The Fast Beach Diet Plan – who is with me?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The Fast Beach Diet Plan – who is with me?

This topic contains 159 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  detoxmanic 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 160 total)

• Hi everyone

I have been doing the fast/5:2 diet since last summer and love it. My loss hasn’t been fast but relatively consistent. My willpower has been excellent on the plan and I have never failed a fast day. I have only take 2 x 2 week breaks for holidays. Up my holiday last month until I had lost around 20lbs.

But I am ready to shake things up a bit I have just downloaded the new Fast Beach Diet Plan to my kindle and had a very quick scan through. Looking forward to reading it properly tonight). I was worried it would be a lot of repetition of previous books but I have to say I am excited by it. I already do 4:3 most weeks so my main emphasis will be on the healthy eating on non fast days and the exercise aspects which I have let slip since my last holiday.

Going to start on Sunday albeit that Monday will be my first fast day. I find that Mon-Wed-Fri suits me most weeks. If it doesn’t I just do 5:2.

SO who else is going to do this with me?

Great stuff!
    Well done detoxmanic. I would love to do that but I have just started the 5:2. I will eventually, this is a great plan.
    Good luck on your journey.

I will be doing it, and need some “support group”, but havent got book yet;/ I will be straight on it once read it. I am on FD for the past year, with great results, it’s just the progress “slowed down” since december, and want to puick it up for summer, even though do not have any beach holidays planned.
    just want to feel lighter haha! GOOD LUCK everyone!!!

I had my beach holiday already this year in March/April – went to Thailand and want to go back slimmer next year!

Do have an event in August that am using as an interim goal though and just want to look good in summer clothes.

Have been planning my menu for dinner next week – always do this but love doing it to get in the zone!

Im visiting my family in august& want to stun them with new look;) they haven’t seen me in 3 years!
    I hope to receive book on saturday& read few inspiring words from Mimi! Will start new program next week.
    I will also visit more often this forums to keep me going;)

Hi Detoxmanic and the gang – glad you’re going to give Fast Beach a go. Let us know how you get on. Six committed weeks and you should see real change! Best of luck, Mimi x

Yes I am up for the fast beach diet too!! I have IBS and started the fast diet a year ago it worked well for my symptoms as it gave my bowels a rest when on a fast day. I lost about 11lbs over a period of 6 months this diet worked well for me. I then found in the winter I was getting very cold on fast days and found I was over eating on eat days to make up for this. I have now gained all the weight on but am determined to give it another go. I have a dance show in July so feel this is a good goal to aim for, I just would like to feel better in my body again.

I came across the beach diet and want to use it to kick start the weight loss and also to help get me back on track again. I have found over the winter my IBS flared up again as was eating wrong foods and too much of them, so I want my symptoms to be under control again. I am looking forward to looking and feeling great for my dance show in July!! Good luck guys xxx

I would love to do The Fast Beach Diet with you but I will not have my book by Monday. I just ordered it last night. I have been doing 5 2 since last November and have only lost 3 pounds. So, obviously I am doing something wrong. When I read the write up on this book it sounds like exactly what I need.

I’ve got a book today;) just reading it now& will kick start on Monday.
    I’ve got same problem Kzadai, since December I havent lost anything, even Im fasting twice a week:/ I think it’s simply because I’m over indulging on non fast day. So tomorrow I’m stocking up on healthy snacks& diet tonic water. Good luck!

Hi all! A well rounded plan sounds like a good idea, but, to be honest, I do enjoy the freedom in this diet, not sure if I want to be part of a set plan. One question to those who have read some of the new book: how are the 6 weeks? Does it have ideas on how to eat or does it say what to eat on each day, smth like a dietician’s programme?

x

Nina

I am thinking of getting this book. But from the first post it seems that the bootcamp recommends 4:3 instead of 5:2. Am I reading this correctly? Thanks for any input from anyone who has the book!

Mimi just suggesting to try 3:4 (hopefully) I know I can’t do it, tried before& its really hard for me. Overall make your fasting windows longer& eat super clean other days;) even cut out ALL pops!
    (What am I going to do without my tonic water? 😉 & exercise! Haven’t got that far with reading but it doesn’t look as there is set plan of meals (I wouldn’t cope with that) full of meal ideas, receipes, tips& suggestions.

Thank you very much maja! The book sounds interesting, but frankly I know I cannot do 4:3!

You know what? After talking to my husband (who is a big fan of 4:3 and has been doing it forever…I think I CAN give it a go! After all, this is bootcamp, not a 365 day affair!

