The Fast Diet tracker

This topic contains 31 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  TapGypsy 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

• We’re pleased to announce the soft launch of The Fast Diet tracker. We’re keeping it somewhat quiet – just to the forum – for now and hoping that you will help us flush out any bugs and make sure it’s just so before we shout about it from the rooftops.

We’ve tested it but there’s nothing like a whole bunch of people using it to find out exactly what we’ve missed! So if you notice something that’s going wrong, please drop me an email at tech@thefastdiet.co.uk.

Thanks!
    JJ (aka fastdiet)

To help you track your progress on the fast diet we have added the 5:2 fast diet tracker; click on the link in the post above and try it out. I find it extremely motivating to see what my weight (and waistline) is doing over time. And it occasionally nudges me to switch back from the 6:1 to the 5:2! I hope you find it helpful and easy to use. Any suggestions from the forum appreciated.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on
    Michael (currently back on 6:1….)

Hi

I will not use this tracker as it compels me to enter my DOB which is not something I do online because I don’t want to help the unscrupulous with identity theft. Of course I could enter it slightly inaccurately so that the age would still be OK but why can’t I just enter an age? – yes it will then be up to me to keep that up-to-date. OK so I am techno-paranoid.

Hi I clicked on the link supplied but only a blank page loaded.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed and given feedback, it’s great to get it. πŸ™‚ Just to let you know, I am, unfortunately, away from now until Monday. So please forgive any tardiness in replies this weekend!

Rianjonc – I’m not sure why it’s not loading for you. Could you email me at tech@thefastdiet.co.uk so I can investigate? If you let me know which browser you’re using (eg Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer) and which operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac Snow Leopard), that would be really helpful.

Barbita, being techno-paranoid is absolutely fine! The birthday is so that people don’t have to remember to update their age, as you guessed. I think the thing to do is enter an incorrect birthday or not enter one at all. It’s only used in the calculation of TDEE, so it’s not necessary, and you can do that on our TDEE calculator which does use age and also doesn’t keep any track of calculations (it’s all done in your browser on your computer): http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Not sure if you’re like me and want to know *how* age affects the calculation, but here is the Mifflin – St Jeor formula we use:

Men : 10 x weight (kg) + 6.25 x height (cm) – 5 x age (y) + 5
    Women : 10 x weight (kg) + 6.25 x height (cm) – 5 x age (y) – 161

As you can see, as you get older, you burn fewer calories, so if you want to put in an incorrect birthday, you can decide if you want that jump in the calculation to occur before or after your actual birthday.

Looking forward to using this regularly. Is there a place to enter your starting weight? Or would I just create an entry with my original measurements and start a 2nd one with current, etc?

Thanks for this useful tool

Deb

Yes, just create an entry with your original measurements on whichever day you’d like, then go from there. You can add in as many historical measurements as you have.

Also, I have fixed the blank page issue. If anyone else is having problems with that (or anything else) please let me know!

its still a blank page for me πŸ™

amy

What format do you want DOB to be entered in? I’ve tried a few and it won’t accept anything. Please update the field.

It’s interesting to think about goal measurements. A goal weight is pretty easy to aspire to, and the healthy BMI range is a great guide. I have no idea what my measurements might be as I approach my goal weight.

Oh no! That’s not good. Could you both email me at tech@thefastdiet.co.uk to tell me which browser (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox, Safari) and operating system (e.g. Windows 8, Mac Snow Leopard or 10.9) or device (e.g. iPhone, Android) you’re using?

MelbourneMum – I hadn’t thought of that. It might be interesting to know what measurements are appropriate for a given weight. Your post reminded me of this site, What size am I?. You put in your measurements and it tells you which size you are in various shops. It doesn’t help with the weight, but I thought you might like it… πŸ™‚

Also, dob should definitely work as Year – Month – Day so today is 2014-07-08. This only affects older browsers though, the newer versions will use their own date choosers or can handle “July 7 2014”. However, I will look at it to fix it for older browsers so it’s easier to use.

Hi – just to let you know I’ve fixed the date problem and (I hope) made it a bit easier to use. Please let me know if it’s still not working for you! (That’s to anyone with any problem. πŸ™‚ )

Any problem with the tracker and/or the website, that is. πŸ˜‰

i am yet to see why anyone would use the tracker? most of the stuff(which is very limited) that should be keyed in is
    a)difficult to follow
    b)supplied free by calorie counting programs used widely by fd fans

my calourie count program that i use gives you loads of nutrient info about foods but not GL/GI info

it even tells you how much you should aim for weekly wait loss based on your sex/age/wait/hieght profile

i didnt get as far as the healthy bmi range thingy

it took time to see u could use imperial or metric either way its in centimitres, inches/1lbs and not meters, stones,feet

You can use any tracker you’d like – they all have different features and it’s nice to have a choice.

That doesn’t sell ours very well, does it? The unique thing about ours is that it is completely ours and we can add whatever we’d like to it and incorporate it into the site. For example, if people would like to have the option to make some of their data – BMI or TDEE – visible, we can add that in (your data will *never* be public by default, don’t worry). There have also been a few suggestions about features people would like to see and additional measurements people would like included. Fairly high on my list of things to do is add in stone / lbs for weight.

It might take some time but if you’d like, please email or post suggestions to make it better. But if you choose to use another one, we understand! We just hope you still keep posting.

And thank you again to everyone who emailed or posted about bugs – keep them coming as you find them. I knew the forum would be the best testers and appreciate you bearing with us.

Is there an Android version of the fast beach APP ?

Unfortunately, the Android app won’t be available for some time. However, we do have a free old fashioned planner available to print out here: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FB-PLANNER.pdf β€” I know it’s not the same, but it should help get you on your way.

can you stop using AMAZON to plug/flog your books-they are unethical-and start using abe books

I tried to enter my profile but it only lists the UK measurements.

Maybe I missed the US measurements…will try again later after the caffeine has kicked in.

There’s a button on the bottom that will allow you to switch in between metric and imperial measurements so you can use it to get to inches and pounds.

I think we probably need to move it up a bit because it’s not very obvious! I’ll have a think about where it should go.

Oops – sorry davidrob, I missed your comment! You can use any bookshop, online or not, to buy the books. I generally use my local independent shop. Even though they’re a children’s book shop, they can order in anything – I think that’s true of most bookshops. (Abebooks is a subsidiary of Amazon now, also.)

Hi there.

I feel a bit silly but decided to ask rather than give up.
    I filled in everything correctly then stopped.

I’ve NO IDEA what my measurements will be when I’ve achieved my goal weight.

I can only say what I am now.
    Have I misunderstood what’s being asked?
    Should I guess?
    Can someone give me an idea?

Thanks.

I just wanted to say I love the tracker, thank you very much! It’s really nice to have it on here and is really flexible – you can put however many entries you want on whatever date, and you can do weight or measurements or both, and it gives you a lovely graph which shows a very satisfying downward slope over time (hopefully)! I don’t ‘get’ apps, personally, but we’re all different (some of us very different) and for me, this thing is perfect. Well done!!

Sorry for the delayed reply to this!

maggie.fr: You haven’t misunderstood and it is slightly strange to think about. I have used this before, tweaking it as needed: What size am I?

But it would be super interesting to know what measurements to aim for, wouldn’t it? If anyone has any suggestions on how to do that, please let us know!

2fast2furious: Thank you! It’s so great to read you like it and that it’s working for you. πŸ™‚ Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Hi
    I’m not sure if this forum is still rolling but as a newbie to the site I thought I’d ask.
    I’ve entered all my goals etc … but what I’m looking for (and not found yet so forgive me if it does already exist) is a food tracker that allows me to key in the fast and normal days. For example I’ve tried ‘myfitness.com’ and that is great for working out calories etc – but if I underuse it complains at me, if I overeat it grumbles – which is fine because it’s not fitting my plan right. but everyday it tells me I’m over eating or under eating … it would be nice to have one that knows today is a 2k day or a 500 one. If you’ve sussed this can you share the link so I can start using it?! πŸ™‚
    Cheers

Hi Akamily

I had the same issue with finding a food tracker that caters for the 5:2 diet. I eventually found one (I think it’s available as iPhone and Android as well as web-based) at lifesum.com. The downside is that you do have to upgrade to the Gold (paid for) account to unlock 5:2, but (at least when I did it) it was only about Β£27 for a year.

Ruth

Just started the diet. Noticed on the tracker information that the present measurements are also the goal measurements… I guess this does not matter?

I use android and so I need to download the old fashioned paper version at:-

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FB-PLANNER.pd

The link is not working. Please help.

The y axes should be colour coded to the graphed and the user should be able to tailor the ranges

Why is there a neck measurement? Mine dropped an inch after a month and has remained the same since. Along with the waist measurement, I also measure between the waist and hips. I’ve lost 6″ from the belly area. Seems that measurement would be more beneficial to keep track of rather than the neck?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply.