Weakness, fatigue, heart palpitations and TTC

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Weakness, fatigue, heart palpitations and TTC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FiveTwoFan5252 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Goodmorning everyone and wishing you a wonderful week. I have been on 5:2 for the past 3 weeks. I have already lost 2 kgs, my skin looks great and all my clothes are fitting perfectly. I have felt so free all of the other days and almost never overate because I never felt like it, instead, now that I have the choice, I find myself choosing the healthy alternatives for foods and avoiding sweets.
    But, I have some questions, I would really appreciate your help on this:
    1) After the second fast of the week I have felt very tired and weak. I litterally feel without energy at all. Do you think this is an adaptment phase that will eventually get better?
    2) I have also experienced heart palpitations, mostly the days after fasting and also increased anxiety. Do you think this too should get better in time?
    3) Also, my and DH and I have been trying to conceive. Do you believe fasting is OK? Has anyone else tried this while trying to conceive? Thank you all so much in advance. πŸ™‚

Hi Mimitseli

Congrats on losing 2 kgs! That’s great news!

I’m not a doctor/MD so I can’t comment on the conception question, nor on the anxiety question, but I just thought I should reassure you that I sometimes get palpitations after a FD.

There are some threads here on the forum about that, but in essence it seems it can be your body reacting to a lack of readily-available sugar (glycogen stores are exhausted) and your body hasn’t re-learned how to fully burn fat as a source of energy yet.

Some of the keto sites give a ton of detail on the above – check them out.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.