Tricks for business travel?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Does anyone else travel for business? How do you handle your 500/600 calories, ie: food ideas for breakfast and dinner and; how do you handle when you have a business lunch or dinner?? Help!!

Hi Blucky,

Do you travel every week, all weekdays?

If I were you I would on fastdays buy ready mixed protein smoothies to drink when I did not have to eat with customers/clients. Or protein bars.

In the book Michael says you can fast for 24 hours, i e if you for example have a lunch date with a customer you can fast from 1 p m on the day before the lunch date until 1 p m on the day of the lunch. Then you start your eatingday!

You have to plan the lunches and dinners and put them all on eating days, if possible…

It is a puzzle!
    Ninna

Hi, I travel Monday to Friday every week and live in different hotels while I’m away.
    Monday is my easiest Fast day – ready for it anyway after weekend and after travelling to site then working all day I’m ready for a bath and an early night.
    Then my next Fast day is either Wednesday or Thursday depending on what colleagues are doing/business dinners etc. A colleague does Friday but she lives alone and finds that easier.
    I now don’t have anything all day except black coffee in the morning, herbal tea in the afternoon and lots of water all day. Then in the evening I take instant porridge which I can easily make with the kettle in my room.
    Every so often I throw in an extra day if it’s a quiet weekend especially when I hit a plateau.
    At home I exercise, away I walk or jog in the evening or hit the hotel gym if there is one. That has helped a lot.

Thank you both so much. These are good ideas. Thinking Monday and Wed might work best. Usually I can get a hard-boiled egg and you can add two hard boiled egg whites for about 100 cal in the morning at the hotel.
    If I don’t have a business dinner, I kind of like the idea of the subway salad or veggie sub.
    Someone also mentioned the small Wendy’s chili.
    Any other ideas would be much appreciated!

Blucky,

On your fast days, could you get a cooked chicken breast or 3 slices of ham, from Morrisons/Tesco/Asda, and from the Deli bar get a salad box. Take with you from home your usual dressing or Low fat salad cream, a plate,knife and fork, then have a early night!
    On a Monday you could take all this with you in a cool bag with ice packs, so you could just go to a supermarket just on a Wednesday.

This what we have on our fast day evening, usually 300 calories.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.