Weight loss buddies… Any takers?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Weight loss buddies… Any takers?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  AKBH72 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

• Hello all,

I am starting the fast diet tomorrow… My first fast day and quite excited about it! I have done a lot of reading if all the success stories on here and they have really inspired me! I am determined to do this… Just need lots of support from others and hear all your stories and goals!

Let’s start with my stats:

Height: 5 ft 8in
    Current weight: 14 stone
    Goal weight: 10 stone 7lb

I really want to be at my goal weight by the end of September 2016. Do you think this is unrealistic? At the moment it feels like I have my head in the clouds and in a fantasy world with that goal lol! That’s 3 and a half stone in 10 months…

I would like anyone who is just starting out to please join me with this journey and support each other by doing weekly weigh ins and how their week is going with the fasts, food etc.

Also, would like to hear from people who have had lots of success with their journey.

Look forward to your replies 🙂

Hi LottieSavory –

I’d like to join you in this journey. I’m starting week 6 of fasting tomorrow. I’m in the U.S.

This is my second round of 5:2. I was on this journey about two years ago and wish I never stopped.

Not only did I lose weight, but I found a dramatic relief from painful periods. In fact, that is the reason I started this up again 5 weeks ago.

Make sure you drink way more water than you think you need to tomorrow. This time around I had to deal with some headaches the first week and after doing some reading, I figured out I wasn’t drinking enough. I now consume at least a gallon of water a day on fasting days.

I enjoy logging an entry in my tracker on fasting days. I especially like to go back and see what I was thinking on those days.

I’m currently at 195 lbs (about 14 stone), but I’m much shorter than you (5ft 3in).

Goals are great to have so I say go for it! I don’t have a date in mind, but I would like to get down to 170 (about 12 stones) by April/May. I plan on setting a new goal after reaching my 170 pound goal.

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi AKBH72,

Thank you for your message!

Well it’s my first day of fast today and I will be taking your advice and drink lots of water… Only thing is, I can drink pure water at work as its filtered but at home I can’t drink tap water without a bit of sugar free squash in it. I hate tap water on its own (quite fussy as you can tell lol) do you think that will make a difference? I suppose I will have to just count those calories in which is 3 calories per drink which is not too bad.

I’m gonna have a cuppa soup for lunch later on at about 2 and then have a weight watchers chicken curry with some asparagus and broccoli. And two cups of coffee with no sugar and a bit of milk throughout the day. That will be just under 500 calories.

I usually have a massive appetite so this will be challenge for me. I work in an office and am so used to having a couple of chocolate bars to get through my day without fail.

Just need to keep thinking that I can eat normally tomorrow which will be the motivation. I am gonna try cut out having chocolate everyday anyway on my non fast days and have less cheese as that is one of my downfalls too.

How much have you lost the past 6 weeks if you don’t mind me asking? What do you eat on your fast days?

Will give you an update in the evening to let you know how I got on. Is it your fast day today? I will be fasting on Mondays and Thursday’s. And weigh in will be on Fridays.

Hi LottieSavory!

I’d love to join you. I’m trying to lose my baby weight and have been half heartedly doing 5:2 the past 3 weeks but I’m determined to start properly today! I was on this way of life after my first baby and I loved it. It’s just hard getting back on it.

I’m 5ft 7in.
    12 stones 11.
    Goal : 10st 7lb.

On a fast day I just have water/tea/coffee throughout the day and then a dinner for 500cal or under. If I’m struggling I have a chicken stock cube or veg bouillon and hot water at lunch. I actually find the hunger pains not too bad and they pass quickly anyway. My biggest issue is more the thought of depriving myself of food rather than the reality!

Good luck xx

Hi LottieSavory –

Let the fasting begin!

I will be fasting on Monday and Wednesday this week, but like you, I prefer the Monday and Thursday routine. I like a Monday weigh in. A Monday weight in helps keep me a little more honest over the weekend and not go too crazy on Sunday before a fasting day.

I weighed in at 192lbs this morning. It’s a loss of 3lbs since last Monday. I’ve lost 10lbs since October 25th. I had one week I was only able to fast for one day instead of two. I’m super pleased with this weight loss and I have noticed a lot more energy since starting the fast.

I have found the “self talk” makes all the difference in the world on a fast day so I like your plan of reminding yourself you can eat what you normally do tomorrow. I’m a fan of “I can do this for 12 more hours or this is way better than counting calories everyday or don’t forget how much better I feel.”

