weight increase why??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ayurvedictr 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have been doing the diet like this. 3 day fast of 500 cals Monday. Wednesday. And Fridays. And been sensible on feast days. I’ve lost 20lb since January. What I want to know is why do I see an increase on the scales from time to time. Its really disheartening. Especially when I am trying so hard. I’m 1 1/2 stone away of my target weight.

Hello Karen,

It is normal for weight to fluctuate day to day. It can depend upon hormones, salt intake, last bowel movement or lack there of, hydration. You name it and it can cause weight to fluctuate, for some people up to 5 pounds more or less. As you know, trend over time is what matters.

Cheers.

Karen- do not worry! Fluctuations are absolutely normal. I have reached goal weight some time ago and have longstopped worrying about fluctuations, but I am concentrating now on long term trends.

If you REALLY gained weight and it is not due to one of the reasons Virginia gave then it might have to do with underestimating your caloric intake.

I use a food scale for everything I eat and log it all on the free Myfitnesspal app.

Hope you can see a downward trend soon.
    Best wishes
    Stef.

Most people put on weight because they eat and drink more calories than they burn through everyday movement and body functions. But in some cases, your weight gain may be due to an underlying health condition. Here are nine medical issues that can cause weight gain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.