The 30 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 30 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

This topic contains 96 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Chocolatier 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 97 total)

• Alright, homies. Here’s the idea. All you have to do is, weigh yourself weekly while following the 5:2 diet. But, you also have to workout a little every day. It’s over you to decide how long and what type your work outs are going to be. I have a stationary bike at home so I’ll try cycling anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour every day.
    Comment below with your everyday/weekly details if you want to tag along. You can log anything you want, your exercise type, duration, calorie intake.. Whatever.
    This is going to be your personal everyday diary for one month. And if it goes well, we’ll do one next month too..
    So, here are my details:

Starting weight: 159 lbs. (6th May, 2016 – Lost through general calorie intake control)
    Current weight: 150.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 99 lbs
    Exercise: Stationary biking, 30 minutes, moderate speed.

Your turn. ๐Ÿ™‚

(Inspired by Coda’s 42 day Challenge)

Hi Ais,
    Thanks so much for putting this up! I’ve been reading so much on here to keep me motivated but seem to have started at a bad time to join any. I am super excited as this is just what I need!
    I did start three weeks ago on the fast diet, though haven’t weighed myself yet as I wanted to be really happy with the results. I did start a few months ago and lost 4kgs but my daughter went to hospital and I stayed there with her and lost my way for a while with all the stress involved. So started back and feeling great. I have at the same time started doing a hiit workout everyday except Sunday which takes about 20 minutes. And treadmill or walk three times a week. So this is really perfect for me and I need the accountability and motivation.
    I’ll weigh myself tomorrow and put it down then. Is it okay if I use kgs? I’m in Australia and I have no idea with lbs.
    Thanks again and I’m looking forward to being a part of it.

Starting weight: 230.2lbs
    Current weight: 227lbs
    First Goal weight: 200lbs
    Exercise: Bodyweight training Mon-Fri. 30-45 mins

Hey, Lou.
    Great that you made a positive start… Losing 4 kg is great and if you’ve done it once, know that it’s in you to do it again and do it better.
    I lost 20 pounds through a mixture of differ dieting regimes last year but being a medical student made it worse through all the exams to not binge and I kinda gained it all back.
    You can use kgs, sure. Whatever you’re comfortable with. I used to consider kgs too but because every single lost pound makes me feel more motivated than having to wait to drop a kg and so I shifted to this particular system.
    All the best for tomorrow and keep us updated!

Hi Lumsy,
    I like how you’ve got short goals constituting the bigger one.
    Keep going at it and keep us posted!

Hi, I weighed myself this morning so can put it down now.

Current weight 72.7 kgs
    First goal 68 kgs
    Final goal 63 kgs
    Exercise hiit and walking/jogging

Fast day tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Good luck with it Ais and Lumsy.

Fast day yesterday went well, I was at home so thought about food more! Eating day today:), will log food so I don’t go over. Body weight training done.Good luck everyone

Fast day today. Not really hungry, which is great. Lots of water though, which I find is a big help.
    Did my 20 minute hiit too.

Good going guys.
    Alright so day 1 today.
    Starting weight (I.e. Weight at the start of this challenge): 68.4 kg
    I couldn’t exercise today.
    Thursday and Friday this week are fast days for me. My next weigh in shall be on Friday morning.

Goal weight: 45 kg

For my own convenience I shifted to kgs from lbs. I’m a little confused though. On my own scale, my weight appears to be around 68.4 kg, while on a friend’s scale it appeared to be 66 kg. Not sure which one to consider. :/

Ais how confusing with the scales. You must be tiny to be aiming for 45kgs? I’m 174cms or 5ft9.
    Good luck with today and tomorrow’s fasts. How do you find doing back to back fasts? Are they the two fasts for the week or do you do another one too? Just curious. Wondering about adding another fast but haven’t done back to back, though would be good to get it out of the way.
    In general I do Monday and Wednesday, or sometimes Thursday. So my main weigh in will be Thursday after my second fast as that is generally the lowest and that’s the number I want!
    So weighed in this morning at 62.4kgs. Down 300gms. Was hoping for more of a loss, but really just happy to be moving in the right direction. I’m going to Queensland on holiday in July and was really hoping to get down to 68kgs by then. Don’t know if that will happen or not but I’ve found with exercising regularly these last three or so weeks (before I started here) my body is feeling much tighter, so I feel like I’m looking better for my weight than if I wasn’t exercising. I think I would probably lose weight quicker without the exercise, but that’s not my only goal.
    Lumsy, I think that’s a great idea about logging non fast day food. I’m really good with logging fast days to keep track of exactly where I’m at, but need to really keep on what I’m eating on the other days too. It’s a bit more effort but I’m sure it’ll be worth it.
    Good luck to both of you. I’m sure we can totally smash our goals!!

