The Fast Beach Diet Plan – who is with me?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The Fast Beach Diet Plan – who is with me?

This topic contains 159 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  detoxmanic 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

• Hi Jojo

Well done!

Well am still sticking with it. Have done my 6 weeks and not quite made my target of 14lbs but not far from it. Was almost at 12lbs loss last week but then it was TOTM so hard to get accurate weight then went to wine tasting and had BBQ so might have gained a little at the weekend :-(. No matter what he scales say I have definitely shrunk as clothes are much loser and I got into a medium dress In Monsoon yesterday – always been a large and previously an XL so felt great. I
    Of course it is prob vanity sizing and they style but felt great and looked good so bought it!!!

I was thinking of doing ADF but 4:3 is almost that anyway without spoiling my weekends. Unintentionally I generally do no cals for 24 hours since I have all my fast days cals for evening meal. Keeping tracking and to 1750 on non fast days has been hard to keep up!

I still have around 3-4 stone to lose also so will be sticking with 4:3 but just doing the more hardcore version with more careful non fast days every so often. We have short trip to London in about 4 weeks so want to look and feel good for that. Otherwwise we have already booked a beach holiday for March 2015 so that is my long term goal!

Am giving myself another1- 2 weeks to get to the 14lb loss 🙂

Hi Detoxmanic,
    Great to have some company for the long haul. I think 2 lb per week is realistic, I have been managing it most weeks on 5:2 with 1200 limit on other days except my Sunday( roast day).
    I am also doing low carb because it’s easier to keep the calories lower, easy for me as not mad about pasta or rice anyway. Have the occasional jacket potato but bread only when out for a meal. Bread is my weakness, as is pastry so I just avoid it.
    I gave up alcohol for the year and am doing fine without it, more saved calories.
    Good luck with you weight loss and I will check in next month.

Hi again

Wow 1200 on non fast days is low but I think the last 6 weeks have proved for me that we need to go a bit lower than TDEE to get decent (not stupid) results. That said if I do 4 x 1750 and 3 x 500 then am averaging 1214 per day in a way I could not manage 7 days per week! I always go with the sedentary option on the TDEE calc even though I do some exercise – though not been good last few weeks so need to buckle down on that front.

I don’t deliberately do low carb but naturally over the years have reduced it in my diet because of the calories. Pasta was the main thing to go – and I remember a GP advising me to have pasta and tomato sauce to lose weight many years ago!! I also remember a ww consultant suggesting snacking on Bombay mix because it was so spicy you couldn’t eat much – really!?!? I don’t find it remotely too spicy just yummy and moreish!

Am having a slightly more relaxed week this week in terms of tracking and reducing non fast days but I am going to tighten up again from Monday and try to up the exercise for the 4 week period. The week of my trip to London I’ll do B2B on the Monday/Tuesday before I go and again when I get back. I’ll be away the 5 days in between and enjoying myself!

Good luck for the month ahead 🙂

Hi. I’ve lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks, still 4 pounds to my target & stone to get to the lowest i want to be. I got stuck at same weight for past two weeks, but I can feel shrunk;) clothes are getting too lose& Ive ordered dresses 1 size smaller than usual, so I’m not bothering what scale is saying;) i will still maintain my 2x 40h fasts plus 1x 24h. In past 5 weeks I gave up alcohol& feel great!!! It feels almost as good as weight loss!!! 😉 and i started to cycle to work again. Its sunny even in manchester, so cant miss on opportunity like that haha! Hope this week I lose at least pound!

Yes I agree with detoxmanic, we do need to go a bit lower than our TDEE , especially if we are over 40 and dont have many lbs to loose. Since March I was doing 2 fasts at 34 hours each pw/500 cals and 1850 cals ( my TDEE) on non fast days. That worked for a while, but then I started to just maintain the same weight. I need to work harder than that, or nothing happens. I have been in denial about this. So after a two week break what now? Im trying to stick to 1700 cals on 2 non fast days. Thats ok unless there is a rare occasion like a BBQ or a few drinks in the pub. I guess I really need a third fast day, but somehow I cant motivate myself to it. And maybe I could exercise on fast days, something I have not tried yet!! Any other hints and tips my fellow journey men/ladies?

Kindle.
    you may try to exercise at the end of the fast.
    not that it will be a significant amount. Just that I believe we burn fat the longer we fast.
    So on a feed day just before your first meal 1-2 hours priir to eating. I guessing it might sqeeze an extea pound off a month.

I skip rope. So its easy to do anywhere

Thanks SAMM, I might try to cycle for breakfast before I break the fast on tuesday mornings. Food for thought …..

Hi guys – quick update.

I ended the 6 week FBD plan at 12lbs loss. Very happy and have had lots on compliments and comments that I have lost weight. Still have a lot more to lose but feel I have made a nice dent in things and that this is a way to boost losses every so often or overcome a plateau.

I have been a bit relaxed in the last couple of weeks (still doing 4:3 but not tracking or as careful on non fast days) but have remained the same weight. I have a short break away on 6 August so am going to do it again until I got away. Would like to lose another 5lbs ideally.

Whereas I find normal 5:2 (or 4:3 as I generally do) quite easy going I did the FBD harder to keep the momentum going right to the end of the 6 weeks. Definitely felt much more like being on a diet!

Well done Detox!!!
    Im also still on 3/4, have lost some weight, feel much better and dress size smaller fits me!!!! Git some compliments too 😉
    I do not count cals on non fast days. I want to stick to 3/4 for longer, until I can wear backless dress (never had one 😉 and I’m visiting friends in august I havent seen in years, so planning to stun them!!! I am not checking scale anymore, decided to do it once a month. Checking it every week is discouraging for me. But unlikely last year I will stick to checking scale every 4 weeks, especially around festive time…

Well I have had my August break/holiday/fun. Gained a few pounds but nothing too horrific so that’s fine!

Apart from my 2 weeks holiday I have been doing the normal fast diet (some 5:2 but mostly 4:3) but think from next week am going to try my Fast Beach Diet approach again for next 4-6 weeks. Will have a look back at my food diary and see what meals worked well. Getting back into counting cals on non fast days will be a drag but hopefully knowing how well it worked before will motivate me.

My target is 14lbs by Christmas and ideally the same again by my holiday in March. It will require some effort to achieve what with Christmas being in the middle!

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply.