Week two question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Toobaloo42 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi,
    I am only on week two, but have found it MUCH easier to make my 24 hr fast from 2pm to 2pm. This way, I can still work out when I get home from work at 5 without feeling too weak, and I still get breakfast in the morning before breaking the fast at 2pm. I wonder if there is any disadvantage to this? Also, when I fast during this time, I am only taking in about 200 cal during that 24 hour period (just drinking a slim fast in the morning). Wondering if anyone else has tried shifting the hours?
    Thanks

I found this somewhat addressed in the FAQ section. I guess technically, the fast is 36 hours – going a full day through the next morning. So perhaps I will not reap the same benefits. It becomes difficult for people who work rotating shifts 🙂

Hello, Meler – You might also like to read Michael M’s comments on this subject at :

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/different-ways-of-managing-your-fast-day/

There, amongst other things, he says: ‘On the 2pm-2pm method, because your fasting window is diminished, your overall weekly calorie count will probably be higher than with the 7am-7am method. You will probably lose weight more slowly.
    Some people find it hard to sleep when they are hungry and for them a 7pm to 7pm method might be easier. That way you never go to bed hungry. Again weight loss will be slower.’

Keep experimenting to find out what works best within your shift system – the 5:2 system is very flexible and you can change your pattern whenever you need to, to suit your situation. Best wishes to you.

i work shifts and have done my fasts at work, luckily they have all been crazy busy, and keeping hydrated has been the main challenge. Then when i get home I’m so tired a banana and bed! 4 kg off so far. I find it easier to skip breakfast and have an apple and cup of tea 16 hrs in and a small meal when time allows. Shift work makes you have to be more creative 🙂

Interested in your 2 pm til 2 pm shifts make me do similar . How’s it going ..? Is it working .?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.