Thanks Mike (my darling husband) for encouraging me and believing that I can do this!

p.s. I am preordering the book from amazon. Also, just to spur you guys on, my husband, who prefers 4:3 over 5:2 lost 50 lbs. doing it. He is my hero and always tells me “can” when I say “can’t.”

Now im as motivated as I was last year when I started 5:2. Good luck! I will contemplate on 4:3 tomorrow, might give it a go again:D thanks!
    Im more concerned about giving up tonic water haha (I’m an addict as some might have noticed 😉

@daisyflower

“my husband, who prefers 4:3 over 5:2 lost 50 lbs. doing it.”

4:3 has intrigued me for a while.

Count me in.

ok, we can do this! In the U.S. we won’t get the book until June, I believe. I’ll double check the date on amazon.

Until then, please share what you have learned, for those who have an early Kindle version. Thanks!

I might get mine before June. I ordered it and the window of delivery begins next Thursday:

Your estimated delivery date is:
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 –
    Monday, June 2, 2014

I picked Superbooks as the seller.

I just ordered the paperback, too, since no one seems to know if/when it will be available on Kindle in the U.S. I picked the Book Depository because I’ve ordered from them before and it says “delivery is usually 5-8 working days from order” because they ship international air mail, but once I placed the order it said estimated delivery is June 6-19 🙁 Not sure if I want to do it until I read it, but as a 5:2 enthusiast I do want to know all about it!

I’m with you! I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet for a week and I’m hooked. I want to kick start the weight loss to fuel my motivation, so I’ve just ordered the Fat Beach Diet and will be getting it tomorrow. I gave birth to twins in December last year and I’m ready to get fit and lean again. I’m incredibly motivated and also very inspired by these forums. I’m 163 cm tall and weigh 90 kg. Sigh. So here we go, people. Let’s do this thing!

Hahaha.. Sorry. Not the Fat Beach diet… The FAST Beach Diet. Hah!

Hi

Well today is my first day and it’s a fast day! I already do 4:3 most weeks (Mon-Wed-Fri) so will be doing that for the whole 6 weeks. Normally if plans make 4:3 difficult then I just do 5:2 but for the 6 weeks I will sub with a weekend or do back to back in the week. I usually save all my calories for even meal and plan to continue this. (I think I might also do a sep personal diary thread).

Here is a short summary of what I have gleaned so far…….

Mimi describes the FBD as a “short term, souped up strategy for summer” It’s approach is three pronged, based on way to:

– tighten up on fast days
    – toughen up on non fast days
    – tune in on any day

One of the ways suggested to tighten up on fast days is to try 4:3 but it is not the only suggestion. There is also suggestion to do 2-2 (based on Brad Pilon’s book Eat Stop Eat) which essentially means after a normal lunch on day 1 eat sparingly (or nothing at all) until a late lunch the following day . Extending the fasting window so rather than have say breakfast at 7am and supper at 7pm missing breakfast or fasting from supper to supper. And being fastidious about your calorie quota.

On non fast days it is about holding back on indulgences and “superfluous snacks” and treats, cutting alcohol (entirely or reducing), eating less refined foods and cooking at home. Suggestions include following a more Mediterranean diet or even Japanese with more emphasis on healthy cooking (grilling, steaming, raw). Aiming to have meals based more around vegetables and reducing meat intake, being careful about portion sizes etc. There are lots of other great tips – some of which I have already done over the years like eating more mindfully and not having dinner on autopilot.

Then there is emphasis on quality of exercise and the suggestion to introduce 3 High Intensity Training (HIT) to your weekly exercise schedule. They also state it should be 3 max and give lots of suggestions on how to do this. Plus 2 strength training sessions incorporating push ups, lunges etc. on non cardio/HIT days. I suppose if you have Fast Exercise by Michael Moseley you could get the info there.

Fat beach diet lol!

Hi everyone,

I am on board (the surf board?) for the fast beach diet. I love the different ideas for tightening up fast days, and I completely agree with Mimi that the key is to extending the fasting window (the window of not eating at all). I have been struggling over the last 2 weeks to shift weight and I think it’s because I’m not truly going into the fasting state when I spread my calories throughout the day, and so I will be choosing the 2-2 approach!

I am just coming out of a fast now, but will be doing my first 2-2 from 2pm tomorrow. I love that I will get a full 24 hour true-fast (and easy peasy as I will be asleep for quite a bit of that ha!) but get to eat normally for a portion of both days. I think this is going to be much easier for me to stick to.

I have bought Paul McKenna’s ‘Freedom from emotional eating’ to help me when I am eating normally, as I have self-sabotaged with binge eating a couple of times and I definitely am not tuning in! It has a ‘listen while you eat’ track and I put it on with my meals and I really do pay attention and found myself not needing to finish the whole meal. I’m going to use Paul’s book to support my eating in between fasts.

Excited for next Mon weigh in!
    Jo X

Hi! I have started today/ yesterday. Decided to go with 5:2 just extend to maximum my fast windows. So I had last meal yesterday@7pm. Havent eaten anything till 1pm, when I had cup a soup 85cal. Now Im going to have 300cal dinner, which is usually quorn sausage&egg (easy to add up calories) Than not eating till morning. I will try to eat breakfast at 10am or later. Next 6 week I will give up alcohol on weekends but not tonic water:/ its just my life saver& I have only glass of it on fast day. Im also giving up sweets& cut diwn on white carbs. and i will cycle to work 2/3 times a week. Check up on me in two weeks;) good luck everyone!!! Goid luck to me 😀

Hi Jo and Maja

I already tend to run my fast windows from supper or evening snack to supper the following evening as I dont eat breakfast or lunch in fast days. I have that Paul McKenna book but not read or listened to you but the mindful eating is something I adopted from one of his earlier books. Definitely makes a difference.

Well today has been an interesting non fast day. I maybe didn’t eat enough during the day and did quite vigorous exercise at lunchtime again so was starving by dinner time tonight. Trying to stick to around 1800 cals on my non fast days and still had over 1,000 for dinner so had some crusty breads with my salad for dinner. Like you Maja was trying to cut down on white carbs but there was no whole meal or brown bread at the shops! I weighed out my portion before sitting down for dinner to make sure didn’t go crazy!

Still have around 100 cals left but don’t need anything right now! Might have a couple of square of dark choc before bed!

Hi detoxmanic! You’re going good, very impressed!
    I have finished my fasting today @ 10.30am:) Than had some wasa bread for breakfast with cheese, cucumber and tomatoes. for lunch I had spicy bean soup, which I havent had for long time. I found it very filling, so might go for it more often on non fast days;) I snacked on peanuts in the afternoon (find them very filling) but same as you I didnt have brown rice at home. Ended up eating quorn chilli con carne with white rice:/ oh well at least didnt go for any sweets& was drinking black coffee and water through the day!
    I will try to have now 16h window between meals and start day with early lunch at 11am. I am going to have busy morning, so probably will not notice hunger anyway;)
    Need to start my cycling to work routine, unfortunately have good excuse, rain… 😉 I will check scale on Friday after completing second fast day this week;)

Hi

Love peanuts but they have a tendency to make me cough!

Today is 2nd fasting day of the week for me and finding it a little tougher today. Not had anything yet and still trying to abstain until dinner. I think maybe the increase in exercise has made me hungrier than normal as usually am fine until late afternoon! Day off the exercise today for me as was delivering training course all morning and into lunchtime.

Going to make the recipe from the last fast diet e-mail newsletter – oven baked fish with spring vegetables. Just noticed that only about 190 calories though so maybe I can have an afternoon snack and/or some rice or potato on the side….or maybe some soup. Anyway got meeting in 15 mins so that will stop me eating!!

I started what I think is the Fast Beach Diet on Saturday. (I haven’t received the book, but am using a worksheet that I downloaded).

I thought I was already doing most of what was suggested, but when I tightened down on the Fast Day – no calories for 24 hours, then only 500 – and keeping the calories on the non fast days 500 below my TDEE, plus add an extra fast day, I was surprised at the results. I lost 3.8 lbs after my second fast day.

I guess that weight was just waiting to drop off.

I already do HIIT alternating with strength exercises, plus I commute nearly 10 miles on my bicycle.

I appreciate the extra motivation this Fast Beach Diet has given me. I started 5:2 in February and had lost my drive to stay on the straight and narrow in that last month or so. I need to lose only 5 more lbs, but the big task is to see if I can keep it off.

It gave me extra motivation too, lost it in december, put few pounds (around 4) back on and felt down, stuck between dress sizes;)
    Today I’ve managed stay off food till noon, so had a nice 17h break between meals, even its my non fast day. Had mushroom soup for lunch and I am stuffed! Not sure what to have for dinner, might go for chicken breast with brocolli.
    Tomorrow secind fast dat, which Im looking forward too. I never have problem with fasting, just need more motivation to shift that stone;)

Am still ravenous so have had a 22 cal corn cake. Off home soon to start making dinner 🙂

Staying in this weekend so trying to think of a nice healthy non fast day dinner to make for Saturday evening. Might go to the fishmongers and get some mussels or scallops as a treat.

