Studies with mice

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• The most commonly referenced mouse studies fast the mice for 16 to 24 hours, but how does that extrapolate to a human fasting for a day?

Since a lab mouse lives about 2 years and we average about 80 years, wouldn’t the comparable fast for a human be at least 16 hours x 40? More than 26 days.

jpdjpdjpd, in Michaels Horizon programme when he was looking at the research diet has on mice I believe the experts told him mouse longevity correlated to approx
    40% extra in their lifespan. Michael attempted to equate this to Humans, not only regarding longevity but to the delay and onset of illness such as dementia. Because naturally no long time research has been carried out on humans we do not yet know the effects Alternate Day Fasting has on our health and longevity. We are all guinea pigs in this process by the way.
    Good luck.

“couscous – 40% extra in their lifespan”

I would welcome those returns, and with new developing technology, projections could well be beyond the 120 year lifespan.

This will raise our awareness of possibilities.

“couscous – 40% extra in their lifespan”

I would welcome those returns, and with new developing technology, projections could well be beyond the 120 year lifespan.

This will raise our awareness of possibilities.

Most people have an 80 year mindset, and, from my understanding, are not thinking and viewing from the 120+ viewpoint.

So what would that look like?

What do we do with our newfound time?

Our habits are being developed even as we speak.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.