Urgent Gall Bladder issues…I need to lose Weight!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Urgent Gall Bladder issues…I need to lose Weight!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KatieUSA 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello to all,

My Name is Lorraine, I am 51, I have many health issues, including Sleep Apnoea and Diabetes….My Diabetes is well controlled.

My question really is, I am due to have my Gall Bladder removed in 5 6 weeks time, I need to lose Weight for Surgery, but is Fasting ok to do when you have Gall Stones?

I can not find the answer to this anywhere….I am desperate to lose Weight to make the Surgery better…I am 5’2, and I now Weigh 20 Stone.

Can anyone help me please?

Hi, Lorraine! I have no useful direct knowledge but I wonder if anything in this discussion is helpful to you? https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/fasting-and-gallstonesgall-bladder-attacks/

I wish you all the best in your weight loss goals and in the upcoming operation. Hang in there. Things will be better.

Avoid eating oily stuff… it can increase the pain… once you stop eating oily stuff, you will start reducing weight automatically, and remember after surgery also you should avoid oily things.

Thank you…but my question is, can ‘Fast with a Gall Bladder Problems?’

Lorraine, post your queries in Jojo’s thread “Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest” in Weight Loss. Jojo has just had a gall bladder removed and I am sure would be happy to guide you on this.

Thank you Barata! x

I fasted both before and after I had my gallbladder removed, and I never had a problem with it. Fasting did not trigger attacks. I’m not sure what a doctor’s perspective would be, but it was perfectly fine for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.