The 30 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 30 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

This topic contains 96 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Chocolatier 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 47 posts - 51 through 97 (of 97 total)

• Chocolatier I feel the same about looking forward to fasting today after a weekend of eating a bit much.
    Today is my first fast day for the week. I just had a spinach, tomato and smoked salmon omlette for my evening meal, only one of the day. It’s one of my favorites as it’s quick to make and high in protein.
    Good luck everyone else who’s fasting today or tomorrow. Also on the nfd’s as I can find them a bit of a struggle to balance.

Hi Lou glad to here someone else thinks like me.Your evening meal sound delicious. I find on a fd everything tastes wonderful as if your taste buds have been magnified.The only thing I can say on a non fd have a drink before you reach for the food and try to stick to 3 delicious meals a day…something to look forward to.Well done and hope Everyone’s having a good day…

Went for a 45 minute walk today.Allotment soup is in the slow cooker.Smells divine can’t wait to try it . Haven’t made it before.Has everyone got the fast diet recipe book? Wouldn’t be without mine.Looking forward to my first Pilates session tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on.

I fasted yesterday. Please help me ladies.. I am just not able to control my grazing :(.. even on FD I keep on thinking food and its difficult to stay under 500 calories (I don’t feel like having much soups and all). And on NFDs, I am eating loads of food, that too mostly non-healthy. I have lost weight until now (3.5 lbs in 10 days), but not feeling happy since I am not able to control my hunger.

Wow MermaidTiya, 3.5lbs in 10 days is great! I am on fast number 2 and have found it really difficult today not to pick here and there, but just keeping positive. I’ve also been exercising a lot but like you I need to fight the cravings!

Same here Wanda.. I feel very peckish. My first fast was very easy peasy. The next NFD also. The 3rd day of the week, I started exercising (walks/weights/yoga – everything light) and I want to eat since then. On my NFDs, I tend to eat to the point where I feel I have overeaten, but can’t control before it getting out of hand. Maybe someone who has been longer into the diet can tell us that it will get better :).

Hi Mermaid a lot of this diet you have to get into your head.I am retired so it is easier for me.Today is my second fast day this week.Back to back so I get to relax for the rest of the week.Today I have walked for 30 minutes gone to pilates class which was great.Wentto see my mother who lives nearby.Now l am playing scrabble on my phone.I go without breakfast as 5 find it makes me hungry eating breakfast.I drink lots of black tea fruit teas and soda with ice and lemon.My tummy is rumbling now as I sip my soda water but I don’t feel hungry.The other thing I have got rid of temptation namely biscuits so anything you think you may nibble on put away call it your no go area and think to yourself it’s only for today then tomorrow I can relax.Hope this helps.

Thanks Chocolatier. I guess I have to work on my willpower more. I have also seen that if I graze on NFDs, then I tend to be in the same pattern on FD also. My days are quite long. I work from home and my office starts at 6:30 in the evening and can go upto 12-1 (maybe later also), but I am very positive about this diet. I HAVE TO make it work coz I feel this is the only diet I can cope with for long. Others always make the weight come back. I will start logging my calories for NFD and see if that helps, and ofcourse get rid of most of the in between meals snacking on all days.

Hi Mermaid glad to hear your positive reply.I just keep thinking of the health benefits too.I don’t want to be ill again.We can support each other and in a years time we will be all so much healthier and this fasting diet will be second nature.Going to have my allottment soup now.It turned out really tasty…lots of peppers onions herbs and tomatoes.

Hi ladies I have downloaded an app called MY NET DIET on Google play.Its free to download and is very helpful to keep track of calories and lots of other things to track your weight loss progress

Hi Mermaid, I understand what you mean, once you get started with snacking it seems to take over. I have had problems with this in the past too. I find now that I’m best to not eat anything on a fast day until my evening meal. Once I start eating I find it harder to stop. Also it is hard to have used all your calories too early. I think to myself, “You can last longer then you can have a lovely dinner.” I feel like I can last longer this way and then I can enjoy a really good dinner with more calories. My tummy rumbles but I don’t feel like I can’t make it. I do drink heaps of water. If I’m feeling a bit peckish or thinking about food I drink my whole drink bottle full, 600ml. Then I’m not as hungry as anymore. Sometimes I have a cup of bullion stock at 13 calories to get me by, but haven’t had to have that for a while but I think it helped me transition to just the one meal and only water.
    On nfd’s I started off not counting calories or anything, but now I have decided that I have to log it and work out the calories or I can’t eat it. That’s just so I will be mindful and think about it, otherwise it is too easy to have more than I should. But when I work out that each biscuit is 90 calories that I really can’t eat 6 like I might have done before! When I have to add that extra 90 cals each one it puts me of having more than 1.
    Many people on these forums also do 16:8 on nfd’s, and I have started to do that at least in my other weekdays that I’m not fasting. So I have my first meal at 11 or 12 with lots of water before, and then my evening meal before 7 or 8pm. I really try not to snack as well. Just plan myself two really yummy healthy meals. Yesterday was a nfd and I made a delicious dinner that I could have on a fd, zucchini noddles (made from 2 zucchinis), chilli, garlic, red onion, and 150 gms prawns and some olive oil. It was delicious and under 200 calories! I didn’t even want to have pasta instead, I finished my large dinner feeling very full, but with none of that regret you get when you feel a bit sick from being over full.
    I hope some of these things help. I have found that I do need to set things up for myself to succeed, like recording all my calories, on all days, or it can be easy to slip back into bad habits. Fast day for me today, good luck Mermaid and all of you.

