Uggggg!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Not gonna lie, yesterday I was moments away from giving up on the 5:2 plan. I am on week 6, had lost 7.7 pounds in week 5. Last week I felt great, didn’t even feel hungry on my fast days.

So why was I ready to give up yesterday? Not sure. I started off my day with a game plan as to what I was going to eat. I didn’t have enough time to make oatmeal like I planned, so I ate a quick greek yogurt and then headed to the gym. A couple of days ago I overworked my quads (too many lunges and squats) and my body has been so tired and sore, I was upset with myself for not making the time to eat the filling oatmeal and couldn’t seem to get over it. So my day went on and I found myself wanting to eat everything, but didn’t. Instead, I ate my chicken breast, cabbage and garlic and then went straight to bed. Did I mention I was a total grouch?

Not sure why the negative mood crept up on my, but I am happy that I stuck to the plan and didn’t binge yesterday. Hopefully my commitment will pay off when I step in the scale tomorrow.

I hope people are having a more positive week!

Perhaps a shift to bircher muesli in the morning would help you bypass the ‘no time for oatmeal’ problem in the morning.

I prepare mine each evening in the downtime while dinner preparation doesn’t require active attention and put it in the fridge to soak overnight. I also add the yoghurt and fruit so all I have to do in the morning is retrieve it, pick up a spoon and tuck in.

Of course, if you don’t like bircher muesli this is not a solution! And as your name suggests that it is getting very cold in your part of the world, maybe a hot breakfast is more palateable.

Oh and btw, I personally find the same mass oats much more filling if I eat it as bircher muesli rather than porridge.

We all have days where we can just get off on the wrong foot and then nothing seems to go right.
    You hung in there MusicGirl and it will pay off.

The other thing to keep in mind, if for some reason a fast day just isn’t working – don’t stress – just abandon that day and reschedule. There is no hard and fast rule as to which day you fast on.

Hubby is planning lunch out with the work mates tomorrow which would normally be a fast day and he was trying to work out which options on the menu he might be able to have – I just said fast today and then tomorrow you wont have to worry about it. It means we aren’t fasting on the same day for this week but that is ok too.

I’m loving the flexibility of this system.

Hey Alaska! Good on you for pushing through! Everyone has those days. Every day is a new day for me with its own struggles and victories.

But remember, this WOL isn’t a punishment and shouldn’t be a gruelling fight! If you get too put off, just do your fast day the next day. There’s really no problem with that. But keep it as an emergency measure, so not to keep postponing it 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.