Thank you

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am new to the forum, I have been on this diet since the 12th of October 2013 to date I have only lost 1 kilo. This has been very disappointing, the only reason I am still on it is due to this web page encouraging me to keep at it.

I am 51 not that much over weight and go to the gym about 4 to 5 times per week. I promised myself I would stay on this diet till Christmas and then I will see what is happening. I have about 5 kilo to loose.

So yes I have been very disappointed but see these forums are so useful and encouraging. Thank you to all the fasters out there.
    Keep it up

Hi Benner

Welcome! 🙂

I can understand that you would feel disappointed about only losing 1 lb. If you have had a good look through the forum, you would have seen that some others also have a slow start. This may be the case when you don’t have much to lose.

You may be losing fat and inches but not weight – your %body water may have increased if you are drinking a lot more. Have you taken your body measurements, and checked how those tight pair of jeans feel?

The advice is to give this WOE at least 6 weeks – sounds like you will be doing this 🙂

Have you calculated your TDEE (note – underestimate your activity level) so that you can make sure you don’t exceed this on non-fast days? 🙂 You may not need to count calories exactly, but you do at least need an idea of how much you are eating – it can be easy to have to much (don’t we all know that!!).

Perhaps try to limit the white/sugar carbs – tho noting that one of the premises of this WOL is that you don’t have to deprive yourself.

Very best wishes as you go on this journey – I hope you continue to find the forum supportive 🙂
    Sassy

Hi Benner stick at it, sure you will lose more soon.
    All the best.
    Elaine 🙂

keep going.x

So basically you have 5kg to lose and lost 1kg of that in the first 1,5 month of this diet. So you should lose the remaining 4kg in the next 6 months (at MOST). Is this something you can live with? If yes, keep going and go strong! 😀 If not, swap out your workouts (HIIT in a fasted state works very well), try 4:3 or cut down calories on normal days.

Also Sassy gave some good advice, so read through that as well 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.