Weight not moved in 4 weeks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Weight not moved in 4 weeks

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Roslarr 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Hi guys. My weight hasn’t changed in the past 4 weeks and I’m finding this very frustrating. I love the 4:3 and look forward to my fast days but neither my weight or body fat % have moved. I’m exercising every day for 10 – 20 mins in the morning alternating between, yoga, HIIT, Abs, Skipping. With 1 or 2 gym sessions per week in the evening. Food I’m 500 on Fast Days and 1600 on non-fast days – am I doing something wrong? – help!! Thanks, Susan xx

You may not have lost weight but you may have toned up …. Muscle weighs more … And u may have still lost inches … Have you measured urself?

I am the same I’ve stayed approx. same weight for 6 weeks. I also exercise regularly and am doing the 5:2 diet.

I find I am really hungry the day after a fast day, more so then when I am on a fast day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sue.

As for muscle weighs more than fat, this is a myth. A kg of muscle weighs the same as a kg of fat…..

@pancake8 I haven’t taken measurements unfortunately, I my start doing that. Thanks xx

Sorry @suearrow71 I have no idea how to hep with your issue as I’m still new to this myself thought I do understand what you mean, thats why when I need to leave at least 2 days between my fast days or I can’t cope lol xx

Ok that may well be the case suearrow71, im no expert …I’m only going on what I’ve been told…. But it’s still advisable to measure urself as u may have lost inches rather than weight…. Also I find that exercising just before a meal helps shift the calories quicker … I guess it’s because ur adrenaline is still pumping and burning it of faster…. Like I said I’m no expert .. I’m just going on my own experience… Anyway stay focused ladies and don’t get disheartened I’m sure your weight will start going down .. I hope so anyway… Believe me I know how hard it is…

Thanks. I guess can’t complain as although weight not coming off. Its not going on either ☺

I do prefer this diet to others I’ve done as feel more in control when on a fast day. If someone brings cakes into work, much easier to say no than just have a small slice.

Lost 1lb this week – never been so excited to have lost just a pound. Will definitely start measuring myself from today. Thanks for all the help and advise xx

Hey Susan, I plateaued at 9st 5lb for around 6 weeks – it was disheartening after weeks of steady weight loss and only 8lb from my goal weight of 8st 11lb!

I kept on going though,even went down to one fast day a week over the Easter break and it seems this was enough to kick start weight loss again as I have since lost another 6lb and at 8st 13lb am a mere 2lb from my goal weight!

I started in mid January at 10st 11lb and have done little exercise other than pushing the baby around in the pram!

Don’t let a plateau defeat you! Keep strong and keep going!

Nikki 🙂

Hi Sue, the same is happening to me, have been on the Fast diet for 4 weeks now, I lose 2-3lb just after my fast days then by the end of the week it’s back on so stay the same weight…

Thanks @littlewing, you’ve had great results so far so I will keep sticking with it. I do actually enjoy my fast days, I love the feeling of being empty lol xx

@lsp100 – how many calories are you eating on your non fast days? xx

I’m not a big over eater, normally skip lunch, will have a couple of Ali we of toast for breakfast then a normal meal for supper, meat and two veg. I do like wine but won’t have wine every night… Mostly weekends…I only need to lose about 7lbs…

@lsp100 without knowing your calorie intake etc could it be you aren’t eating enough? With only 7lbs to lose people find it hard to lose that last few pounds – unfortunately I’m no expert or I’d be where I want to be already lol Good luck, I’m sure you’ll get there in the end x

Yes it’s important not to over eat but it’s equally as important to eat enough…. I saw this weight loss program some time ago where people were competeing against each other to win a large sum of money,which was finally won by the person who lost the most weight … They were put on a diet especially adapted for each individual … But obviously the more weight u lost the better…. so a couple of people thought it would be a good idea not to eat all the food provided…at the mass weigh in they only lost a 1lb or 2 each … The others who followed the plan properly lost 7lbs or more … They claimed they were 2 full to eat everything … But the experts said their bodies needed enough food to give them energy especially when they were trying to burn off the excess lbs when exercising. So basically instead of speeding up weight loss they actually slowed it down

We seem to have hit a brick wall as well, so it’s interesting to read everyone’s experiences, especially LittleWings. We had a good start for the first 4 weeks. I lost about 3kg. Then in the next 5 weeks have lost barely 1 kg. My wife has just gained weight. I have even gained weight on a fast day (I just don’t get that so I suspect the scales of playing games!). We are conscientious on fast days,our eating habits on non-fast days have changed so we are eating less volume and less rubbish, and we are trying to be more active. At the moment it’s disheartening, so any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Kiwi:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. You have lost about 8 pounds in 9 weeks, so you are right on track.

