Week 3 – much better

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• I am starting my third fast week / 5th fast today.

Last week I didn’t eat all day and had my calories all at dinner. For me last week was extremely difficult because I felt my stomach growled all day until I ate.

Went back to eating a little for breakfast and it has made a world of difference already. So that is what I will do from now on is break up my calories to breakfast and dinner.

Another note, the first week I was extremely tired all week. The second week I didn’t sleep well. This week, my third week, I actually feel alert and not foggy-headed. I think maybe your body starts to adjust as the weeks progress.

I haven’t lost any more weight but my clothes definitely feel loose. I know the book said you shouldn’t fast during the holidays but I plan to fast through the Christmas / New Year’s holiday. I will enjoy food on my non-fast days during the holiday meals but will try to fast my way around that week. I figure if I don’t get to fast both days, so be it. I just don’t want to get off the beatin’ track.

Hey Val! Good on you, figuring out what works for you is the biggest struggle with this diet. So it sounds like you’re on the good track!

And if fasting through the holidays works for you, then just do it! I’m doing it as well, but that’s just because I don’t celebrate the holidays this year so there’s no reason for me not to fast.

Good news, Valzgor! Some people do not go by the scales but measure their weight loss by their clothes size. What ever works is great.

I will keep up my fast days during the holidays. For me personally there is no reason not to as I can always find two days to squeeze in. It is particularly important for me as I do not want to feel bad on the days where I know I will eat a bit more than usual.

Again everybody has their own way on how to deal with the holiday season. The beauty of this new way off living is that you can tweak it to your own needs.

Best of luck,
    Stef.

Hey, Stef, trust me, I would certainly prefer the weight loss on the scale as well but will take the loose clothing for now. What you said about fasting two days during the holidays so as not to feel bad on the days where you know you will eat a bit more than usual, I agree with that. Is this your second time around to be fasting over the holidays or is this your first holiday you are fasting through? Just curious.

Hey, Nika, not celebrating the holidays this year and fasting, sounds like you’re the one on the good track! Good for you. How long have you been fasting for?

I’m the same, I need a little something in the morning after I work out on fast days, so I just have a greek yogurt, about 140 calories and I’m good until evening and I have my remaining 400 – 450 calories… done this about 30 times and I find it incredibly easy…… now the other 5 days is where I need to smarten up a bit! Some days I’m over for sure… but down about 12 pounds and 10 more to go and I’ll be thrilled! re: Christmas, I’m going to fast 23rd and 26th and try not too go totally overboard on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day …but I do plan to enjoy! As Stef said, 5:2 is so flexible and easy to follow, it works great for me…. and if I don’t lose some weeks, at least I’m not throwing in the towel and heading back the other direction! (Done that way too many times in the past!)

Hi, don’t diet live it, so you’ve fasted 30 times so far and have lost 12 pounds so far? Wow! That’s encouraging! Have you been staying in your TDE range on non fast days? I am actually trying to count calories on my non-fast days just to keep myself from going overboard. I, plan on fasting the 23rd and the 26th as well. However, I plan on enjoying myself that week. I’m hoping my stomach will stop on its own 🙂 after its had enough 🙂

Hey Val, I’ve been doing IF since October 28th. So about 6 – 7 weeks I’d say 🙂 Celebrating the holidays isn’t a choice though, I’m far away from my family in a country where they don’t celebrate Christmas (or well, not really at least). It’s China, by the way.

I lost about 10,5kg (little over 23lb) since I started IF. Before that I lost 3kg (6,6lb) using regular calorie counting, so that makes the total 13,5kg (29,7). Can’t say with certainty when I started out in general, so I just say it’s September 1st to have a start date 😛

Wow, Nika, you go, girl!!!!!!! almost 30 pounds in short of three months!!!! Wow!!!! Now that is inspiring!!!! You fast ever other day, right?

Hi

I have to add that it does get easier as you go along, it really does.

I, too, suffered from hunger pangs, tiredness (desperate for my bed at 8pm) and fog brain the first few fasts, but that is all behind me now.

Like you, I will continue to fast over the Xmas break as I don’t want to lose the groove I am in. Lost 13 pounds so far and seveal inches.

Happy Holidays!

Valzgor, I have been on IF since the beginning of November, so this is my first festive period.

I am confident though that I will manage. I did Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week (so fast day today) and I plan to enjoy the weekend. Next fast day is Monday. I prefer to add another fast day instead of having to count calories on non fast days. Fasting is not the problem, staying within my TDE can be tricky…

Anyhow best of luck and Merry Christmas!
    Stef.

Thanks, Stef, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!!

beadybliss, Wow, 13 pounds and several inches…encouraging!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!

“Wow, Nika, you go, girl!!!!!!! almost 30 pounds in short of three months!!!! Wow!!!! Now that is inspiring!!!! You fast ever other day, right?”

I think you’re missing a month there 😛
    I don’t do ADF actually (well this week I’m going to try it to see if it’s good for me). I do daily 22 hour fasts, so I eat one meal a day every day (in the evenings). I also incorporate exercise at the end of those 22 hour fasts, to speed things up a little more. And I’m carb cutting most days. Besides that I’ve been on regular 5:2 actually 😛 Now I must say that eating my TDEE (which is around 2000) in one meal on normal days is almost impossible, so I’m probably eating less on normal days as well.
    But thanks for all the exclamation marks, days like this (when I’ve had a bad week with lots of bad foods and some weight gain) it’s easy to just get mad at myself and forget the fact I’ve already come a long way and I’ll keep going, despite some bad week.

Merry Christmas 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.