Fast day today. Did an extra fd on Friday in the hopes to get this moving a little faster. Did 20 min hiit each weekday last week. Haven’t exercised over the weekend as I’ve been sick with a head cold and have had shocking balance, so taken a couple of days off to recover.
    Good luck Ais and Lumsy. How are you both going?

Fast day today. 50mins body weight training done๐Ÿ˜€ , I hope I don’t spend the day thinking about food. I am not really sure what day to weigh myself? My fast days are Mondays and Wednesday’s and this is my second week. I wasn’t sure last week so didn’t weigh myself. Lou I can see that you weigh after the second fast, that might be a good idea, I want the lowest number on the scale as well๐Ÿ˜€. Good luck Ais & Lou.

Hi, Lou!
    I’m hoping and praying your journey is far is going well.
    I weighed in on Friday and I’ve gone down from 68.9 to 67.5! I’m happy to be moving forward.
    Haha, yes I’m a petite girl. My ideal weight is anywhere between 45 to 50/55 Kg but just to be on the safe side I’m targeting toward 45, so that even if I gain back a kg or two, it doesn’t effect me a lot physically.
    I find back to back fasts easier to do, to be honest. I have done 4:3 schedules before and might do one this week too. Why don’t you alternate your 5:2s and 4:3s? It’ll be easier that way for you.
    Best of luck to you both for the next weigh in.

Hi Lumsy
    I’m glad to see you and Lou moving forward.
    More strength and power to you, I’m sure you’ll do great.
    I do my weigh in the morning next to my final fast for the week. In the morning and on an empty stomach so that my scale give the absolute accurate account of how much I’ve lost.
    Good luck to you both. I might and might not do a 4:3 this week. Tomorrow will have to be a fast day for me, let’s see how it goes! ๐Ÿ˜€

Fantastic job both of you!
    Lumsy I do recommend doing your weigh in the morning after your second fast, that’s when I’ve found the lowest weight which is what we all want! I hope your fast day went well yesterday or if you’re still doing it, not sure with the time difference.
    Awesome job Ais! That’s a great loss, what a great boost too. It makes such a difference to your enthusiasm when you can see a good loss on the scales!
    I think I’ll try the back to back fast today and see how it goes. If I can’t handle it I’ll do it tomorrow instead as originally planned. I find the day after the fast my appetite is so reduced that it might be easy today. I think I’ll add a third fast on and off like you suggested Ais, though just dependant on if I want a boost. I’m really keen to get below 68kgs by the end of the month if possible, so might even do 4:3 for the month. I’ll see, I don’t want it to be too hard.
    Anyway I’ll see how the b2b fasts go today. If I make it I’ll weigh in tomorrow instead as it will be after my second fast. Hoping to see a nice loss this week.
    Good luck Ais and Lumsy with your fast today. We can reach out goals! This is great to have you both doing this at the same time!

Hi guys,
    Did my b2b fast yesterday and Monday. It wasn’t as hard as I thought, similar to non consecutive days. Also did 20 minute hiit exercise.
    So weighed in this morning at 71.1kgs. Yay! Happy with that. Last Thursday was 72.4kgs.
    I’ll do another fast this week, not sure if tomorrow or Friday yet.
    I hope your fasts went well yesterday? Good luck with the rest of the week.

Good going, you guys.
    I’m so so happy seeing you guys move forward!
    Yay, Lou. So proud of you for your progress.
    I couldn’t fast so far this week. I guess I’ll just fast Friday and Saturday or maybe Saturday and Sunday. Whichever is easier.
    I do find back to back fasts the easiest. They say the lesser you eat, the lesser you feel like eating so yeah.
    I’ll update you of my progress possibly Sunday morning or Monday morning!
    All the very best!!

