Weight gain and a frustrated yo-yo dieter

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Weight gain and a frustrated yo-yo dieter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sakina5 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all!

I am a yo-yo dieter. I’ve been dieting and alternatively binging for the past 10 years at this point. Started the 5:2 diet to try and pull me out of my harmful relationship with food!

I actively exercise 6 days a week (one of those days is with a trainer) and I also have a very active job that has me walking sometimes 6 hours a day.

In the first two weeks, I did overeat a bit on my non-fast days. I noticed a weight gain of at least 1 pound and resolved to be more mindful on my non-fast days.

Two weeks later, after being more conscious of my food intake on non-fast days, I’ve gained another pound.

In the past month, every single fast day has been on point. I’m eating non-processed foods and also experiencing a lot of urination on those days (anyone else get this? I read somewhere that this was a good sign–that fat was breaking down and exiting my body through urine). My exercise has also been better than usual.

I feel very frustrated. Any advice?

hhhhhmmmmmmm maybe:

1. Reduce your exercise abit. Sometimes exercise like a maniac (like I used to) doesnt necessarily help weight loss either as you build muscle which in turn weighs more, blah blah and also over exercising can make you reach a plateau especially if you walk so much as well as exercising.

2. try bumping it up a notch and do 4:3 instead of 5:2?

3. Try and plan everything in advance if you can both for fast and non-fast days! Then see it as a legal contract between yourself and …… yourself and see it as a contract you cannot breach lol. Stick to what you have scheduled to eat.

4. I urinate alot too on non fast days as im just constantly drinking throughout the day so yes this is a good sign as your body needs to stay hydrated. Maybe change what you drink to herbal teas (if you dont already).

5. Do you snack alot on non-fast days? if you do cut out the snacks and try to stick to 3 square meals and be mindful of the calories of your meals. If you do snack make wise and boring choices such as nuts, fruit, veg etc

6. DONT GIVE UP!!! Obviously everybodys body functions differently so what may have worked for me wont necessarily work for you. For example, I used to be like you exercise 5-7 days a week (sometimes 2 hour sessions) and I just found I was getting bigger and bulkier – someone then challenged me to not exercise for a whole week and give my body a break! that same week I lost 4 pounds. I now only exercise maximum 3 days a week. Like I said this may not work for you but its worth considering as you need a healthy balance.

Either way dont be disheartened and stick at it. Im sure you’ll get there. Let us know how you get on! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.