Really helps to read all your tips and experiences. I am in India so my day has started now. I will let you all know how today goes. Lou.. The feeling of feeling sick because of overeating.. that’s how I am feeling since a few days :(.. will change that today :)!!!

Hi ladies.this is my 3rd fasting week weighed in this morning and have lost 2 pounds.Happy with that the pilates class was very enjoyable tones the body quite gentle but builds strength in your core.Will be going again next week.Hopeyouare all having a good week.If not will try to help

Hi ladies.. fasting day almost over.. 10 PM now.. it was much better than before.. Ate full 500 calories but feeling full.. had a salad and 2 egg whites (150 calories) for lunch, and dinner now for under 350 calories. Could manage only 20 mins walk today. Keeping busy is the key to push the eating time to as later as possible, and sitting at home doesn’t help. But I will try the same for my next fast also and keep myself as busy as possible. How was your day? Thanks for the boost yesterday.. really needed it!

So glad you had a better day Mermaid Tiya.The longer you resist eating the better it is.Not fasting today but really not eating the vast amount I used to before 5:2.i actually feel full.Perhaps my stomach has shrunk!!!

Good for you Chocolatier! Its an awesome rainy morning today here and I am loving it :). Checked my weight (I had told myself I won’t weigh myself the next day after fast day but forgot) and it shows 155.4!!! Yoohoo! Will try not to eat between meals today!

Brilliant news.It really does change your attitude to food.

Great job Chocolatier and Mermaid! That’s awesome to see a drop!
    Ais, Lumsy and Wanda how are you all going? Lumsy I hope you are finally losing? It is super hard to be holding when you are working so hard.
    I have been super vigilant this week after last week’s weight increasing despite three fasts and being good in between! I did Monday and Wednesday fasts with Tuesday under 800cals, and yesterday I made the mistake of steping on the scales to find 70.5 again!! How is that even possible? Anyway, did another fast yesterday and finally this morning I have broken into the 60’s just, with 69.9kgs. I think I needed to be drastic to move. So now my tummy has really shrunk and last night I didn’t even eat my whole evening fast meal as I had had enough! It feels really good to listen to your body more instead of eating at prescribed times from habit. Planning to keep up the 16:8 on my non fast days when possible. Going out for dinner tonight so just having a light lunch today, so my calories will still be under tdee.
    Good luck everyone and hope to hear from those we haven’t for a while. Have a great weekend and be mindful in your eating. That’s my new mantra, being mindful, I think it’s a good thing to keep in mind in all aspects. Pretty sure I read it on these forums somewhere and it has stayed with me.

Great job Lou.. finally 60s! It does suck to be doing everything right and the weight just not budging. Have you measured yourself lately? Maybe you are dropping inches. I measured myself after 2 weeks (can’t believe its already 2 weeks since I started 5:2)…. and I have lost inches :).. I just hope its not muscle loss!

Hello everyone, great reading all your posts , very encouraging . I weighed myself today, finally lost 2 pounds 😀😀. It has been so tough carrying on even when I couldn’t see the scale shift ! Hopefully the downward trend continues. Looks like my body has finally made the necessary adjustments , I just wish it would hurry up, LOL.

Well done Lumsey O. 2 pounds is a great result.I expect you have lost inches too.Don’t know about you but eating between meals has subsided since being on this diet which was a major factor in my weight gain over the years.If I want a snack usually have 10 pistachios which I know are 80 calories instead of half or even a whole packet.Drinking more too.Really feeling more mobile as I have now lost 9 pounds in total!

