Veggie Curry 215 cals

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ellie Rainbow 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• This Veggie Balti was fab – no rice or naan just veggies, it’s from the 5:2 app by Woman. Here’s the recipe:

Serves 4, just 215 cal per portion
    Prep time 10 mins and coking time 25 mins

1 cal spray
    2 onions, chopped
    1 tbspn curry paste
    350g butternut squash and sweet potato, diced
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    400g tin chickpeas, drained
    1/2 cauliflower OR 200g fresh/frozen green beans
    250ml water

Fry onions in 1 cal spray for 5 minutes, then add the curry paste and cook for another minute. Add the water, tomatoes, butternut squash, sweet potato and cauliflower or runner beans then cook for 15 minutes. Finally add the chickpeas and warm through for 5 more minutes. Enjoy.

Hi Ali,

Love the ingredients, will try making this soon.

One challenge I have with making veg curries or soups from scratch is working out the calories and portion sizes when I usually just throw them all into the slow cooker and hope for the best! This approach has never failed me but now I’m calorie counting on IF days I need to take a more structured approach 🙂

Appreciate any tips on this!

ER

Hi ellie and ali,

If you go to my fitness pal to count calories, there is a place there where you can load up a recipe , tell how many portions and it will give you the number of calories per portion. If you are new to the site it may take a little getting used to but i find it to be a good and functional site.

I write down how many grams in each vegetable as i go along and then plug it all into mfp at the same time.

If you think the calories are too much, you can go back and edit the recipe after and increase the number of portions for the whole recipe.

Thanks Pattience,

This was very straightforward.
    I use the MFP iPhone app that doesn’t seem to have the feature so your tip to use the website was helpful and the calorie count now looks realistic 🙂

ER

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.