Sugar substitutes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jenjen1028 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• is it ok to use Stevia for  sugar substitution while on the maintenance plan or otherwise?

Hi Thebatlleb – Michael uses Stevia for cooking and no-one seems to notice the difference. (unless you forget to reduce it to 1/3 quantity, when it tastes unbelievably sweet!)It does seem to be a good way of cutting calories if you have a sweet tooth

The combination of Erythritol and Steviolglykoside (ERYLITE® Stevia 1:1) tastes much better than stevia alone.

Stevia tastes differently sweet to me.
    Since using it in my hot drinks, I can now enjoy black tea or coffee, without milk, sugar, sweetener – so stevia, somehow reeducating my taste buds, has been a major success for me.

I want to know if drinking black or herbal tea with Stevia/Erythritol is the same as herbal or black tea with nothing added. I don’t use cream just the sweetner. Am i doing my self in? Is it spiking my blood sugar with the Stevia or is it ok? The tea helps when i get hungry or cold. I drink between 2 and 4 mugs a day after my am tea or coffee which i use cream in and add it into my 500 calories for the day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.