I’ve had to remind myself on non fast days not to go overboard. I still have a drink, eat what I normally eat, including chocolate, but I did find myself wanting to eat extra.

Any chance you like herbal teas to help with the water intake? I’m not sure if you have to count the sugar free calories. I know you don’t have to count a cup of black coffee which has 5 calories in it so would you have to count the sugar free stuff? You might want to post and/or read in other forums to see what’s said about the sugar free calories.

In terms of food…I like to have a greek yogurt with berries in the morning. I also have to have my coffee with loads of cream in it. I save 40 calories for my cream. I probably have 80 calories or more on a non fasting day. 12 hours later I will usually have a meal of something I normally have – a veggie soup, chili or tonight an ultimate homemade veggie burger. I just will eat a little less of the meal. I like to cook and have found for me I do better if I get to eat the foods I normally eat instead of creating a “fast meal” that I might not like as much. The evening plan is new to this round of fasting for me and It’s made me much happier and less likely to feel like I am going without something I love.

I hope the fast is going well for you today. My day is just starting.

One more motivation secret that I’m not sure others would support…I love weighing myself the morning after the fast ends before I eat or drink anything else. The scale is always much lower than the weight loss for the overall week, but seeing that lower number even if I know it won’t be the final number seems to keep me going and remind myself the fast was worth it the day before.

If you’re feeling fuzzy or hungry, have a glass of water, some tea or talk a walk around the office. You can totally do this!

Linzylu –

This statement is totally true! I laughed out loud when I read it.

“My biggest issue is more the thought of depriving myself of food rather than the reality!”

Haha! Yes AKBH72 I need to remind myself of this when I wake up on a fast day so I don’t dread it so much!

Hi to you all
    I have been doing the 5 : 2 for 3 weeks now and have lost 5 pounds, which I am happy about. I have a fair amount of weight to loose, probably about 4 stone but I am trying to think of it in small chunks. The main thing I really like about the fasting is that on the other 5 days of the week I don’t have to count calories, points or weigh anything. This has been great for me psychologically as I used to be thinking about food all the time in a very unhealthy, addictive way. This has stopped and is such a relief. My energy levels are much better. I need some new recipes to try for fast days so if anyone has any favourites they would like to share I would love to hear about them.

How’s it going everyone? I had my dinner for 410 cals. Chicken breast, stir fry veg, an egg, soy sauce and zero noodles. It was huge! Stir fry is a fasting staple for me.

X

Thank you everyone for your inspiring comments! Well done on the weight loss too!

Well it’s coming to the end of my fast day today… Will be going to sleep in a bit. And I can say it was very successful. Don’t get me wrong I felt insanely hungry but like I said I just keep thinking about my 3 square meals tomorrow.

I don’t think I have drunk so much water in one day. I had like over 2 litres of water today and haven’t stopped going to the toilet for a wee… TMI I know, sorry! I have had like a dull ache at the back of my head this evening which hopefully will ease after more fasts and my body will get used to this routine.

I am gonna take you secret advice and have a little cheeky weigh in tomorrow morning to see if this fast has made a difference already… I know it’s naughty but just curious! I won’t make a habit of it in the future and stick to weekly weigh ins with the odd cheeky morning after fast weigh in every now and then.

How did everyone else’s day go?

Just wanted to pop in and say good job on your fast day. Monday is/was a fast day for me as well, it’s always encouraging when you’re sharing the experience with someone.

As for weighing after a fast day, I thought this was a common thing. Never had the inclination it was “naughty”, so no worries 🙂 My official weigh in every week is after a fast day, no harm in that. It’s inspiring, at least for me.

Yay!!! Monday fast day almost over and it sounds like everyone else had a decent enough fast day.

My headaches did go away, but it took a few weeks of fasting for things to get easier and the headaches to go away. Did others have a similar experience?

I like Paulapp’s idea for sharing some recipes…in the next few days I’ll share a favorite that’s easy to make and so tasty. I’m jealous of Linzylu’s stir fry. I never make a decent one so it’s out of the food rotation.

Congrats to all who had a successful fasting day today and way to go LottieSavory for making it through your first day!

Morning everyone!

I can eat normally today woohoo!it did take me ages to get to sleep last night cos I was feeling so hungry!! Hoping all these side effects subside in the future… They seem to for everyone else.

Had my ‘naughty’ weigh in this morning and it seems like I have lost 2 3/4 pounds from that fast.!!! It just goes to show how much your body needs to fast every now and then as that is probably all my water retention. I won’t get my heart set on that number I have seen though as I will be eating normal meals for the next two days and then fast on Thursday and weigh in on Friday.

