Under active Thyroid

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sony1 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all,

I know this topic has sparked up convo’s in the past but I am looking for some fresh feedback from 2015/2016. I am a fit girl (I exercise most days!) but was diagnosed with a underactive thyroid 4/5 years ago and slowly I have managed to gain 3 stone. I am desperate to lose it; going from a size 10 to a 14 is never fun in your early 20’s. Any success stories/hints and tips would be amazing! I have started the 5:2 this week and nervous it could play havoc with my thyroid  Thanks in advance!

Hi grace

Don’t worry, I have had an underactive thyroid for years, I take thyroxine for it. I have been on 52 for almost 12 months and have lost 2 stone…

It is slower with the thyroid problem but it is doable ….5 2 has not affected my thyroid function tests in any way…

Hope this helps, good luck with your journey

Audrey

Hi Grace.
    I have an underactive thyroid as well,and i am on my 3rd week of 4:3 fasting.
    I removed my thyroid glands 7-8 years ago and i am on 150 thyroxine at the moment.
    I have gained about 15 kg since then,and whatever i do i just cant loose any weight.
    I was watching a video on you tube one day,and a girl who also had underactive thyroid was doing this diet,and she said she lost weight,and it was the only way she manage to loose it.
    It does take longer for as with thyroid problems,but everyone says it is possible to lose weight.
    It doesn’t seem to do anything to my thyroids,(no side effects) and i haven’t lost any weight yet,i loose about 2.2kg at the end of the fasting each week,but when i start my eating day it just pops back on 🙁
    I will continue and c what’s going to happen.
    Good luck to you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.