Tastier than expected fast day 'thrown together' meals

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Tastier than expected fast day 'thrown together' meals

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MaryAnn 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,

Sometimes on a fast day I just throw something together, especially if it’s getting towards the end of the month and I’m waiting for pay day to arrive. Sometimes it results in disappointment, sometimes in exclamations of ‘This is really good!’ I was wondering if anyone can provide ideas for cheap and cheerful meals that came about as an experiment or happy accident?

Tonight I took a big courgette and cut it into thin ribbons. I fried 2 crushed cloves of garlic in a little olive oil, added the courgette, some chilli flakes, salt and pepper. I did this last week (but with 2 courgettes) but today I decided to add two chopped tomatoes. I served it in a bowl and after eating the veg was left with a small amount of spicy juice/liquid/broth/soupy thing at the bottom. Just a couple of mouth fulls really but it tasted good.

Does anyone have any similar receipes/ideas/experiences to share? I’d love to hear them and to borrow some inspiration!

I live in Japan and courgettes/zucchini isn’t so common here. When I can get it, I like to do a stir fry with courgettes and cherry tomatoes and some fresh basil. It’s amazing. I’ll bet yours is, too!

A Mark Bittman “recipe” I really love is chopped peaches, tomatoes, red onion, a bit of olive oil, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Oh, and the secret ingredient: plenty of chopped cilantro. [It’s from his 101 salad ideas]

I also play around a bit with toppings on the Mexican pizza from the Fast Diet book. My favorite lately is a bit of tuna, capers, and oregano. Onion would also be good on that, but I don’t usually have the calories to spare after a 100 calorie tortilla and 130 cals of mozzarella.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.