Loving everyone’s ideas and support on here so far! I am writing my entries on my phone at the moment so I am kinda doing this half heartedly and not being that talkative. I will get hold of my husbands laptop tonight and have a proper conversation with you all.

I plan to have my first session at the gym tonight after work… Wish me luck as I haven’t worked out for like a year!!

Ps. Let me know how all your ‘naughty weigh ins went hehe! ?

Hi and I am glad it’s Tuesday, one fast day done already this week, hurray! I wanted to ask Linzylu what are zero noodles?? They sound great, are they really zero and where do I get them?

I had a delicious meal last night, roasted peppers, onions, baby tomatoes and some tinned chopped tomatoes in the oven for about 30 mins, with a teaspoon of olive oil. Once they were roasted I cracked an egg into the middle and popped it back in the oven til egg was cooked. Served with extra veg on the side and all for 280 calories. I found this one on bbc good food website where they have a page of 5 : 2 recipes. Here is the link http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/52.

Let me know any good recipes you have. Fasting again on Thursday.

HI Guys!

I had a cheeky weigh in this morning aswell – 3 lb down in 1 day. Haha. It’d be amazing if I maintained that on Friday.

Paulapp – zero noodles can be bought online or at Holland and Barrett. They’re a bit expensive but fab for fasting as 1 portion is only 4 cals!! A packet has 2 portions but I think that’s a bit small so just use the whole packet. I think you can get a pasta version but never tried it. The noodles are tasteless but good in stirfrys or soup.

Does anyone know if drinking loads of water on a fast day affects weight loss or is it purely for hydration?

I’ll be fasting on Thursday then weigh in on Friday. Will check out that recipe link Paulapp.

Xx

Hi Linzylu and welcome:

You drink extra water on diet days to compensate for the water you are not getting from food you usually would eat. It is solely for hydration – drinking water does not cause weight loss. Additionally, drinking water to excess does nothing beneficial, either. It just taxes your kidneys.

Your 3 pounds in one day is mostly water weight. Don’t expect that to continue, and don’t be disappointed if you gain some of it back (or don’t lose any more weight for awhile)! Here are some tips that might help and explain: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi paulapp and welcome:

For recipes, you might look at the top of the page ‘Forum’, go to ‘Official Fast Forums’ and then go down to the Food Section. There are hundreds of recipes there, and that is where most people post their recipes. If you are looking for a specific thing, you can use the search box at the top of the page for any topic you might be interested in.

Here are some 5:2 tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Fasting tomorrow because I have dinner plans on Thursday. I’m gearing up for the fast tomorrow. Feeling good about it. I had a stressful day and consumed way more chocolate than normal – it was free and easy access – a double whammy. It almost (emphasis on almost) brings me comfort that I am fasting tomorrow because of the amount of chocolate I consumed.

My cheeky weigh-in didn’t show any loss…I love it when it does, but don’t get overly worried when it doesn’t show loss.

I have my breakfast and dinner planned. I’m curious…I’ve never tried all of the calories in one sitting. If I did, I would have to do it at breakfast. For any of those of you have tried that method, what did you think about eating all of your calories at breakfast? Maybe I should give it a try…

Good luck to those fasting on Thursday!

Hi all,

So I’m on the fast train today. Fasted mon, was good on Tues, did 16:8 yesterday and fasting today. Fingers crossed for a good weigh in tomorrow morning. I was really hungry earlier, but I’ve had a coffee and I’m feeling fine now. I have a busy day with my baby and toddler so it should pass easily.

How’s everyone doing?

X

Hi everyone

I am fasting today and feeling hungry but so looking forward to my dinner tonight. I have made a real conscious effort to drink more water today and so far no headaches. Feeling good and looking forward to three days of no fasting!!

Keep at it if you are on a fasting day today

Good luck to you all!

Weigh in day tomorrow!! My second fast has been a lot easier than the first one… No headaches and didn’t feel as ravenous.

I Joel everyone else has had a good day? I have now read the book which has really shine a light from a scientific point of view.

Let me know how your weigh ins go tomorrow and I will do the same!

?

I found the fasting yesterday quite difficult but kept in my mind all the time that tomorrow I could eat my usual meals. Weighed in this morning at 8 pounds loss over the last 4 weeks so it is all worth it. Skirt feeling a bit looser this morning so that’s a good sign. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Keep fasting !!

Hi everyone!