I love that thought Amy – the weight was just waiting to drop off!

My weight is definitely waiting to drop off and I really shouldn’t make it wait much longer lol!

How is everyone getting on?

Must say I am definitely finding it tougher with having less calories especially on feast days with the increased level of activity at the start of the week. Quite hungry today….make that really hungry. Also have not managed to maintain the 5lb loss from Monday fast was up on that after my 2nd fast day on Wednesday……….

Cals so far this week

Mon – 449
    Tues – 1804
    Wed – 492
    Thurs – 1720
    Fri – ? but it is a fast day so will keep to the 500 cals.

Hi! Youre doing very good with calories;)
    I had good two fasting days this week& avoided sweets carbs on non fast days. Keeping calories low, snacking on peanuts, eating only homemade meals, drinking water, black coffee and diet tonic as a treat in evening. Very pleased with myself. Im stretching fast windows as much as possible, even on non fast days. Got another boost of motivation yesterday, as i stood on scale& unfortunately I have gained more than I suspected:/ (i haven’t checked fir a while as I was scared;) )
    Oh well, my target is still to lose 1 stone, thats realistic I think in time for July???
    Today challage is awaiting me: avoid evening/weekend wine& any alcohol!!! stone will not drop itself;) i think where i went wrong in past is over eating on non fast days, especially weekends& drinking wine, its making me snack a lot! :/

Well done on increasing the fasting windows. I am finding this plan is making me hungrier on non fast days so I am much more ready for breakfast.

I’ll be quite disappointed if I don’t lose 2-3lbs over the week but nervous as end of week 1 weigh in is Monday and I have two non fast days over the weekend so I may not end up with much of a loss by then !

Today was tough but then after late afternoon the hunger passed and I’ve just finished my dinner.

im finding it too, that on non fast days I feel more hungry, probably because I know Im allowed to eat & brain is playing games with me haha… I was fasting yesterday, but today ate breakfast @ 10.30! Which Im very proud of. I will try and start every day with lunch from now on.
    I will eat clean over the weekend and check scale next Thursday, after second fast day of week, to avoid disappointment;) I hope something will drop! I will be checking it weekly, as twice a week might be to stressful lol:d
    Im also drinking warm water with a bit of lemon instead of first coffee in the morning, it suppose to be good for our bodies;)
    Lets see what weekend brings. Weather is lovely so planning to eat lots if bbq meals;)
    Have fun!

Hello All,

Northants, UK lady here that has been on the Fast Diet since Mid Jan this year. I have lost 37lbs to date. I have done this by following 4:3, ((Mon, Weds, Fri Fast days) and sticking to 12-1500 cals on non-fast days. I do at least 40 mins walking daily and two Zumba classes a week. My fast days are salad 1pm and remaining cal dinner 7pm. I then break the fast at 11am on the feast day so getting 16hrs fast in daily.

I thought the weight would fall off rapidly as the this was a huge contrast from my previous cal intake. (I have always eaten healthy/good food choices but far too much). However, the loss has been slow: 1-2lbs weekly. Which I understand is the way to ensuring the weight is less likely to come back easily? I am keen to spend my last leg of the battle to hit target weight using the Beach Diet Plan but wondered if anyone here could advise me if it is very different from my current adaptation of the Fast Diet. I don’t want to make myself ill with being ridiculous about food. So far I’ve embraced the change the diet has brought to my life and could see 5:2/5:1 being a way of life for ever because of the ease and common sense behind it.

Happy Saturday folk. Warm and sunny in the UK this weekend so I might brave a pair of shorts (size 12) that I bought last week! Being 5ft 2ins and size 14-16 meant shorts was out of bounds for many years.
    Xx

Hi Claydo
    Nice progress, well done!!! The beach fast diet is no different from what you are doing now, so Im not sure how you could boost it up? It might be a case, that you are not delivering enough calories taking into account all exercising you’re doing. But Im not sure. There should be some posts in forum about it.
    Have you read fast exercise book?

Thank you Maja.

‘Not delivering enough calories’ wow! I must investigate this. I thought the exercise would burn the few calories I eat and force my bod to start using my fat for energy?

I will have to look around the forum for help as I have a fair amount of body fat and can’t believe it’s not melting at a faster rate!

