Weight gain, perimenopause taking HRT

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Weight gain, perimenopause taking HRT

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  grasshoppa 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,
    I’m only 2 days in,its my 1st fast day and I’m sitting worrying. I’ve been going to a local slimming group and doing ok now and then, but very up and down with my weight. Started back on HRT last month, put on 7lbs in a week, while doing couch 2 5k. Just really worried that the same will happen on 5-2 . Anyone know if I’m doing the right thing by starting 5-2?

Hi DawnyR. I hope you’re still on the 5:2 and doing well. I am fully menopausal and on HRT. My doctor prescribed the 5:2 diet to aid with my weight loss resistance, high LDL and high blood insulin levels.I’ve been on many different styles of eating and I’m unsure if this will work but there doesn’t appear to be anything that seems bad or unsafe. Millions of people practice some form of fasting and there is no food that is truly off limits so it seems to be a reasonable approach that my doctor has recommended before giving me a statin to control my cholesterol. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.