Hi all, very encouraging reading your posts. I weighed myself and I have lost 1.5lbs….however difficult to know if this is due to my cycle since my new cycle started the first weigh day…lets see what happens next week 🙂

Well done everyone

Thanks Mermaid, yes I am super happy to see the 60’s again, hopefully this downward trend will continue! I did measure myself and did notice a decrease the last week even though the weight went up. This week is the same, but hoping the losses will continue to come. I am happy for this whole 10kgs to take a few months, but was really hoping to jumpstart the first few to make a big difference to how my clothes fit. As long as I keep going I know I will see results whenever they decide to join me! 😉
    Lumsy I am so happy for you! Yay 2 pounds, that is great. I hope it continues at a regular pace now. Great work and keep it up.
    Chocolatier that’s great you ate making changes in your snacking, I think this 5:2 gives us a chance to really look at what we are doing that isn’t really working for us and make the changes. Great job on the 9 pounds so far, that really would make a difference to how you feel.
    Wanda congratulations on your 1.5 pounds, that is a fantastic loss. It is so great to see everyone losing. I’m so happy for all of you, for all of us I suppose. Keep it all up everyone.

Hi guys. I’m so sorry for not having kept up with the thread. I’ll have my weigh in on Monday since I decided to have Saturday and Sunday this week as my fast days. I still have to catch up with you all’s previous posts. I just wanted to know if you guys are up for a round 2? We’ll have a 45 day challenge, starting July 15th and ending August 31st. Also on the 30th of June I’d really appreciate if you all could post your starting weight (the day you started this challenge) and the weight you are on the 30th June’s morning.
    Can’t believe this is our last week of this challenge. It was so awesome having you all join me in this amazing journey!

Hi AisS94.Sounds like a good idea.Loving the diet at the moment.The pain in my hip is almost gone due to carrying too much weight and my movements are so much easier.
    Always up for a challenge will post my starting weight and present weight on June 30th . I am sure we have all done well.

Definitely up for it:). I am thinking of taking up cross fit training, fingers crossed !

Great to hear from you Ais, good luck with your weekend fasting.
    I’m in for the next challenge and it’s actually perfect timing for me too. I’ll be away on holidays to see family from the 4 th to the 14 th. Even though I plan to continue it won’t be as easy as at home as there will be many family gatherings. On the 15 th I’ll be back home and raring to go.
    Hoping with this next challenge I’ll be able to pick up some more exercise maybe. I have been very regular with my 20 minute hit, but my running went to the side when I was having some balance issues after a cold so I am keen to get back into that.
    My plan for this week is Monday, Tuesday and Thursday fasts. Next challenge I’ll probably do mainly 5:2 instead of 4:3, but it has been good to have a kick start a bit like the fast beach diet, just for a short term.
    Anyway excited for the next week and for the new challenge with all of you too.
    Have a great weekend and fast or not fast days!

I am “thinking” of doing a fast day today.. its 11AM here and I have just had 1 cup of tea till now.. I have an upset stomach since 2 days. has anybody experienced an upset stomach (no constipation and no loosies.. but just stomach pain and indigestion feeling.. sorry if TMI..) in the start of this diet? I generally never have many issues with my digestion so quite uneasy since couple of days.. it seemed like my gut is resetting according to this WOL.. Feel a little better today so thinking of fasting today..

Ais.. another challenge sounds great! I am down 5.5 lbs in 2 weeks so I am continuing this for sure!!

Sorry to hear that.I find plain yoghurt helps you digestion.Have some at lunch as part of your fast.You could add fruit if you wish.Perhaps something you ate yesterday upsetting you.
    Hope this works for you.

My 2nd day of fasting today.Found it hard yesterday.Had some snacks and went over my 500 calories .See if today’s any better.Looking forward to my Pilates class today.Tones and relaxes the body.

Lost another pound today.This is the day after 2 days b2b fasting losing inches too.Feeling so more agile.Walking and my walking has speeded up too.How is everyone? You are all very quiet.Pilates is great really enjoying it

Hi Chocolatier, that’s great with another pound! Fantastic job! I just finished a b2b fast too. I think I’m really stuck at the moment. I weighed in this morning at 70.4 again. After barely any calories for two days! Last week I cut right back, had the three fast days and one other day that was under 800 as well. Then my other three days I was good too, adding everything into my fitbit app staying under 7000 cals for the week thinking it would give me a real boost! Have had the two fast days totaling 720 cals. My only thought is that I have stalled around 70 kgs before, a few years ago I lost the same 10 kgs I am trying to get rid of now. I stayed around 70 kgs for three or four weeks while following the same plan as the weeks before ( diet shakes with one evening meal). It was so frustrating but did eventually shift. I really thought all those 4:3’s I did would really help. I feel that I just need to keep going but am frustrated. My measurements haven’t moved the last couple of weeks either. So while I’m happy to keep going, after my super strict week and not having had breakfast for weeks, having one evening meal on fast days, and trying to do 16:8 the other days, I had a fresh muffin for breakfast this morning! I have been staying clear of starchy carbs but I can’t be this strict for too long, makes it too hard. If I’m getting results from being super strict then it’s more rewarding. I was hoping to get into the high 60’s before I went away next week. I’m really hoping this is just a plateau that will shift soon, as after two fasts if I’m up while being strict then I don’t know how I can lose on 5:2 which is what I was planning to shift back to next week.
    Anyway I’m frustrated but hopeful. I do feel like I am looking better, 7 kgs is still a fair bit to lose. Also I’m not feeling like as much food as before,I’m stopping when satisfied instead of finishing,so I’m happy with that.
    Sorry I’m rambling a bit. It’s late here! Good luck everyone, you’re all doing great. I know this will work for all of us if we hang in and keep going. Ups and downs are all part of it.