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 4lb which is fab. I know it won’t be like that every week (I wish!) but it’s a good start. I had such a blow out last weekend I needed it to get me back on track. Now I just need to make sure I don’t go crazy this weekend aswell…

Good Morning All –

Work has not been my friend lately and I haven’t had a chance to check in with the forum. 🙁

I have continued with my fasting. I was up 1lb last week and then down 5lbs this week. I tried all of my calories at breakfast last Friday. I’m not sure what I think yet. I’m trying it again today.

Anyone else with updates?

Hi!
    I was down 1lb on Friday which I’m very pleased with. Today is my first fast of the week. Always seem to find Mondays easy after a naughty weekend. Will probably do Thursday as my second. AKBH72, I always keep all my calories for dinner. I find if I eat brekkie I’m hungry the rest of the day!

Good luck for more losses this week!

X

Hi all good to hear from you – I had a hectic week last week with a birthday and various other social gatherings. I am back on a fast day tomorrow and actually find I am quite looking forward to it. Still down 10 pounds from when I started on the 9th November so feeling very happy with that. How are you feeling about Christmas looming?

Have a good week and keep up that fasting xx

Great to hear from you all again with your updates! Looks like you’re doing so well!

This is my 5th fast day since I first started and it has been more difficult than all the other ones… I had a really heavy night on Saturday and Sunday I was a complete write off!!! I still felt a bit hungover when I woke up this morning. It’s incredibly difficult to fast when you’re hungover isn’t it? I have managed to keep to it 100% today but have had horrible mood swings lol!

I have lost 4 1/4 pounds altogether in two weeks!!!(weigh in last Friday) which I am soooooo happy about!!!

I have recently got a Fitbit charge HR which I started using a few days ago (early Xmas present from the hubby as Amazon decided to deliver it not in the box and I signed for delivery oops!) I have found this to be a nice touch to this lifestyle now as it accurately measures my calorie expenditure based on my stats and heart rate and activities. I strongly recommend one!

I am wondering if anyone has had a particular side effect of doing this lifestyle… I have noticed today that my heart rate is lower than normal. We’re talking like normally my resting heart rate is like in the 80s (I know really unhealthy) but today it’s in the 60s!! Coincidence???

Keep going with the updates lovelies! ?

Morning All –

I successfully fasted on Monday, but did split my meals. I was too full after eating half of my breakfast that I decided it just wasn’t worth stuffing myself. I mention feeling full because this is a new experience for me. In truth, this is a new experience for me in LIFE. I’m one of those people who just keeps eating because I don’t feel full until it’s way too late, but since I’ve started this up again, I’ve noticed I am feeling full way before I used to.

Anyone else noticing this?

LizzyLu, I could never wait until evening to eat. My body doesn’t work that way. I’m slightly jealous you can. 🙂

I might not fast a second day this week due to my period…which is a reason I started back on this journey – trying to improve my periods. Drumroll please…and I’m on my second period since starting this fasting and I am happy to report there is a 75% improvement. That’s HUGE. In October, I was out of commission for a full week and that period was the cause of my return to fasting. It’s the only thing I have ever done that has made a difference in my periods. I am 43, I have been on everything under the sun in an attempt to make them less painful and nothing has worked except fasting. It also doesn’t hurt that I need to loose some weight!!! :-). If things go well enough (I don’t have to take pain medication), I hope to fast on Friday.

So…about the holidays…I plan on fasting next week on Monday/Wednesday and just hope to maintain my weight for the following weigh in. It feels reasonable. I hope it is. Still haven’t figured out the following week because I’ll be traveling that week, but it feels really important to maintain the 2 days a week throughout the holidays. It seems much more reasonable than saying I won’t eat holiday treats :-).

Hi all,

How was everyone’s Christmas and New Year? Mine was great but feel awful with the amount of rubbish I’ve eaten and drunk. I’ve booked an appointment to get a gym programme worked out on Wednesday and I’ll do my first fast in ages tomorrow. I’ve definitely put on a few lbs! Will weigh in the morning.

X

Hi Linzylu –

I didn’t gain any weight over the holidays, but I also didn’t lose any weight. Considering all the cookies I ate, I consider it a huge win :-). I did continue fasting over the holidays, but obviously made up for it in cookies if all I did was maintain!

Last week I continued with fasting but went back to normal eating on non-fasting days and saw a 5lbs weight loss this morning. I’m a little worried I just lost all of my weight for the month. Hahahahaha.

How did you fasting go last week? And your workout?

I’m fasting today.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply.