Went nuts… lapse of judgement

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Went nuts… lapse of judgement

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  b4wego2012 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• So I am usually really good. On my “feast” days (I hate that word because to me it feels like I should be eating a lot) so shall I say on my “food” day I went nuts yesterday. I was so freaking hungry. I literally ate everything in my house. I have NEVER done this before. In general I eat less on my food days then I use to. The fast days help me to stay focused on days when I am not. But I went nuts, like really nuts.

I woke up this morning in a slight panic thinking I would have gained a ton of weight. Sure enough not a single extra ounce than I had before. I am on a fast day today to make up for it, but I find it comforting that I can have a complete lapse of judgement (which I plan to do next thursday for turkey day) and still be okay.

My numbers are great, my weight is down 18lbs so far with 20lbs to go and I feel strong for the first time in a long time.

I used to say “feast” day – it does not convey much in the way of being food aware re – educated, so I just say “feed” day. Haven’t thought of a less provocative term than “fast” day yet – but working on it.
    It is odd how stuffing yourself, sometimes, has no consequences.
    A going nuts week is different, but once in the swing of fasting, repair is amazingly quick.
    It certainly is good for the spirit to go nuts Sometimes.

Hey storitelr

You went mad and good and proper – just don’t plan to do it every week unless it is a special occasion like Thanksgiving etc.
    I never call the non-fast days feast days – I think it does give the wrong impression that you can go mad and it won’t affect the results of your fasting.
    Having said that there will be younger people who can get away with that and it not jeopardize their overall results.
    But your weight loss is great to start with so…..

You must have needed it! Good for you for listening to your body! Armed with the powerful technique of fasting you can tune in to what you need when you need it! It is SO freeing!

Yeah my “lapse” won’t be something that happens often since it’s the first time in 2 months it did, but my lord it felt good and even better when my body didn’t punish me for it!

Hey storitelr! Just be careful, I had that feeling once before (ate unhealthy and didn’t gain weight) so when I felt hungry the next week I just did it again and gained 2lb 😉

Good weight loss so far!

Oh and @snedger I call them low and normal days. Way less provocative if you explain the diet to someone.

Just last week I also went out of control after fasting for 6 weeks. I was really stressed and I ate everything in the house. But after a while I noticed how sluggest, nauseous and how tired I felt. I also had a headache and felt very nervous. I realized these were the feelings I had before this diet when I couldn’t stop eatting sweets, chips and ice cream. Based on the description from the Fast Diet book, I realized that probably my sugar level was going crazy with all this sugar rush. I vowed not to do that again. I like how I feel when I am following the diet. Of course, I did not lose any weight that week but I learned a valuable lesson and went right back fasting the next day.

Don’t feel guilty – take it as a lesson to be learned like I did. Good Luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.