week 3

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sassy 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello – despite the fact that I have been very naughty indeed on some (but not all) of my no fasting days, I have lost weight!! How can this be?

Hi penster
    Would need some more info from you to work out possible reasons for why this is so 🙂
    How naughty was naughty – ie how much did you exceed your TDEE. And on the days when you weren’t naughty, how much of your TDEE did you consume. Ditto for fast days.
    How much weight did you actually lose. How much weight do you ‘need’ to lose. How active were you.
    It may (should) be as simple as the total number of calories you consumed for the week was less than you actually needed.
    But the body can be a strange beast, and if you did in fact have more calories in total during the week than 7xTDEE then maybe the body didn’t process some of the food – perhaps it passed straight thru….
    Maybe the fasting is enough to give your body the jolt it needed to start using fat.
    Maybe you just lost water – are you able to measure %body fat and %water with your scales.
    Others may have other ideas.
    Cheers
    Sassy 🙂

Hi Sassy – I think you’re right – even though I had about 2500 calories one day last week, I’m generally around 1700 on non-fast days so taken over the week, I am still in deficit – doesn’t feel like it though when you are being naughty! Love it!

Hi again, one of the many benefits of 5:2! Trust it continues well for you 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.