Also please ignore if my comments have typos in them. I use my cell phone for my posts and the autocorrect can be a shocker sometimes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Very excited. I did a third fast yesterday and when I had a sneak peek at the scales it was down to 70.4 kgs! Yay! I think the third fast really moved me a bit further down. Though I’m sure it will even out a bit by Monday.
    Yes Ais I agree about the being less hungry after a fast. As long as you can get past the idea you have to go another day. Good luck with the weekend back to back fasts.

Hi Lumsy, how are you doing?

My second fast day was in Wednesday, weighed myself yesterday and I hadn’t lost weight! I started strength training this week with heavy weights, could that be the reason ? I probably need to drink more and track my food on non fast days better๐Ÿ˜€ . I will do a third fast day today, shake things up a bit. Happy for you Lou and you are right Ais, you definitely don’t feel like eating loads after a fast day.

I am a little late but may I join you ?
    My goal at the moment is to loose 10 kg. I play golf walk and occasionally swim.

Welcome Magthehag, I too have a 10 kg goal. I have lost a couple since we started. Good luck.
    Lumsy, great to hear from you. I find I have a much better outcome when I am much more careful on my non fast days, at least most of them. I drink heaps of water too. I don’t know about the weight training effecting your loss, but it makes sense if you’re making muscle it weighs more than fat. But you’ll be looking great even if you don’t see a loss. If you take measurements you can see if there is a change without necessarily seeing a loss on the scales. I found doing the extra fast day really boosted my loss the last two weeks too, so I hope that helps for you too. Good luck.

May I join you ladies also? I am so inspired by your results!! Today is my first fast day. Coping well till now, though had a really bad headache in the afternoon.

Current weight: 161 lb
    Mini goal weight: 150 lb
    Target goal weight: 140 or 135 lbs?? (if I am able to reach that far!)

I haven’t done any exercise today since I came back from vacation today, so was busy unpacking. I have extensor tendonitis since last year so I cannot do any running or a lot of walk either. I will try the cross trainer or yoga as my exercise.

Welcome aboard Magthehag and MermaidTiya!! We look forward to hearing from you guys and seeing you progress. I’m sure we’ll all do absolutely great.
    Fast days for me this Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed!

Ypu will reach as far as you wish. You do seem like a dedicated person and you can ask anyone of us for any kind of help you need, with motivation or whatever.
    All the best. Let me know how yoga works out for you.

Thanks for the welcome, I have already lost some weight have made my fast days consecutive. Think I need to do better on my Non fast days

Thanks for the encouragement. Had my FD yesterday. It went well, but had lot of trouble sleeping! Was able to sleep only from 1-4.. have any of you faced this? NFD today for me.

Lou, yes, the muscle weight can definitely alter the numbers on the scale so don’t worry if the weighing scale doesn’t show numbers you want it to. You’re going well anyway, I promise.
    MermaidTiya, I haven’t but you might be experiencing them on times you feel hungry? Could it be that?

Hi All! Is it too late to join you? I am 2 weeks into the 5:2 .. Monday & Thursday are my fast days. I started workout out at a gym a couple years ago and although mobility and balance was my motivator (I have a form of muscular dystrophy) weight loss was a bonus until I hit a plateau about 6 months ago. When I saw this strategy on the Dr Oz show I knew it was one I could handle.
    Stats:
    Age – 55
    Height 5′ 5″
    Original weight – 219 (April 2014)
    pre 5:2 weight – 185 (June 1 2016)
    current weight – 181
    next goal – 175
    ultimate goal – 165

Because of the MD I need extra protein and until my daughter turned me onto Casein protein, I used to use protein shakes. Casein protein is slow release and makes you feel full longer … mixed with blueberries or a banana it is really good option for fast days.

Welcome Fyzer! I have just had one FD so far which was pretty easy. Today was my first NFD on the program and I could not eat all my TDEE calories!! Till Thursday I was binging and today I didn’t want to eat :).
    Ais, I was not hungry but restless. I am hoping that it will get better with time. I haven’t done any exercise till now. Will add exercise on my next FD and see if that helps with my sleep.