The shorts will have to wait:(

I finished the first week on what I think the Fast Beach Diet is. (No book yet, just a worksheet).

I lost 2.8 lbs! I was glad to have the motivation to stick more closely to the calories consumed both on fast and non-fast days. I did add another day of fasting and have tried to exert myself a little more when exercising. It is easier when the weather is absolutely gorgeous.

Out of the 4 non fasting days, I was able to be strict on only 2 of them. (Before, I have been going bonkers just about every day.) 3 of the 4 fast days were right at or below the calorie goal. Before, all were over. That is an improvement.

I am tracking all sorts of numbers. Not sure what they will show after six weeks.

I can do this for 5 more weeks!

Claydo, I think the answer is in book. With exercise & weight loss is like with bonfire: without wood, it will just not burn (or sth like that) I dont know exactly, as I do not like exercising, so not looking into it;)
    What I found when i started 5:2 is I was eating less carefull on non fast days, started eating sweets again and dining out, which was forbidden for years;) but I was losing weight 2lb a week without exercising. Simply keeping 16h windows of fast every day& eating 300-500 cal on fast days. What lost me is not having 16h windows& skipping fast days.
    I will stick extra day of fast next week! And be good on the other days. Sorry I have to refuse to count calories, but I eat much less even on non fast days, as I get full from small portions of food;) thats my excuse anyway ha! I am making sure to eat food with low and medium GI.

Thanks Maja
    I see where you are coming from: keep my 3 fast days, keep my 16hour fasts going every day, eat a bit more on non fast days if exercising heavily:)
    I’ll try this week and see how it goes when I weigh in next Saturday.

Hey everyone!

Well weighed this morning and total loss for the week was 3.2lbs. Really happy with this as I put a lot of effort in to get this result! Even had a dry, alcohol free weekend as decided I’d rather have fruit than wine 🙂 I did have some bread and jasmine rice at the weekend but weighed my portions.

I tracked well every day except dinner at the weekend when I made a chicken massaman curry and didn’t bother to work out all the calories for the recipe/portion. Just guesstimated but it was a fairly healthy recipe and only used half a can of light coconut milk which is a change from the usual whole tin of the full fat version!

On Saturday morning after my 3rd fast I was at a 5lb loss but I knew it would go up again a little.

I see that app is now live on apple store so away to download that…..

Today is a fast day

Hello Everyone
    Just recently joined the 5:2 website. I’m starting my first fast day today. I’ve been doing LCHF which has been very successful but I can’t stand the food restriction anymore and I’ve become very unmotivated. Have read both the 5:2 and The Every Other Day Diet books and have just ordered the Fast Beach Diet which will be arriving tomorrow. I too need a boost in weight loss and I’m hoping the Fast Beach will give me some good ideas. I’m intending doing 4:3. I’m not classed as overweight (just) but I still need to lose about 16 pounds which will bring me back to the weight I was about 18 months ago, a weight which I feel comfortable with. I do a lot of long distance running as well and the recent weight I’ve gained has really had an impact. Just finding it so hard to shift the pounds at the moment due to lack of motivation. Hoping that a new type of diet will bring the motivation and incentive back. It’s great that I’ve found this forum. Good to chat and read about other peoples experiences and views, I find it very encouraging. Hope everyone is getting on fine with their diets 🙂

Hi
    Good result detomanic!!!! I will weight in on Friday, hope something will drop;)
    Im planning to squeeze 3rd day in this week, at least have 24h fast, that might be a key. I wasnt counting calories sat/sun. I know I should, feel guilty a bit. But what Im very proud of is I went alcohol free the entire weekend ( that’s success on my side) so automatically was eating less than usual and havent’t added any empty cal. Also had 16 hours window between last and first meal of the day. Will stick to it every day, fast or not.
    I also need to lose 16 pounds. I cant believe, that Ive gained 8, only because I was lazy to stick to 5:2. Regret that, but Ive lost it last year, I can do same this year;)

Well done Maja! Life’s too long for regrets – onwards and downwards that’s our new motto 🙂

Hi LittleRedPhoenix )))) I wish I only had 16lbs to lose. Good luck on getting your diet mojo back 🙂

Hi I am lorri68 and starting weight was 248lbs today im 226.8 lb its my first fast ever. I have tried every diet in the world but im a yo yo and I don’t want another fat summer. So im going to give it my all . wish me luck peps.

Im in yo yo for years and don’t want another fat summer with nothing nice to wear. Would love all your help and support to is my first fasting day.

Good luck Lorri and welcome aboard!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply.