The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

This topic contains 11,627 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,751 through 7,800 (of 11,673 total)

• It’s hard when we have visitors, isn’t it. Our son is here now, so we went out yesterday with family. I ate about a third of my meal, rather than leaving a third as I did on Thursday. Pretty stodgy choices for vegetarians, so gnocchi didn’t go down well.

Luckily, he’s meeting some old colleagues for a catch up tonight, so husband and I can fast today. Then we can have a final, healthy meal here tomorrow before taking him to the airport ready for his early flight back to the States on Wednesday.

I did a test weigh with my pjs on yesterday. The same with as without,,so no stripping off before the heating kicks in. πŸ˜€

Pol

Polly,

I’ve also weighed my pjs, and my ‘cup of tea in bed’!

…and I shiver naked (open window, fan at end of bed) while I rush to the loo and back to the scales, before I put on my dressing gown (though I do know it weighs exactly 1lb 6oz – but you never know, there could be a tissue in the pocket…Are we sad, ladies? Never!!

And don’t forget to shave your legs first! πŸ˜€πŸ˜‡.
    Pol.

I keep wondering how much extra the plaster on my arm weighs ☺

Good God! You mean you don’t know!!!! 😳
    Surely your OH could work it out for you….

I haven’t asked. Hard enough getting help with everything else 😐
    Still, sudden hot weather made fasting a ‘dead sack’, as we used to say. P

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Having coffee after yesterday’s carb free fast. Lost a kg and intend to keep it off by being essentially free of all white stuff and processed food. Making up for the last 10 days of feasting and celebrating with family and friends. Had a ball and very grateful to have a fortunate life. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ·πŸ·πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ.

Very little weight gained considering the amount of celebrations. Now down to Earth, washing floors, bathrooms and weeding the garden. Our beautiful garden rose to the occasion, with pink and white roses, lavenders, rhododendrons, leucodendrums, yellow, white and pink daisies, ranunculus and little violas of every colour. Rocket, spinach, cress are all flourishing. We are having a wonderful Spring. The apricot trees are covered with green fruit. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Purple, the good old Trousers of Truth will do the trick for you. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ I didn’t weigh at all during the week of celebrations. You will be fine. Break the addiction. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺

Well done Bay 😊 You are a natural.
    Your garden description is so evocative, I can imagine sitting under the shade, cold riesling in hand, watching the bees flitting amongst the flowers. 😊P
    PS (we crossed over)
    I’m fine weightwise Bay…58 kgs…it’s hard to eat one handed and I can’t open jars or packages (but can just manage a wine bottleπŸ˜‰)
    I’m limited to which pants to wear, so the tight ones (trousers of truth) are impossible to do up with one hand πŸ˜‘ P

Hello all! I am looking for advice and a chat about maintenance. I have been on the 5:2 for about two years now, dropping only four to six kg in all that time. But I wasn’t that overweight to start with. I am 5 foot 7 or 171cm, used to weigh 66kg, now weighing 63kg, and pretty fit – not a gym junky but I do go to the gym and I do quite a lot of walking. i only want to lose one kg but seem to be totally stuck over the last five weeks. Has anyone else had that problem? It’s like my body is going, you don’t need to lose that. And it’s true. But I would like to. I also want to hit that goal weight so i can shift to 6:1; ive had enough of fasting two days a week. Any thoughts welcomed:)

Hi Purple

You are spot on. The bees are everywhere in the lavenders and it’s a delight to sit out of an evening. 🌺🌺

Roblynne

I cannot answer for others, but for me 5:2 has been essential in retraining my eating habits. Both in portion size and in type of food eaten. I will need to fast two days a week for ever. To me 5:2 with intermittent fasting is a Way of Life, not a diet. I love my fast days more than my non fast days. I have more energy and achieve a great deal on fast days. I dont think about food or its preparation. I make an omelet with mushrooms and bacon for OH and salad, and that’s it for the day.

You give no background on your eating habits. Have your eating habits changed during your weight loss? If not, you will regain the lost weight. Most of us have found that regular 5:2 retrains portion size and type of food eaten. Treats are just that, eating sweet foods once a week or less makes weight manageable.

A goal weight is a mental magic number to keep you focused. If it works for you, keep aiming for it. If it has lost its usefulness, then drop it. Being within 1 kg of goal weight, you have reached maintenance. Just keep doing what you have been doing until you have maintained your new weight for over a year.

You may be different, but most of us try 6:1 only to find we regain weight very slowly. It is important to jump on any weight gain as soon as it happens. I weigh and record weight each morning that I can. My weight fluctuates within a 1-2 kg range. Any more than that and I am in trouble. My way of losing weight while in maintenance is to give up all processed foods, and all white foods such as rice, pasta, bread, sweets, for a few days until my desired weight is reached again.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hi Roblynne
    Losing the extra kg or so when you are close to goal is the toughest. You need to tweek something. Many of us find that cutting out white carbs can make a big difference. I also try to limit my wone intake to one glass per session thwse days. Stick to healthy protein, leafy veg, full fat dairy and the occassional low gi carb and skipping breakfast whenever possible are some thoughts.
    I’ve been 5:2ing for 3 1/2 years (2 1/2 at goal weght) and I find it easier to aim for 2 fasts a week…it’s just part of life now…and it resets my appetite. As I went into this for the health benefits of fasts, I still see them as important.
    All the best PVE

Ha ha! We crossed over again Bay! I totally endorse everything you are saying 😊😊P

Bay, your garden sounds beautiful! Over here in SA we have had an amazing (for us) amount of rain in winter and spring and the gardens here just look stunning! The roses are amazing – huge, bright, perfumed. Bliss!

Roblynne, I am same height and similar weight, also a gym goer but not a junkie. I started 5:2 at 70kg and my goal was 65kg. I got there reasonably quickly and easily so just kept going. I’m now always between 58 and 59. Some Monday s(FD) I could be slightly over 60 if I’ve had a really naughty weekend!

As soon as I went below 60 I thought that was def thin enough and some say too thin, so went on to maintenance which for me is 6:1. I’ve been on maintenance for at least a year, I wish now I’d kept records of when I reached all these milestones because I forget!

Bay and Purple are right – White carbs and sugar(for me) are the culprits. If you want to lose another kg I suggest you have NO carbs in the form of grains or sugar at all (including fruit) for a few days (you may not be able to cope for long) and you should find that will give you a real kick start.

I find once I’ve lost it it’s not hard to keep off with regular vigilance but you just need to lose that extra kg first.

Best of luck!

Hello and thanks for all this helpful discussion. I really appreciate it! It is annoying to put in effort and get no response; and fasting itwo days a week always an effort for me – I enjoy just one day though. I bet the carb thing is true but I just can’t resist heavy whole grain organic bread. I don’t drink alcohol, but I do like small sugar hits. So I’m a mixed basket. I will just chip away a little at the nonfast days indulgences, and try to get in enough exercise, particularly swimming which always helps my body balance itself. Someone was talking about a trigger weight , presumably that helps you know when to return to 5:2 – how does that work? I live in a humid subtropical climate and just fluid retention can bounce me around by a kilo, so I’d love to her how you guys have set a trigger weight. Apologies for any errors in message – on tiny keyboard

Roblynne,

I’ll echo Bay Purple and Caro. Im a very big advocate of eliminating grain based carbs and sugar, I don’t think they are healthy for you at all. So you need to examine what you are currently eating and change something. So describe a typical days food intake. What exactly does “organic” bread mean? You want to lose that last kg stop eating bread and sugar. It really is that simple. Im of Italian heritage and I gave up bread and pasta. I no longer miss those foods.

Keep doing the same thing and you will get the same result. Try this, swap over to 6:1 now but your one fast day is water only. Brace yourself and do it for the next two weeks. Try it and see what happens. I hit my weight target in March and swapped over to 6:1 and its been a water fast. takes about a month to get used to, becomes easy after 6 months, well at least for me that’s how long it took.

Good luck.

Robyn, by trigger weight we mean our maximum weight. Mine is 60kg. If I get to that, I put in extra effort to allow a kg or 2 of “wriggle room”. P

Organic bread is from certified organically grown grains, not that they say that makes much difference in terms of health, but it just happens to be the bread I like, which is wholemeal flour and multiple whole grains and weighs a lot! I’m not really an aficionado of the deleting things from my diet, have seen so many research rollercoasters while I’ve placidly kept eating my butter cheese and eggs, and now my whole grain bread. In truth research on human health is always a bit dodgy as we are hard to effectively control, live for ages, and cost a fortune to run tests on. However I do think we are better off away from too processed white carbs and that the new research on sugar is pretty definitive. I will still however have honey on toast, a small piece of cake, a scoop of ice cream, even if it’s not optimal. I try to get as much veg as possible.
    We had a visiting body scan machine and expert operator at the gym a month ago who said I was bang on the right weight at 63kg but I needed to lose 1kg fat and gain 1kg of muscle! Good if I could do it…quite a fine balancing act. I feel like it’s easier just to lose a kg to get that fat off.

Hi, Roblynne, I’m a new maintainer, having lost 22lbs in four months on 5:2 with my husband having lost 3stone.

We rarely eat bread or potatoes now. I would never have imagined giving up potatoes, but as PVEsaid, it’s about retraining our appetites. We had a holiday in the middle of the main diet, so did have wine, but we were still careful, without making a fuss. Now I allow myself a bottle between Saturday and Sunday. Ditto ice cream.

I weigh every other day, aiming for a pound either side of my target 133. I don’t want to lose more.

The gang on this thread are very helpful.
    Pol

Hi Roblynne It sounds as if it’s tough going for you at the moment.
    Everything everyone has said is true – this takes determination and discipline! But would it help you to know that many of us have one designated ‘feast day’ a week, when all rules are suspended and all indulgences permissible? It means cravings can be borne, knowing they can be indulged in a few days’ time, and it can be useful in kickstarting metaboliam. But nb 3 rules: everything is permisible, but in reasonable amounts’; it’s one day only; and you do it properly – fast, keep off the carbs and control portion size – the rest of the week.
    Hope that helps

Hi Roblynne,

I can’t really add anything to what the others have already said, except to confirm that for me too reducing processed/refined carbohydrates and added sugar is key to weight loss and maintenance. I largely avoid bread, pasta, rice and added sugar during the week, but relax my eating at the weekend (which coincides with an increase in activity). And I have to say I feel healthier on the bread and sugar-free days so it’s not a sacrifice or a hardship (in fact I wonder why I ‘treat’ myself at the weekend – it’s certainly not a treat for my body!).

1kg is not a lot, and given how little you had to lose, and how long it took you, it’s not surprising that last kg is slow to go.

I’m afraid I would be surprised if you can switch to 6:1 to maintain, unless you change something else, because it sounds like you are currently maintaining on 5:2 (so when you start eating more it is likely that you will gradually put weight back on).

Except that you eat bread with sugar on it, don’t drink, and eat veg, you haven’t said much about your eating habits so none of this might apply! However, you could shake things up a bit by skipping breakfast some days, or having occasional bread and sugar-free non-fast days?

It really depends on how badly you want to get to goal!

Hi Roblynne,

Im fully aware that research into diet is fraught with conflicting science. However there is a common theme with those in the maintenance section, we tend to avoid processed grains, rice and sugar. There is clue right there. I know that many on this journey don’t agree with my view of processed grains apart from many that are in the maintenance section. Another clue. The difference between white bread and brown bread with bits in it is very minimal. On a glycaemic index if white bread is given a rank of 100, brown bread with bits has a value of 96. Not a lot really is it.

Its OK if you don’t want to give up bread, everyone has a “vice”. I love too much cheese. Under no circumstances would I give cheese up. OK if you don’t want to give up bread, you need to change something else, right? Do the same thing and its illogical for the results to be different. Right? So what are you prepared to change?

BB,

Nope, sorry, I have to disagree with you!

There is no such thing as ‘too much cheese’. It’s one of the essential food groups 😁

πŸ­πŸπŸ€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸ­πŸπŸ€

Happy,

Thank God cheese doesn’t spike your blood glucose is all I can say. πŸ™‚

I’m with you there Happy, although I actually went cold turkey on cheese for the year it took to lose the 28kg. What it did was reduce how much flour I ate (bread and biscuits )
    I am now more restrained and selective with my cheese consumption, but it will always be my favourite food. 😚P

Mmmm…I’m willing to “gorge myself on blue” for science!
    9pm currently and no food since 12:30. Not a fast day….we’ve just been busy (and stuck in city traffic ) I need cheese!!

Last week I met a largish lady at my ‘wrinkilie aerobics’ group, who was bemoaning her inability to lose weight, and anticipating putting on more during a few days in France. I suggested a couple of frugal eating days (didn’t say ‘fast’ , so as not to frighten!) before she went, to give her some wriggle room, and she informed me coldly that I was too slim to know anything about it, and froze me out of the group conversation.
    Today I found myself next to her, and thought to build bridges, so enquired how was France. ‘Wonderful – but far too many croissants, put on 3lb. ‘. I made soothing noises about occasional treats, losing it now she’s home, etc, and she said ‘well, in theory I do this two days a week fast thing – but it doesn’t really work, does it?’ !!!!**!!!!!

There’s a clue there! I did say that many people, including me, found it worked very well, but it does take time and discipline and can be tough.( I hope I wasn’t patronising or didactic). Response: ‘is that what you did? Well you’re far too thin, and need to put on some weight: I wouldn’t want to be as thin as you – sniff’!

As so many have said – it’s all about what you really want, and some people will never get it!

Fastslow, yes it’s so hard to hit the right tone with people, I guess because we’ve discovered such a great thing, which really gives you a handle on weight, we try to share it…but weight is such an emotional thing for people. It’s easy to hit the wrong button. I agree about the extra rigorous fasting before travel, I went down to about 61.5kg before going to the USA and spending September without a fast. Then put on 2kg over there, leaving me on the current plateau. If I was travelling alone or with my family, I just would have kept up the 6:1. But because I was staying with friends and family, all of whom love to cook for me (they killed a hog for me LOL) I decided it as more important just to share meals with them. Which it was. Worth the minor frustration of chipping off a little weight now I’m back:)
    Thanks again everyone for the thoughts – I think I’ll set a trigger weight at 64kg and if I ever see that on the scales I will go back to 5:2. If I see 60 I will stop fasting altogether. And I will look for a 62 goal weight on the morning after a fast, so I have a working safety margin, before shifting to 6:1. I suspect my body has decided it is about right as it is, which is pretty close to true …I just need a bit more muscle and a bit less fat, quite a hard trick to pull off, because you need a fair bit of protein to build muscle, about one gram per kilo of body weight. Quite tricky to do that while fasting, so I don’t want to sustain 5:2 for too much longer. I bet you are right about carbs in some ways – though they contribute a lot to my sense of wellbeing, if I replaced them with vegetables it would speed up this last phase and take me off plateau. But I shall linger here, munching on buttered toast, for just a little longer.
    Good night!

Oh BigBooty, just read your post (sorry I’m on catchup here). I’m not sure what you mean by brown bread with bits, mine is a wholegrain wholemeal multigrain brick, I hear there are some dodgy brown breads that are just coloured white bread, maybe that’s the kind you refer to? Mine would be more like the one on the Harvard GI list here with a GI of 50, but Harvard doesn’t put any bread at the 100 you cited, so not sure about that.
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods
    Whole grains do have a recommended daily minimum intake, but I’m sure you are aware of the whole debate, and food debates are a bit wearing so let’s not go there! Just wanted to correct the GI thing.
    Good night again:)

Hi Roblynne,

I don’t know whether my story will encourage or discourage you. It has taken me 3 3/4 years to lose 17 kilos (roughly 4.5 kilos a year), with several plateaux lasting up to 6 months. In other words I’m the slowest loser on the planet. It’s not as if, unlike you, I didn’t have a lot to lose, with a BMI of 35, as well as the fact I already ate healthily, so there wasn’t any dramatic switch in what I ate. Portion sizes had to be adjusted and while I don’t completely understand the science, the fasting process obviously has had a major effect.

However, it’s miraculous that having been a fat baby, fat toddler, fat teen and even fatter adult (the child of obese, face-stuffing parents) I have lost close on 20% of my starting weight and, more miraculous still, I’ve kept it off. Another 5 or 6 kilos would be great but I’m not holding my breath.

It’s obviously difficult, as you are finding, to lose a couple of kilos, although it must be comforting to know that, if that’s all you need to lose you are already at a healthy weight. I’m sure you can afford to continue to enjoy your buttered toast etc., as the occasional, well-deserved treat. Too much deprivation leads to misery which in turn, can (in many cases, not yours or mine, of course) often lead to an almighty binge.

Fast, if ever there was a back-handed compliment: you being too thin to know anything about it. As for doing the 5:2 thing, does the silly woman not realise that for it to work you do it in practice, not in theory? Obviously not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

Happy and P, I would also be happy to “gorge on blue” in the interests of science. Sadly, though, I’m lactose intolerant so have to nibble rather than gorge if I don’t want to feel as sick as a pig for the next 24 hours. I’m pleased to say there are now various lactose-free cheeses available which, although a bit too bland to eat as they are, work very well when cooked.

Hermat, I love your story.I don’t deserve your encouragement as I am just finetunng which is fiddly, but not lifechanging. (I will happily take it though:)You however have faced down a big problem and turned your life around. This is the power of the 5:2 right here. Bravo.

Hi there wonderful people

Great advice, team, for new maintainers. Everyone has to find what is doable for them. β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸπŸ

Congratulations to us all for sticking to 5:2 and maintaining our weight loss over a number of years. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈπŸŒΊπŸŒΊ

From reading the research it is not usual for people who have lost great chunks of weight to be able to maintain for much over one year. It is fantastic to have this support group. Go MCers, go. All power to us. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Happy, support your wise words. 🌺🌺

Hermaj, great to be reminded of how hard you have worked. Big hugs to you πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŒ·πŸŒ·

Fast, what a compliment. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ She doesn’t want to lose weight. Don’t waste your precious energy.

Purple, trust the healing is going well. We are having lovely soft rain and 23 C and the garden loves it. πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Roblynne, i hope you will work out the way that suits you and stick with us. We are “tough love” supportive of each other, and if we think you’re serious, we will occasionally give you a friendly kick along the way. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Kindly take it as friendly tough love in action. 🌺🌺🌺

Bay, we’ve got soft rain forecast…possibly snowflake soft! Very definitely not 23 C! Brrrr.

Fast, that’s such a funny encounter! How rude. You just can’t win with some people. I wonder if she thought you were too thin when she thought you were naturally slim?! And I wonder how she would have reacted if you had chosen to comment on her excess weight?!

I guess we are tough because we know you need to be to maintain? πŸ™‚
    Love all your bright icons today Bay. Very cheering. The hand was playing up last night..Ì did too much yesterday. πŸ™„
    Fast, how lovely to be “too skinny”. How proud you must be! Healthy sensible eating. Result? A healthy, thin body! Who would have thought? πŸ˜‰
    You have had fabulous success Herm. As you recognise, coming from lifelong overweight to where you are now is significant. Our own self image has a considerable effect on our attitude to food. Many of us were thin as young things and gained later. We can still see ourselves as thin, as we’ve been there. But how many times do you hear large people say they have always been big so need to eat more? It’s all mindset!
    Keep up the chatter and support you wonderful maintainers. 🌹🌷🌻🌺P

Hi Happy. Enjoy your snow β˜ƒβ›‡P

Thanks P! It might yet just be rain, preferable given that the girls won’t get up when the world’s white over. Actually one of them is in the dining room at the moment, she’s going through a severe late moult and is too poorly insulated (bald!) to be out in this cold weather. I suspect if we do get the arctic winter some are predicting they’ll all end up in my polytunnel…

Hi aall – what a lovely, communicative day!

Happy – you’re right; sadly, I often suffer from ‘l’esprit de l’escalier’ – the realisation, just that bit too late, of what one should have said – but I’ve decided: in future, my response to that sort of backhanded compliment, too frequently dished out, will be ‘would you think me very rude if I pointed out that you could do with losing some weight? You’d be right: I would be, which is why I don’t – so it would be really nice if you would treat me with the same courtesy, please’. But then of course, we all need to make allowance: we choose to be ‘far too thin…need to put on some weight, so are fair game for rudeness; they, poor souls, have no choice and no alternative to being fat, so can’t be criticised…

Enjoy the snow – but if you could keep it up there I’d be really grateful!

Hi Fast

Perfect response. 🌺🌺 What you need is a straight talking Australian who is fed up with being treated rudely by people who cannot handle a similar riposte, that is, Me. Now I have learnt your speech by heart, and will trot it out the very next time someone is so rude to me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Cheers, Bay, watching America Votes on two stations! What a political tragic. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Hi Roblynne,

The brown bread with bits in it is a disparaging appraisal of bread that is trying to be “more healthy” or marketed as more healthy. In the Harvard ranking glucose is given a value of 100 and everything is relative to that. I was referring to a paper published by Holt et al. Similar concept except rather than measuring the level of glucose in your blood their study measured the insulin response to foods. They measured how much insulin was released in response to a set quantity of different foods. They assigned white bread a ranking of 100 and then everything was relative to that. They did not measure pure glucose but to give you an idea they did measure jelly babies lollies which would be just about pure sugar and on their ranking for that was 160. Brown “healthy” bread scored 96, just a fraction better than plain white bread.

Fear not I will not try and debate you or convert you. if you like your bread keep eating it. Don’t get me wrong I do eat it occasionally but its very occasionally. Sugar and cakes, that’s easy, that’s a never food.

Robynlynne
    I make my own sourdough with all sorts of low gi grains. Mr P (reversed his diabetes with 5:2) eats it for breakfast a few mornings a week.No effect on his blood sugar levels. I’m with BigB, insulin response is everything ☺
    Bay, the world is holding it’s breath! πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘ P

First Brexit, now Trump? What next!!!

Don’t we live in interesting times, P?

Love your reposte, Fast, please keep us posted with the outcomes. At least you have the NHS to pick up the pieces πŸ™‚ People are so thoughtless.

I’ve had a kilogram that has lingered over the last few weeks, so am doing egg-and-fat between my fast days this week to get back to the desired 58 on the scales. Any increase scares me, having been overweight all my life (so have a big body image) and still cannot truly believe that 5:2 can be a permanent remedy. But having to take such measures seems to indicate to me that the wol is not a perfect solution (horrible changeable spring weather, and a really difficult month at work has probably played a part, though).

Love the conversations, ladies πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Tell me more about “egg and fat between fasts”, Barata?
    Very changable spring here…34 on Monday, 22 and a thunderstorm now. β˜ˆβ˜‡β›ˆπŸŒ¦

P,FD Monday and Thursday, so yesterday and today I am just eating eggs. You are supposed to have fat with them (fat should be such a major part of our diets – I am doing a lot of reading on lchf) so, three boiled eggs and a small slab of cheese for lunch, a three-egg omelette with avocado for dinner, and nuts after work. No breakfast, makes it easier. Two days will be enough, and together it should be sufficient to drop those gms. Hard to be off the wine for four days though πŸ™ . Unscientific, but we work on the continuing studies of one, and another one, and another one…

Financial institutions are taking a hit!

Southerly gales on Monday, glorious still clear evening last night! Our new central heating furnace went in yesterday. We have been told by the serviceman since we moved in nearly eleven years ago that it needed replacing, finally got it done.

No greens? eg lettuce?
    I often do that with just veg patties (chickpea and veg), lettuce, carrot and tomato. Filling, but usually drop down a kg.
    P

$34b wiped off the Australian Stock Exchange as a result of the US election! 😐

Nope. I do confess to three tiny sweet tomatoes however. Sour cream with omelette last night was delicious, and a generous helping of butter to cook it in. Back to a big leafy salad tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,751 through 7,800 (of 11,673 total)

You must be logged in to reply.