Weight down but measurements are larger?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Weight down but measurements are larger?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RitaK7 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Salutations fellow fasters,
    I am a newbie, week 3 for me. I am doing this for health benefits aside from weight loss, though I could stand to lose a monolith and not just a few stones. But this morning I was rather discouraged when I checked my measurements, my waist was UP, so sadly I trudged over to the scale. My weight was DOWN. I moved the scale about, thinking maybe it was the position which caused the misread, but nope it was still lower than last week. Hunh? Wha?
    So far haven’t had the mental acuity folks talk about, I couldn’t even divide my new TDEE by 4 without a pen and paper…I seriously even considered a calculator. So maybe mental fog is impairing my ability to use a tape measure.
    I feel like I should mention that I am menstruating this week. Not sure if that makes a difference. I would think any extra water weight one carries would show up on the scale not the waist.
    Anywhoo I am blathering now so shall stop.
    Any advice will be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Rita

Cheers Rita,
    I am a bit unusual here: no scales, and my philosophy is that I took a few years to put on the weight, so I won’t demand it disappears immediately.
    I found that after three weeks I started noticing my clothes were fitting a bit more comfortably. Another three weeks and I noticed some were getting loose.
    Another couple of weeks and some clothes went in the “Won’t be wearing them any more” basket. Now I am three months in and I’ve taken several bags of things to the Op Shop and started buying some gorgeous clothes I am pretty sure I will fit into soon.

So my message is: just keep going!

And on top of that, Yes! Blame menstruation! Weigh yourself in another week and see what the measurements say then!

Best wishes and all good things

Cinque thanks so much for your response. I am so sorry for my late reply. I took a lot of solace from your post when I read it on my phone but for some reason I couldn’t log in from my phone and had to wait til I was at college to be able to respond.
    Warmest regards and thanks for the support.

Hi Rita, I am glad I was a bit of help.
    Best wishes and all good things.

Thanks dear. Same to yourself 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.