the Red Lentil Tikki Masala is delicious

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
the Red Lentil Tikki Masala is delicious

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kgb48 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• My son and I ate the Red Lentil Tikki Masala from the Fast Diet Cookbook for dinner one fast day last week, and we both thought it was delicious (even though my son doesn’t usually like lentils much). I made cucumber raita to go with it, using some of the cilantro left over from the masala instead of mint. My underweight son ate his portion over rice, and I served it over rice for leftovers on a feed day. The only things I changed about the recipe (I have a tendency to do that, LOL) were using fresh tomatoes instead of canned because they’re in season here, which meant I needed to add a cup of water, too; and instead of putting the cilantro in the paste, I put it in the curry with the spinach at the end of cooking. The reason I did that is because I want to use the leftover paste in a curry later, and fresh cilantro tends to go off quickly in the frig; this way my leftover masala paste should last a long time. Anyway, it was great. Thanks for the recipe, Mimi! It was nice to have a change from a smallish slab of seasoned fish or tofu with a big pile of vegetables (cooked, seasoned; or raw, as a salad), which so far is my standard no-brainer fast day dinner.

Hi yes, I made this last night for a fast day dinner. It was fantastic though I added 150g of sweet potato, 1/2 aubergine and omitted the spinach. I also made it slightly spicier. I cut the ingredients by half and still had enough for three servings (it is a generous recipe). With the leftover I added a little veg stock and whizzed it up…I now have a tasty smooth spicy lentil and tomato soup for lunch. I hope other’s enjoy this recipe too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.