Week 2 – Going Well :-)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katycloud 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Husband and I have been struggling with our weight for the last 10 years on and off. OH is late 40’s and i’m the BIG 40 in June. Over the last 6 months i’ve been getting quite concerned about his health (and my own to an extent). He’s borderline Type 2 Diabetic and raised cholesterol. He’s 5ft 9 and 16 stone (always been extremely well built/muscular/stocky but carrying too much weight. I’m 5ft 6 and was 14 stone 7.

We started 5:2 last Monday, fasting on Mondays and Thursdays. So far he lost 12lbs!! I’ve lost 6 1/2lbs. I’m sure the majority of it was shifting New Year Beer Bloat/Water, but even so! We’ve been ‘careful’ on our feast days but still enjoyed Homemade Burgers, Fish PIe, Chicken Casserole etc during the week but cut out all alcohol on weekdays and enjoying just a couple on the weekends.

I very much expect that size of weight loss to slow down in the next couple of weeks, but i’ll happily take it as a kick start.

Husband had to have blood tests two weeks ago which showed raised blood sugars and slightly high cholesterol. He had the tests redone two days ago and the results should be in this afternoon. Will be interesting to see if there’s any change there.

Happy days!

well done! I am losing slowly but at least something…I am doing alternate day fasting Varaday style, so wish I was losing faster, but will keep going.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.