The recipe book

This topic contains 15 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi fellow fasters

I have been fasting twice a week for 6 weeks now and……..lost my first stone of weight!! I would like to thoroughly recommend the recipe book as it is great for taste, low calorie (obviously!) and ensures that you eat foods that make fasting hunger pangs reduced to a minimum. I usually on a 500 day have boiled eggs or oats with skimmed milk for breakfast and then if I am really hungry I may have a 10 calorie jelly and a carrot during the day, but now I can pretty much go all day and then have a further recipe from the book such as fish & veg – my favourite is the Vietnamese sea bass. Go buy it! It’s on offer for £8 in tesco UK.

Best diet I have ever been on – thanks!

🙂

Hi there

Same as you I’m on my 6th week. I’ve lost a stone and 5 inches off my waist. I’m also using the receipe book which I find very helpful aslo I’m using the Hairy Dieters cook book which have some yummy meals in.

Not so much a diet but a way of life now.

Just bought the recipe book on Amazon, £6.99 at present. I have done 2 weeks and am loving the diet, and I have got 2 friends already onto it too. It is so good to read positive results like yours!

Adore Mimi Spencer’s recipe book!
    Ahem…
    Page 66 Baked salmon 4 ways states 100g of salmon = 180 cals
    in “The Fast Diet” by Dr Michael Mosley & Mimi Spencer
    Page 195 it says 100g of Salmon (fresh) = 215 KCALS in the calorie counter
    is there a discrepancy? or have I missed the difference between Calories and KCALS? And does this need to be spelled out a bit clearer?
    Meanwhile loving the 5:2 effect on me!

Although it does not say so, most salmon sold in supermarkets is farmed and – thus – has a higher fat content and therefore a higher calorie gramme for gramme against wild salmon. Maybe that’s the difference?

Instead of cooking, i am using weight watchers meals on my 2 or 3 days of fast, so i don’t have to cook 2 meals (for me and for my girls).
    It seems like a bad cheat, but if you are the only one on the plan, it lessens the effort.
    I am a foodie so normally avoid ready made meals, but most WW are approx 300 calories, and with a few veggies are an acceptable dinner.
    2 weeks in and 8 lbs lost. This could be a winner!

Tony100, I too use the WW and the Lean Cuisine meals. I’m not a foodie and while I would like to cook a little more, for now this works. I do plan on making some soups to put in the fridge for fast days and can’t wait for the Fast Diet Cookbook to come out in the U.S. July 2nd! 🙂

As a total newbie on my first day, I would like to ask whether the recipe book has many 500/600 cal recipes in it? I am planning to do a 24hr fast, along with my husband. Our last meal was 7pm last night and we are eating again at 7pm tonight. I have the main diet book but all the recipes are geared to splitting the fast into two meals.Rather than just adding some carbs to the 350/400 cal recipes I would rather cook a full meal as I am cooking for children at the same time and they will need some extra carb cals. Any inspiration appreciated!

Oh what a great idea ww.meals and I guess you could also do the smart ones right? Oh boy! easy easy… thanks. 🙂

I have both books, the Fast Diet Recipe book and the Hairy Dieters one. Does anyone know if the Salmon with ginger chilli sauce would be viable as an evening meal on a fast day?

Hi!

I have the Fast Diet and I ordered the recipe book even though I am basically vegan. I figure I can always substitute meat subs, tofu for eggs, and hopefully there are other recipes I can adapt.

Hi just finished my first week, and lost 3 lbs, any tips for night shift worker, my husband has decided he needs to lose a stone, any suggestions for 12 hour nights please,

Has anyone in Australia been able to buy the recipe book online. For some odd reason Amazon refuse to send it to Australia and we’ve bought books and had them sent before?

hi & welcome nalininm,

i googled it c link b low
    sounds delish

depends if it is in ur 500 cal a day or ur 600 cal a day

Hairy Dieters Salmon with Chilli Ginger Sauce Recipe by WAHZOE …

recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2283414

25 mins – ‎Calories: 342.5 cal

Hi wiltldnrUSA,nalininm, ermintrude64 et al. Re Amazon all I can say is that I recently read a small article in the press recently saying that Amazon had gone off line temporarily. Also that they were going to introduce delivery charges on items under £10.00 English pounds, when I do not know. It may have something to do with the offline issue. Ermintrude64, sorry for the delay in commenting on your request. Many cook books and online sites have recipies that have a calorie breakdown that may suit. I found a few books in my local library including an excellent vegitarian cookbook that may give inspiration. The Readers Digest “fast healthy FOOD in 30 mins has several recipes which may suit all the family.
    Nalininm, Hairy Dieters looks ok to me.
    Wiltidnr, hope things are going well for you.
    Good luck all.

Hi malteser. Regarding your hubby and 12 hr shifts. Sorry I have no ideas for you save that you click on the “start a new topic” link at the top of the page with a suitable heading such as “Shift worker on nights requires help”. I am certain you will get some good helpful comments.
    Good luck.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.