Here is some information that might help, including why you can gain weight after a diet day: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi @simcoeluv, thank you for posting this link xx

Wow @simcoeluv I’ve just went through and read all the links and this is great information and answered loads of questions that I’ve had. Thank you again 🙂 xx

Hi susanbro:

You are welcome.

Good Luck!

Thanks simcoeluv for your response to my previous post. My update is very encouraging: we have got past the weight plateau we had back then and everything is moving again nicely in the right direction. The info link you posted was very useful. We have since paid greater attention to our calorie intake on fast days but also on non fast days as well. We are interpreting “eat what you want on non fast days” as meaning eat the things you want, not eat as much as you want. It seems to be working. I am now half way to my target weight loss, have dropped a shirt size and feel sooo much better!

My wife and I have been on this for 4 weeks. I’m down barely 2lbs and she says she is still at her starting weight. We are frustrated, so say the least.

Hi LHS4

Disheartening, isn’t it?

Been there, got past it.

My suggestion?

Calculate TDEE, make that your maximum calories on non fasting days, ditch white bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, cakes, biscuits, frothy coffees and alcohol. Do a maximum of a quarter of TDEE on fast days, if you manage less than TDEE, thats fine. Choose the lowest TDEE exercise option, unless you live in the Gym.

Weigh regularly, keep a food diary, walk a little more.

Do it for a fortnight. Weigh and measure yourselves first. Weigh everything you eat, don’t cheat. Its only for two weeks. Report back.

This isnt a suggestion for forever, but its the basics. 5:2 has to work to suit you both, but doing the basics might help with the frustration, should help the weightloss. You might be surprised.

Worked for me, be interesting to see if it works for you.

Hi LHS4

From my understanding of how weight loss happens, the initial loss is due to getting rid of excess water from the body. I wonder if you might be replacing solid food with liquids to stave off those hunger pangs? If so, this might be slowing things down for you.
    Cutting out the white bread, potatoes etc might sound drastic but they are calorie-rich and bulky. Leafy food helps with the bulk and enables you to lower your calorie intake. We haven’t cut out the bread etc altogether on non-fast days, just reduced it, but we ditched the between meal snacks (cakes, biscuits, crisps etc) from the start and we are losing weight steadily but surely following our own few weeks of being stuck.
    The key thing for you is to see some progress and Milena’s suggestions look pretty good to get you going. On non-fast days eat the items you want, not the amounts you want. But giving yourself a little treat the day after each fast day without breaking the calorie bank should do no harm – after all, you deserve it.
    Good luck.

Thanks everyone.
    I’m still sticking to it even though not losing any weight. Have actually put weight back on, so am back where I started due to a week of illness when I couldn’t fast.

Find any diet I follow only ever works for few weeks.

Good for gou for sticking to it. Ive never lasted even four weeks on any diets, nearly 5 months on the WOE, snd I didnt start losing til week 4. Sometimes the fat clings on for dear life!!!

Hi SueArrow71 – I did the 2 day cleanse from the In-Sync diet at the week-end and lost 5lbs – basically is like 2 days fasting in a row but only eating non root vegetables – was tough going mind you as stir fry for breakfast is never good lol xx

Ignore what the scales say – how do your clothes feel? I’d rather be a lead pencil than a helium balloon. Measure yourself, all over, every few weeks. Keep a particular paire of jeans which you try on once a week. CHuck the stupid scales in the bin if it’s making you feel depressed – how dare they tell you how to feel?

Muscle does weigh more than fat – if you have the same *volume*, the muscle will weigh more. If you have the same weight, the muscle will take up less space. Same as if you stuffed a bag with a pound of feathers rather than a pound of marbles.

Hi everyone,

I’m 5ft 10, female, 12st 4lbs and want to lose another 1st 4lbs.

I’m on week 15 of this way of eating now and am on my second plateau. My first lasted for 3 weeks and my second has lasted for 5 weeks.

I have lost 10lbs in 14 weeks, but the most frustrating thing is that I’ve been doing 4:3 since week 2 and never go past my TDEE on feast days – however I do eat what I want at weekends (within reason).

I exercise 3 times a week at the gym for 45mins – 1hour and so to not see the scales budge when I’m so strict 5 days out of 7 is so frustrating!

I’ve tried doing 16:8 one week – no difference, 16:8 with 5:2 the next – no difference, low carb the next – no difference. I’m out of ideas. My body is the kind that puts on weight VERY easily, so I think if I went back to standard 5:2 I would definitely gain.

I really like this plan, so I wish I could be singing its praises, but finding that difficult at the moment. Especially hearing about other people who have lost 3 stone in 15 weeks or even just 1lb following 5:2 (which I believe is the average).

WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO LOSE 1lb A WEEK ON 5:2. It doesn’t seem fair ey?

Any advice I would definitely welcome… Thanks!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply.