Tolerance to alcohol going down

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lizamor 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am a runner and, since starting the 5:2, I’ve found that my tolerance to alcohol has decreased as, even after only a couple of glasses of wine, the next morning I feel a bit “wibbly-wobbly”. This is not in itself a bad thing but I’m curious as to whether it’s just me or has anyone else experienced the same thing. Or maybe it’s nothing to do with 5:2.

Yes, I’ve found that I can take much less wine now. Saying that, I am trying to give the wine up on all days but its so hard! What I’ve found that the odd gin and slim or vodka and slim are much better and much less calories than wine.

I’ve noticed that alcohol doesn’t make me feel as good as it used to. The drunk I feel isn’t really drunk, it’s irritating and heavy on my head. None of this carefree giggling drunk I used to have. So weird, I don’t even feel like drinking and I used to drink several times a week.

I’ve found decreased tolerance for alcohol also, but hardly surprising as I’ve lost 18% of me 🙂

I have stopped drinking Sunday to Thursday, but I’m afraid do still overindulge at weekends. My brain doesn’t appear to have caught up with my body yet…But I make sure I have 2 cups of tea now before I go to bed…

I find my tolerance has increased. Not so logical in my head.. And like Mynie, I don’t experience the “happy drunk” as much, I just get numb and boring. Actually I am much more fun on a caffeine high…. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.