The New 5:2 Diet Cookbook by Jacqueline Whitehart

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
The New 5:2 Diet Cookbook by Jacqueline Whitehart

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sher_joy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• About a month ago I bought the new book titled above. It has revised 2017 guidelines for 5:2. Well, my husband started following it and is losing weight. I am so proud of him, and also so jealous! I think it’s time I jumped on board. I followed 5:2 about 4 years ago under the old guidelines, but I found 500 calories harder and harder to stick to. So this time I’m doing it the “new” way. I am so happy to be back on 5:2.

How many calories on FD is this cookbook based on?

In the infamous words of Donald J Trump. Fake news.

Dreamer, it is 800 calories.

Booty, I don’t understand your comment. Her book is apparently based on an interview Dr. Mosley gave about revising 5:2 to allow 800 calories. It’s mostly a cookbook, but with Dr. Mosley’s updated guidelines. I know it’s not an official book written by Dr. Mosley, but the information is what he says.

Why am I even explaining myself.

. What is fake?

If you are genuine then I apologise. The forum is however littered with “first time posters” that are selling lotions and potions, books and diets, web based programs etc. to people with health issues and that’s not a good situation. If youre genuine then by all means share what works and ask others what has worked. Good luck with 5:2, it works.

I read an article in the Sunday Sun British newspaper ( owned by Rupert Murdoch. Say no more 🤣 )
    They did an article on Jacqueline Whitehart book. Before I found the 5/2 diet I was doing the 8/16. I’m more or less put the 8 16 with the 5:2 diet and got down to goal a few weeks ago losing 2 stone 8 lb. The revised 5:2 is basically a 14 hour fast with no calories within that period as much liquid as you can drink, you can go up to 800 calories on your 2 fast days both men and women. Diets are always evolving I would say fasting is more a way of life than a diet for me I like to think that while I’m fasting my body is healing itself somehow everything I’ve read seems to point in this Direction. Anyway enough waffling if it works for you it’s right for you I’m fasting has really work for me good luck everybody

Booty, thank you for your kind words. I had no idea this forum was littered with sales trash like that preying on people.

In retrospect, perhaps I shouldn’t have posted about a book that is not the official 5:2, but it was Dr. Mosley’s new guidelines, so I thought it was ok. Steve, thank you for posting about the article. The 3 new 2017 golden rules are taken from Dr. Mosley’s interview with the U.K. Paper The Telegraph.

1. 800 calories 2 days a week.
    2. Overnight 14 hour fasting.
    3. Eat normally, but healthily the other 5 days. No counting calories, 3 meals a day, no snacking between meals, minimize the junk.

Steve, congrats on your loss. My husband is losing too! Now it’s my turn!

@sharlene. No problems. Snake oil salesmen don’t sit well with me. If you frequent this forum often enough you will see them come and go. People that trade off of other peoples misfortune.

I’m on my third week 2fast day

Can’t believe how good this is 🤗 I’ve lost 4lbs so far. I’m sure some is water but I’m so pleased it works without any extra expense. I’ve still 4st.2lbs to go but I’m feeling positive .

Good luck to all can’t wait until my jeans fit!

I’m using this book by Whitehart, and it’s excellent. I’m using it along with info from Dr. Mosley’s revised 5:2 book. Does anyone know if he’ll be revising his revised book?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.