Tinnitus

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Shadow 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I have a mild tinnitus if I wake up in the middle of the night after a fast day, or the morning after before breakfast. It’s more odd than disturbing – it doesn’t disturb my sleep pattern at all – but it’s noticeable.

Anyone else have this symptom?

Hi I have had chronic tinnitus since December 2013. It has decreased incredibly but is with me all the time. I will check it out next fast day to see if there is an increase in volume.still hoping it will stop

That is very interesting. For a while i have suspected that my fasting days make it worse even though I usually have 600 calories instead of 500. I have been on 5: 2 diet since july and had increasing problem with tinnitus since october time but i have had a bad ear infection which i am certain started it. I fasted yesterday and it is really bad this morning. I will be gutted if I have to give up this diet but am finding tinnitus very difficult to live with at times. I hope we get a few more posts on this topic.

My tinnitus is worse at the moment. I have NOT been fasting the last few weeks as I am at target weight. I am pretty sure my tinnitus is worse just now due to a sinus problem connected with some trees that are in blossom near to the house. Every time I walk past them my nose streams. Will identify them when they get leaves.
    I reckon I am just recovering from a middle ear infection too as my balance has been a bit off over the last week and my left ear has felt very full. Been feeling sick too.
    I would not think that 5:2 would affect your tinnitus. I have been doing it for almost 2 years. Only thing that is affected is my sleep on fast nights.
    I still do fast some weeks. Have been at target weight about 18 months.
    I am wondering if the tinnitus appears heightened on fast days because the body is in a state of alert due to lack of calories. This is what I have decided causes my poor sleep on days that I have been fasting.
    only logged on today to find some 100 calorie recipes for lunch as I have not been shopping and don’t want to go. Miso soup will do me nicely and I have a low cal Waitrose meal from the freezer.

I have tinnitis but only when I remember that I have it. I often forget for weeks on end. This forum brought it back! Not a big problem for me normally.

Eghamhigh that is a good point you made about noticing it because of reduced calories, will keep monitoring it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.