Hi Lou sorry to hear you are stuck weight wise. I think you are being too strict with your calories 7000 calories doesn’t sound enough.On your non fast days relax and have a few treats . I’m not saying go overboard but this diet works because you are shocking your body on fast days whereas your non fast days are not much different to your fast days.I have a piece of chocolate or a cheese scones on my non fast days.Too many restrictions all week do not work.Hope this helps.Will be posting my results tomorrow.

Yes it didn’t work well for me did it? I don’t normally limit my cals that much on nfd’s, just trying to get a boost, but I’m not going to do that again. I think I’ll just take it easier. Thanks for your advice Chocolatier.

Hi everyone, I will be joining the new challenge. Somehow I have managed to lose 3lb’s since starting on the 17th June! Now down to 74.1 which is my lowest in a long time…goal weight is 70kg

You’re welcome . I’ve made the same mistake myself in the past and then you start feeling deprived of some of your favourite food.Good luck in the new challenge

Well done Wanda.I will be joining the next challenge too.Have a lot to lose.

My starting weight on 10 June 2016 197 pounds
    Today 30 June 187 pounds (10 pounds loss)
    BUST:2 inch loss.
    WAIST 2 inch loss
    HIPS 3 inch loss
    NECK 2 inch loss
    Really pleased with this change.
    Hope everyone does well.Willstartthe new challenge on the 15th July.Keep going ladies

Wanda that’s great 3lbs in under a couple of weeks. Glad you will be staying on for the next challenge.
    Chocolatier wow that’s an incredible loss in 20 days. I’m so happy for you!
    I weighed in this morning and was the same as yesterday 70.4. I have gated today so hoping that number will move down a little again then.
    So started
    72.7kg now 70.4kg 2.3kg loss
    Waist lost 3cm
    Hips lost 3cm
    Thigh lost 1cm
    So all up I’m really happy with the results. When I write them down like that they look great. I’m going to stop being so hard on myself.
    Thanks Ais, I really needed this challenge and some others to be accountable to and to get advice from. Thank you all for that and looking forward to the next challenge! I hope you are all happy with your progress.

Great results Lou.We are all travelling in the right direction down down down.Before this fast diet I was putting on weight all the time so even if I remain the same one week I won’t beat myself up as even a standstill is an improvement to gaining.

Hi just checking in on our break. I did go back down to 70.0 on Friday morning after my fast. On holiday in Queensland now and thought I would fast Monday while traveling as I am staying with family, ands did really well until dinner which was over 500, but happy that I made an effort as I probably won’t be able to fast easily until I head home late next week.
    Just wondering how Ais,Lumsy and Mermaid did with the challenge? Hope you are feeling happy with how you have done and are all in for the next one.
    Good luck in the break and looking forward to the next one and to keep losing and supporting each other.

Hi Lou hope you have a good holiday.
    I have fasted yesterday and today.Feeling good and definitely up for the next challenge on the 15th I find the support everyone gives me a boost to carry on.Its a long haul former. Souldern reach my goal weight in April next year.Then I will continue by maintaining by fasting just one day . That’s my plan anyway.
    Signing off now till the 15th. Hope you will all continue with the programme.

Hi everyone, round 2’s thread is up. Hope you all can join in this time, too.
    Love and hugs.

Hi AisS94.Sounds yes looking forward to the next round I am with you.

Just weighed in after my fasting day.Lost 2 pounds so happy with that.I am going to fast again on Thursday as back to back fasting I am finding a little difficult.Wanting to eat more at the end of the fasting day.
    Pilates today my instructor is unable to take the class as she has had an operation on her hand so she suggested I do my pilates in the garden.Will do this should be enjoyable as the weather is lovely today.
    Hope to hear from some of you soon.Take care.

Hi Chocolatier, I fasted Monday too. Am also giving my back to back fasts a break. So Monday and Wednesday this week. I was finding I was really hungry by the second night too. I also read that your body gets a longer break when you do separate days, instead of overlapping, so happy to give myself a break. Hadn’t lost any when I stepped on the scale after yesterday’s fast though. Hoping I’ll shift a bit after Wednesday’s fast.
    I thought we were just moving over to the other thread now, but I don’t really know.
    Great job and keep it up!

Yes I am on the new thread now Just have a look for it.This is the old one.

Viewing 47 posts - 51 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply.