Week two

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m on my second week of 5:2.
    What is the best way to do it? Eat a few smaller calorie foods throughout the day, one meal or two meals?
    I have been not eating throughout the day and having one meal at dinner time in between 6-7 that is under 400 calories. Is this fine to do? What has everyone gotten the best results from?
    Thanks Emily

Hi Em, how is it going?
    It seems everyone has a way of eating on Fast Days that suits them.
    I have two small meals. First a bowl of oat porridge when I get hungry in the morning, and then a bowl of soup with a small accompaniment (usually toast) in the evening. I am so hungry in the afternoon I often have that evening meal at 5pm, but luckily then I last the evening! (I don’t let myself have it any earlier).
    It is my magic formula and it works so well I every time I think of changing it I get a bit stressed and keep to it!

Hi Cinque,

I am on my first fast day of my third week and I just don’t feel like it is working! I don’t have scales to weigh myself but it doesn’t feel like my clothes are getting less tight. I am disappointed as I am going away in exactly three months tomorrow and I want to be able to wear a bikini. On the days that aren’t fasting days I eat healthy. Have you seen any changes and if so how long did it take?
    Thank you Em

How frustrating EmJade.
    It is clear that different people respond in different ways.

I think I must be up the opposite end of the spectrum from you (ie by the end of the first Fast Day I felt really good, and pretty well immediately found that I was eating better (smaller helpings, less snacks)on Non Fast Days and then every two or three weeks I get definite evidence through my clothes, or just looking at my body, that I have lost weight.

But I know there are a lot of people who have much more of a struggle.

I do think it is worth trying for another month or so before you give up. Might it be useful to read through the FAQs and the ‘How it Works’ again in case there is info that can help you? Have you done all the measurements and TDEE?

As they say in that info, if you are not finding any changes with 5:2 it might be with trying 4:3… But maybe wait until you have done 8 weeks?

Hoping someone more knowledgeable might come along and give advice!

Best wishes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.