a non fast day and a feast day??

Really sorry if that Is a dumb question

No difference – the “feast” is just relative to the “fast”. Not really helpful to think of it as a feast I’d say as you should eat “normally” on a non-fast day – i.e. stay within your TDEE or else you are undoing all the good work of fasting (or at least slowing down the weight loss) πŸ™‚

memstarina

no question is ever stupid the fact that u ask a question

is intelligent πŸ™‚

actually i have 4 nonfastdays based on my tdee

2 fastdays 500 cals

1 feastday sunday whatever i want πŸ˜€ (but still count cals)

still lost 25 lbs πŸ˜€

i have concluded life was 2 short &
    2 have @ least 1 free of diet day

happy nonfastdays & fastdays β™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺ & feastday!!!β™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺβ™ͺ

Lay’s to roll out chocolate-covered potato chip

http://usat.ly/1bGU6rq

Salt and sweets in one swoop.

Chocolate lovers may rejoice, but why?

➰

Everyone has those bad days! I’ve been on a different type of diet (just calorie counting, no fasting) for over a month and last weekend I binged it out on two bags of crisps, 10 Kinder Chocolate bars and 4 Kinder Bueno bars… and some other stuff, but I actually forgot.

Actually I think a good quote I’ve picked up from the IF Life site is “Take your ‘Next Best Step'”. It basically means that you should always think of what you can do TODAY to better yourself, not just think “I’ll start tomorrow” or “I’ll just fast tomorrow, I don’t feel like it today”. Instead sometimes just sit down or stand still and think to yourself “What’s my next best step?” But that also means letting go of the past. I felt bad about eating all that chocolate but there was nothing I could do about it except take my next best step – starting IF.

So, what’s your next best step’s going to be?

If you wanna read the whole article (it’s worth it):
    http://www.theiflife.com/take-your-next-best-step/

Have just read this stream for the first time and have appreciated it πŸ™‚
    Like LittleWing I have been feeling apprehensive about what happens if I let go – in my early days of 5:2 I often did, but as I have got closer to my goal weight, and since my knee op, and not being able to do much exercise, I have been ‘scared’ about eating anything I feel I shouldn’t. But this stream has help me feel reassured that if I do, I can just take the next best step straight afterwards. πŸ™‚
    And rocky – choc covered crisps? OMG. I am very grateful that the last time I had crisps, which I followed with choc covered ice cream (yes, the salt/sugar thing that used to be a regular binge for me), I felt really sick, which has put me off both. Yeah, hope that lasts πŸ™‚
    As rocky knows, chocolate is my weakness, but I am managing with it in the house. We only buy the individually wrapped minichocs, and almost all the time I can limit myself to one a day on a non-fast day. Which I savour.

Sassy-I crave your self control-last night I ate 5 or 6 of those wrap mini choc things, felt slightly sight and swore never again. then tonight repeated the same act, while singing to myself “the devil inside, the devil inside, every single one of us has a devil inside”.
    Now Hallowe’en over I need to toughen up and get those things out of the house.
    Tomorrow is a fast day for me, much easier in a way, I stick to the 500 cals. As others have said, I find the non-fast days
    more challenging.

Hi mulville πŸ™‚
    I know that sick feeling, it is not that long since I last suffered it…
    I just had a quick flick thru your posts and see that you have been on 5:2 for a few months. Have you reached your goal weight? I note that you weren’t trying to lose too much, maybe that makes it harder???
    Halloween wouldn’t help either, luckily we don’t celebrate this.
    Lack of self-control is the reason I was overweight, I THINK the reason I am able to resist now is that I am so close to my goal, and I do love that I am now slimmer than I was when I got married πŸ˜€
    However, no guarantees that I won’t stray from this sanctimonious path!!!!!
    Have you read the Sabotaged! topic that discusses issues of self-control?
    Anyway, the fast day will clear that excess sugar from your system πŸ™‚
    I do agree that the non-fast days are more challenging, I think I may try 16:8 – have you given that a go?
    Best wishes
    Sassy πŸ™‚

Hi Sassy
    I’m also fairly close to my goal weight, that definitely could be why I’m sabotaging myself. Its a relief to be on a fast day,
    I didn’t sleep well after indulging, but went for my usual morning walk-hike and feel better. I have been combining
    16:8 with 5:2 keeping eating in an 8 hour window most days, this week I’m going for 4:3 and see what happens. The weight loss motivated me at first, but health benefits
    and feelings of well being are keeping me going.
    Thanks for the support.
    Mulville

Hi Mulville, best of luck with 4:3 and hopefully you will be at your goal weight very soon. A couple of days of 6 mini chocs shouldn’t make any difference to getting there! πŸ˜€ As we all know, one of the beauties of this WOE is that it is generally easy to get back on track, which it sounds as if you are doing πŸ™‚

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply.