Total newbie to 5.2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello everyone, my name is Maureen and I am a 5.2 virgin
    All help I will be grateful for.
    Day one is tomorrow.
    Regards to all

Welcome to the 5:2 forums Maureen! I’m sort of new myself having first heard of the 5:2 way of eating on May 10 of this year. I love this way of losing weight because it’s a lot easier than I thought it would be and I’m losing an average of 1.5 pounds or .7 kg per week.

There’s a new challenge starting for August where we all post each day on our progress and share whether we’re doing a fast day (FD) or a non-fast day (NFD). You can sign up on this thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/august-2017-31-day-challenge/ It’s not a competition except maybe with ourselves, but we choose a goal weight for the month and try to reach it by the month’s end. There’s even a spreadsheet that you can download to keep track. The spreadsheet for August hasn’t been posted yet. It’s a good way to join in and to be accountable for sticking with the program.

There are lots of posts throughout the forum with idea for fasting and sticking to the program. I encourage you to just jump in on any that interest you. You’re welcome everywhere on the forum. If you have any questions, just ask.

Where do you live? I’m in California as you probably guessed from my name.

Thank you for the welcome CalifDreamer.
    I live in the uk Bletchley Buckinghamshire. That’s for the information on the August challenge.

Hi Maureen, so am I. Going to start from tomorrow and looking forward to seeing some results (hopefully) this month! I am going to do the August challenge as well, so hopefully will be a good start!

The challenges are a good way to keep yourself accountable on a daily basis and also a good way to get to know the people here. Anyone can join the monthly challenge at any time, but it’s nice that both of you will be here for the beginning of a new month. Happy fasting!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.