Hi Fyzer1960! So glad to have you join us! I see you’ve come a long way since you started your weight loss journey.. ‘So’ motivating! I’m sure you’ll keep doing great in the future too.
    I was about to suggest asking your doctor if you can take protein capsules but glad to see you’re already taking Casein.
    All the best to you!

Hi girls.. how’s it going with everybody? Anybody fasting today? I am! I finally started some (light) exercise :).. did 40 mins easy yoga yesterday and 20 mins elliptical and 20 mins weights today!!

On NFDs I am not much hungry, and if I eat more I feel guilty of eating so much, and today I am feeling hungry. Just had a poached egg with lettuce. I hope it gets easier now. I will do my first weigh in on Friday.

Welcome Mermaid and Fyzer, so glad to have you both along for the ride too! Hopefully it’s a lovely downwards ride scales wise for all of us!
    I hope those weekend fasters, Ais I think that was you, went well? And a few of us fasted today. I hope everyone went well. I try to just water fast until dinner and then have a decent dinner, though I often find I’m not that hungry by dinner time in the end. I’m planning back to back fasts again this week as I found it worked really well last week, then do my third one later in the week. I think I’ll continue doing 4:3 until I get below 68kgs or I go on holiday in July, as it seems to be helping me shift quicker and I’m not finding it hard anymore. I’m actually really happy with the mental changes I am making. Today was a public holiday in Australia and I thought it might be too hard with my family around, but I was not even tempted by what they were eating. I think seeing some success had helped and also realising that afterwards I would regret it. It just didn’t have as much power over me which makes me feel pretty happy with myself. I am grateful for this freedom and hope I can continue on for good not feeling so pulled by food. And I feel like I can!
    Mermaid about the not sleeping, for me I can get like that if I’m not physical enough. I have been doing my hiit but since I was sick last week I haven’t been walking or on the treadmill jogging, which I was doing at least three times a week, as my balance has been off. When I was getting more physically tired I slept much better. I don’t know if that’s the same for anyone else? But I’m keen to get back to it as I have really noticed a difference.
    Good luck this week everyone, I’ll probably weigh in after my third fd this week. It’s so great to have the motivation of doing this with others. Thanks for all your effort and encouragement and just being here.

Thanks Lou, they went well. I have a lot of dinners lined up till mid July so I might have to struggle with keeping my calories strictly under control but I’ll try.
    I weighed in today and I’m down to 66.6 kilos from 67.5! Yayy!
    I often save my calories for one hearty meal too.
    I’m thinking of going 4:3 this week. Let’s see how it turns out.

Have just finished my conservative fast days, no weight loss.Though I do find the day after is when I register my loss. Does that happen to anyone else?

Wow Ais.. congrats!! Seeing the numbers drop is so cool.

Magthehag, I also did not drop any weight after my Monday fast, which I think might be due to the weights I did which was a new activity for me. My body is retaining water and I feel bloated too. Keeping my fingers crossed for the water weight to shed and the scales to drop. I am thinking I should continue with whatever exercise I can squeeze in coz it will help me in the longer run. The body should get used to it in some time.

I have not faced sleep issues again – maybe coz I have been fairly active the last couple of days. I will be fasting tomorrow.

Hi ladies may I join you?
    On my second week of fasting and pleased to say have lost 7 pounds.Doing back to back fasting Mondays and Tuesdays.Exercising for half an hour at my son’s gym.He is working on resistance training.i want to tone my body up.Have a lot to lose.

Welcome Chocolatier.. 7 pounds is too cool!! I don’t know when I will see that figure. Daily exercise sounds good. Keep it up! I have some 20 pounds to lose and still on my first week.

Great loss Ais, that’s excellent, I agree with Mermaid, seeing the numbers drop is the best feeling.
    Welcome Chocolatier, happy to have you join. What an amazing first week! 7 pounds, wow! That’s a great start, I think it really helps if you have a great start like that as it helps keep you motivated and see how good and successful this can be.
    I finished my second b2b fast day yesterday. Only down from 70.4 on Friday to 70.1, but I’m still doing tomorrow and the third fast day really helped me drop more last week. Magthehag I don’t drop until the day after fast day too, I think that’s pretty normal.
    Mermaid I’m so glad the sleep issues haven’t continued.
    Have been continuing with my hiit but also finally got back on the treadmill yesterday for 45 minutes.
    Good luck to you all. Hope your fd or nfd’s go well the next few days. I look forward to hearing about them. ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you. I have a lot to lose.50 pounds so thinking this time next year should be at target if I can lose a pound a week.Doing it for health reasons too.Am a cancer survivor so this diets health benefits are great.

Wow Chocolatier.. hats off to you!! And one pound a week is a very decent target, which will be easy to maintain.

As for me, I have lost 2.6 lbs this week :).. Yay!! I wanted to weigh myself before my fasting day which would give me a better dependable figure. I am fasting today. Who else? How is it going? I just had a salad for 110 calories. Will now try to wait till 6-7 in the evening for dinner, though I am very inclined towards munching nowadays. And yes, squeezed in 15 mins of elliptical and 15 mins weight today.

Lou, for me also, 2 days back there was no loss and today I dropped 2.6 lbs. Just keep doing what you are doing and the weight will drop.

Chocolatier that’s a great goal, I know you can do it if you sick with it.
    Mermaid great job with a 2.6 lbs loss this week, that’s fantastic. I’m fasting today for my third fast of the week and hoping to see a further drop tomorrow. It’s dinner time over here in Australia and it’s such a great feeling to know I have got through another fast, just had an omlette for dinner, first and only meal of the day. I always feel so much lighter on a fast day and kinda proud of myself.
    Keep going everyone you’re all doing great.

A bit late, but joining you now if that’s ok. I want to lose 5kg ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome Wanda! Good luck with your 5kgs.

Yesterday I finished my third fast day this week. I was hoping to drop below 70 kgs, as I was 70.1 on Wednesday after my second fast day this week. When I stepped on the scales I have somehow put on 400g and am back up to 70.5 which is 100g higher than this time last week! Anyway I know these things happen, hopefully it will drop soon. Just a bit disappointing when I have been doing so well.
    Good luck to you all and hopefully no stalling for any of you. Have a great weekend.

I am not pleased:( I have not lost any weight at all! I am not sure where I am going wrong. I weighed myself on Thursday after my second fast day and nothing, so I have decided to fast today as well. This is the third week so fingers crossed my body gets itself into gear and the scale moves downwards๐Ÿ˜€

Oh Lumsy that is so frustrating! I really hope your fast today is going well and that you finally see a drop!

Well done Mermaid. I go with out breakfast then have Greek yoghurt with apricots and blueberries and have my evening meal about 6.All through the day I drink fizzy water with ice and lemon. Soda water or black teaser fruit teas.I find this stops you feeling hungry.Sip…sip…sip..Also walk about a mile a day.Starting my pilates class next Tuesday as well as my resistance exercises on Thursday.Hope these tips might help you ladies

Hi Lumsey have you taken your measurements?Sometimes you can lose centimeters but it doesn’t show on the scales.Make sure you have plenty of liquids on your f days that seems to help.

Great tips Chocolatier.. I have a cup of green tea as my bed tea and then just water. I squeeze half a lemon in a litre bottle of water – seems to stave off my hunger also quite a bit.

I am down 1 more pound today since Thursday! But I tend to eat more on NFDs, so a bit worried that this loss might not stay this much. I am planning to fast on Monday and Wednesday next week (hubby birthday on Tuesday).

Lumsey, have you not lost anything since 3 weeks? Strength training can be one of the reasons.. very likely that you are making good muscles these past weeks.. As Chocolatier has said.. maybe your measurements are dropping? Keep us updated! And keep up with the exercise.

My fasting day today.Strangely was looking forward to it after rather overeating at the weekend.Just had a fruit tea which tasted delicious.Just had a look in the fasting diet recipe book as like to plan my evening meal.Going for the allotment soup as the weather is wet and windy it is June after all.Will be having my Greek yoghurt and blueberries for lunch. My exercise will be walking today and some small hand weights.How is everyone doing.What are you eating today? If you are fasting today.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply.