Swimming On Fast Day

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello All – (my first post)

I haven’t started the 5:2 diet yet but I’m very close. Sorry if this has been covered before:

With various work & family commitments the best days for me to fast would be Monday & Wednesday, also these are the days my wife fasts.

However I go to a swim class on a late on Monday night, it’s a coached swim class with the local swim club and is very high intensity, we swim between 3k – 3.2k in 60 mins, and by the end of the class I’m totally exhausted. I normally take the view that I need a good lunch on the day of the class and I need to refuel after the class.

1.Do you think I could do this class on a fast day?
    2. I’m starving by the time I get home, would a bowl of porridge allow my body to recover? (I’ve always been a strong believer in eating well after a work out)

Hi rod

I exercise first thing in the morning and always on an empty stomach. I do an hour of cardio at the gym, followed by 30 minutes resistance work and a short swim. I haven’t noticed any difference in my ability to exercise regardless of whether it is the morning after a FD or not.
    Why do you need to eat late at night after swimming? Is it hunger or that you think you should?
    If it is hunger then I suggest you save sufficient calories for a bowl of porage, but if it isn’t the maybe you should try without eating and see what happens. The worse thing that could happen would be a sleepless night.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.