Trying to lose weight after a loss

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Trying to lose weight after a loss

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bootsy Badger 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi All,

Being PREGNANT is a great thing!! Its a miraculous journey in its own kind BUT I had to abort my baby at 4months bcoz the doc said that it had stopped growing?? I felt like I killed it .. The doctor did a D & c… after 2 weeks for the follow up visit i was bit alrite.. coping from loss… I asked the doc whether i can start working out n she gave me a green signal.. i put on like 4-5 lbs of weight in these months.. Its was ur FIRST child, so me n DH were very happy n i have been fullfiling all my cravings then.. After D & c i think i have developed a small bump.. I want to go back to my previous weight (pre-pregnancy ) . So I started Walking since then like around 5miles per day.. But due to weather changes, rain n too much cold outside i m unable to bear the weather.. i got cold n cough.. If i am home.. i tend to eat without thinking just to keep my mind busy n not think abt my baby..

Can any1 provide me advice or help me as to how i can recovery from this as well as lose weight.. The doc suggested me to wait for 2 regular period cycles untill we try again.. we decided untill dec o may be jan. So i ve till dec to lose weight unless i get prgnant again in dec.. I wann to reduce my weight n get fit overall..

I live in new jersey n it will start snowing here soon.. so i have few months when i can jog o walk outside. I recently bought a elliptical machine also. Any advice o help will be highly appreciated..

I started doing diet from Saturday after having a heated decision with my hubby.. But I think it is time I took it seriously n stopped eating for comfort. I would like to know if any1 is der with me as a buddy so we can share this path together.

More abt me: I m 5 ft 8 inches n weigh around 85kgs. I want to go back to my weight of 72kgs. so in-all I want to lose around 13kgs.

I am so sorry that you lost your baby. I read some very strong feelings, all completely understandable, coming through your post. I hear a lot of self-blame. I may be completely wrong but I wonder if you are trying to ‘fix’ your body, in some way because of the very physical (as well as emotional) loss you have been through. I wonder if you would consider some sort of therapy/counselling to support you in your grief. Could your doctor recommend someone suitable? It need not put your plans to try to get pregnant again on hold.
    Apologies if you do not feel this is helpful, or if you are already having such support.
    With my best wishes to you and your partner.

Hi Boosty,

I did some talk n counseling and I m pretty gud rite now.. My basic thinking now is of losing weight.. Can u provide me more help on that..
    Thanks.

I’m sorry to hear of your sad news. I hope you are getting the support you need to get through things.

In the meantime, if you look at the forums here you will find a wealth of information & stories to help you on your 5:2 journey:

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/

Some of the people on here are super helpful, and you may find this post (posted by the every-helpful @simcoeluv) in particular will answer many of your questions: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck in everything.

Hello again
    Just wondered how you are getting on. Sorry again if my thoughts in first post were inappropriate. I think drunner’s advice (above) to have a look at the ‘basics for newbies’ thread would be a great place to start 5:2
    Best wishes, Bootsy

Hi Boosty,

Thank you. But I am much better now. I m looking forward to losing weight and being fit. I read the link posted by drunner, great post. Have started 5:2 last week. its been good so far. did 2 fast days i.e, tue n thu. ve lost around 2kgs.. Hope it works for me. Today I ve a get together at my place so I m a bit worried as I think I will put on the weight back.. Fingers-crossed..

How are u doing??

Hi CT
    Sounds like you’ve got off to a great start! Hope you enjoy the get-together and try not to worry too much about regaining weight. Try and keep in mind that this is a long term plan, then a few ups and downs won’t dishearten you. I think it’s mentioned in ‘basics for newbies’ that the average weight loss is 0.5kg a week.

I’ve struggled with fasting the past couple weeks – only managed one day a week and started to give myself a hard time over it. But yesterday’s fast went well and today I’ve kept to my TDEE (which I don’t usually worry about.) So I’m feeling much more confident that I CAN do this long-term. Have you heard of TDEE etc? If you want to find out more, look on the home page of this site and click on ‘diet by the numbers’. Expect you have already done your research, though!

Lots of people on this site refer to 5:2 as a WOE/ Way of Eating or WOL/ Way of Life rather than a diet and I think that’s a brilliant way of looking at it – although of course I do get caught up in wanting to lose weight too! I have been doing 5:2 on and off but really only got serious about it in earl September, so feel very much a newbie too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.